Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Texans Game Cost Us a Bye - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Texans Game Cost Us a Bye (/Thread-Texans-Game-Cost-Us-a-Bye)

Pages: 1 2

Texans Game Cost Us a Bye - ItsOdellThurman - 12-27-2015

Even with a loss at Denver, that game would've clinched the tiebreaker over New England. Such a shame.

RE: Texans Game Cost Us a Bye - reuben.ahmed - 12-27-2015

Agreed, **** JJ Watt. Seemed like Hue tried to account for him on every play and tailor every damn play because of him.

RE: Texans Game Cost Us a Bye - Beaker - 12-27-2015

A win at denver clinches us a bye Mr Positive.

RE: Texans Game Cost Us a Bye - Whacked - 12-27-2015

WOW. I had no idea. That BLOWS

RE: Texans Game Cost Us a Bye - FuZZ - 12-27-2015

Just win and we have the bye... Whatever

RE: Texans Game Cost Us a Bye - bfine32 - 12-27-2015

I think it also matters that they were a common opponent of us and the Pats.

RE: Texans Game Cost Us a Bye - Essex Johnson - 12-27-2015

(12-27-2015, 06:30 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Even with a loss at Denver, that game would've clinched the tiebreaker over New England.  Such a shame.

Not going to win them all.. at least we lost to a decent team most likely 9-7 and in the playoffs and not a 5-10 team like Steelers just did.

RE: Texans Game Cost Us a Bye - bengal kitten uk - 12-27-2015

If we are tied with the Pats we would be tied on conference record, so it goes to Common Opponents.

Pittsburgh: NE Win, Cin Win & Loss
Denver: NE Loss, Cin Win
Houston: NE Win, Cin Loss
Buffalo: NE Win & Win, Cin Win

Means NE are 4-1 and we are 3-2 against common opponents. Therefore NE wins the tiebreaker.

So the Texans and Steelers losses hurt double from that perspective Sad

RE: Texans Game Cost Us a Bye - bfine32 - 12-27-2015

(12-27-2015, 06:46 PM)bengal kitten uk Wrote: If we are tied with the Pats we would be tied on conference record, so it goes to Common Opponents.

Pittsburgh: NE Win, Cin Win & Loss
Denver: NE Loss, Cin Win
Houston: NE Win, Cin Loss
Buffalo: NE Win & Win, Cin Win

Means NE are 4-1 and we are 3-2 against common opponents.  Therefore NE wins the tiebreaker.

So the Texans and Steelers losses hurt double from that perspective Sad

It took someone from out of the Country to break it down.

I knew the Texans game was costly. 

RE: Texans Game Cost Us a Bye - Stonyhands - 12-27-2015

Get the second seed and win our first game and hope NE loses their playoff game = AFC Championship game in Cincinnati.

RE: Texans Game Cost Us a Bye - michaelsean - 12-27-2015

We can still get homefield if we win 2 and Pats lose next week.

RE: Texans Game Cost Us a Bye - BonnieBengal - 12-27-2015

I think you mean it may have cost us the #1 seed. We are still very much in it for the #2 seed and a Bye.

RE: Texans Game Cost Us a Bye - StLucieBengal - 12-27-2015

Pats have trouble in Miami historically. So it's not dead yet.

2 seed will force either the Jets or Steelers to go through New England which both can beat the Pats. We will get ether Chefs, Broncos, or Texans.

So the 2 might be the better match ups pre championship game.

RE: Texans Game Cost Us a Bye - rfaulk34 - 12-27-2015

(12-27-2015, 06:31 PM)Beaker Wrote: A win at denver clinches us a bye Mr Positive.

Yup. Clinches a bye and after NE loses at home in rd.2, Bengals have home field for AFCC.  Pervert

RE: Texans Game Cost Us a Bye - ItsOdellThurman - 12-27-2015

Obviously winning at Denver can do it. My point was, a home game against a lowly Texans team could've gotten it done. Denver is probably going to be the toughest game of the year outside of at Arizona...

RE: Texans Game Cost Us a Bye - Essex Johnson - 12-27-2015

(12-27-2015, 07:53 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Obviously winning at Denver can do it.  My point was, a home game against a lowly Texans team could've gotten it done.  Denver is probably going to be the toughest game of the year outside of at Arizona...

Texans actually have been playing well the 2nd half of season.. this is the NFL not a video game.. look at what happen today.. Browns almost defeated Chiefs.. Rams are killing Seahawks.. Ravens sweep Steelers.. Eagles defeated Patriots it is way too hard not to slip up one game.. what makes good teams good is they rarely slip up more than once or twice... and bounce back after a lose.. this is what i take from the Bengals.. 

RE: Texans Game Cost Us a Bye - BengalB - 12-27-2015

Can't people just appreciate being the AFCN Champs?

The fact that people look for any kind of negative thing to post just irks me....

Life is much better when you appreciate the good and not concentrate on past failures or losses. Whatever

RE: Texans Game Cost Us a Bye - Awful Llama - 12-27-2015

(12-27-2015, 08:01 PM)BengalB Wrote: Can't people just appreciate being the AFCN Champs?
I think they do, we're just pre-occupied with gettting the bye tomorrow night.  
Looking forward to at least two trips to The Jungle in January, and hopefully three Tiger

RE: Texans Game Cost Us a Bye - GodFather - 12-27-2015

(12-27-2015, 06:30 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Even with a loss at Denver, that game would've clinched the tiebreaker over New England.  Such a shame.

Thats the kind of thing that drives me crazy, when we lost that game and the comments from others were "Its not a big deal" 

With only 16 game season, every game is a big deal!

RE: Texans Game Cost Us a Bye - jfkbengals - 12-27-2015

Wrong, losses to Houston AND Pittsburgh caused it.  Either one being a win would have changed the current situation.