Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Gun owner kills someone - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Gun owner kills someone (/Thread-Gun-owner-kills-someone)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Gun owner kills someone - bfine32 - 01-02-2016

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/67736386-story

Quote:A man was shot and killed when deputies say he unlawfully entered a home and fired at two people inside.

The Polk County Sheriff's Office said it happened at a home on Chestnut Hills Drive around 6:30 a.m. New Year's Day.

Chevez Antwann Fiason, 24, was shot and killed by the homeowner during the incident. No one else was injured in the incident.

Fiason was said to have a violent arrest history and was released from state prison in March 2015.

What could/would you do if such a man broke into your house and threatened the lives of you and your loved ones?

A. Defend my family with equal force

B. Assume the fetal position and hope he just steals stuff and leaves

C. Call someone else with a gun to come save my family and hope they get there quickly

D. Apologize for my privilege and let him know that no one understands his plight like I do.

E. Blame someone else

F. Attempt to stab him with some scissors 

RE: Gun owner kills someone - Rotobeast - 01-02-2016

I cannot answer, as it would then be considered premeditated.
Smirk

RE: Gun owner kills someone - bfine32 - 01-02-2016

(01-02-2016, 03:02 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I cannot answer, as it would then be considered premeditated.
Smirk

I suppose if you planned the home invasion, then you'd have a point.

RE: Gun owner kills someone - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 01-02-2016

Anyone who breaks into my home will be very dead. Good for the homeowner.

RE: Gun owner kills someone - Rotobeast - 01-02-2016

(01-02-2016, 03:04 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose if you planned the home invasion, then you'd have a point.

You know the BS that some people have went through,  over defense of their homes.
I assumed that's why you specified "equal force" in your first option.
(01-02-2016, 03:06 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Anyone who breaks into my home will be very dead.  Good for the homeowner.

Dead men tell no tales, nor come back to retaliate against your family for prosecution. 

RE: Gun owner kills someone - BmorePat87 - 01-02-2016

I'm pretty sure nearly everyone supports a homeowner's right to defend their home from someone who breaks in and shoots at them.

RE: Gun owner kills someone - Belsnickel - 01-02-2016

(01-02-2016, 07:37 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm pretty sure nearly everyone supports a homeowner's right to defend their home from someone who breaks in and shoots at them.

X2

I have never seen anyone on this board or the old one that has been against a homeowner's rights in a scenario like this.

RE: Gun owner kills someone - GMDino - 01-02-2016

(01-02-2016, 09:20 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: X2

I have never seen anyone on this board or the old one that has been against a homeowner's rights in a scenario like this.

I've seen very few seriously say we should ban all guns too.

Here or in the real world.

but mention "gun control" and everyone who owns a bb gun is out defending their rights that the president is going to take away!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-mom-accidentally-shot-killed-daughter-20151230-story.html

Quote:St. Cloud Police Cpl. Claude Campbell, Jr. placed a breathless 911 call late Tuesday evening as his step-daughter lay unconscious in his 10th Street home.

He tells the dispatcher that 27-year-old Ashley Doby has "passed out. She has a pacemaker. She has a heart problem," in a recording released by police.

But not once during the five-minute 911 call does Campbell, a veteran member of the St. Cloud Police Department, mention why Doby was struggling to breathe: a gunshot wound to the chest.

Campbell omitted that fact because he was asleep when his wife shot Doby, mistaking her for an intruder, police said on Wednesday. He didn't realize what happened until his wife — a 911 dispatcher with the Osceola County Sheriff's Office – explained it to him, according to authorities.

It was too late. Doby was taken to a local hospital, where she later died. Her death is being characterized by St. Cloud Police as an "accidental shooting," according to Sgt. Denise Roberts. Sherry Campbell, 45, fired one fatal shot. She has not been arrested on any criminal charges.

"The homeowner's story is consistent with the physical evidence and the witness' statement," Roberts said in a news release. "At this time, the incident appears to be an accidental shooting; however, the investigation is ongoing…"

Once the investigation is complete, detectives will forward the case to the Orange-Osceola State Attorney's Office, which decides whether to file criminal charges.

Claude Campbell would not comment when he was reached on his cell phone.

In the 911 call, his wife Sherry is heard in the background apologizing to her daughter.

"Baby, I love you so much, please!" she sobs. "Please…Oh my god …"

'Very quiet' neighborhood

Events at the Campbells' 10th street home unfolded on Tuesday just before midnight, police said.

Sherry Campbell was sleeping in her bed and awoke after she thought an intruder had entered the home and was approaching her, Roberts said in a news release.

Police have released few other details about the case of mistaken identity.

Neighbors on Wednesday afternoon said they were surprised to learn of the shooting because they didn't hear a large police presence the night before — even though some were still awake.

The area, located just east of the city's cobblestoned downtown, is safe enough that resident Harry Morris often leaves his garage door rolled up.

So the 80-year-old retiree said he couldn't understand how someone would become so frightened here that she would reach for a gun, thinking someone was breaking in.

"That's really shocking, actually," Morris said on Wednesday while standing on his lawn, two houses down from where the shooting happened. "I've been here for 14 years, and nothing like this has ever happened. It's usually very quiet."

Morris said Claude Campbell has lived at the modest, ranch-style home for longer than he has been in the neighborhood, and the law-enforcement officer has responded to his home a couple of times.

"I know him because he's a detective," Morris said. "He's a friendly guy."

Campbell, 45, has been employed with the St. Cloud Police Department since 1998, Roberts said. In that time, he has served as an undercover officer for various narcotic units. He is currently taking administrative leave from the department for family medical purposes, Roberts said.

"The incident ... involved the mother and daughter and did not involve a SCPD Officer," Roberts said in a release. "This is not an officer involved shooting and therefore, it will not be investigated by FDLE."

Accidental shootings

This is not the first time in Central Florida where a relative has been mistaken as an intruder in a fatal shooting.

In June, a 16-year-old Ocoee High School student was fatally shot by his brother in their Pine Hills home, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

The 32-year-old brother was asleep with his wife at home about 11:30 p.m. when he thought he heard an intruder and fired his semiautomatic handgun, deputies said.

The person turned out to be Leonard "Leo" Stay, who was badly wounded and later died at a local hospital.

In a non-deadly accidental shooting, a Mount Dora man shot his ex-girlfriend when she came back to a residence to gather her things.

Anthony "T.J." Schaus told Lake County Sheriff's Office deputies he thought a woman who had walked into his closet was a burglar. He was sleeping when she entered, he said.

The woman, Felicia Hoffman, suffered stomach and back injuries.

Criminal charges were not filed in either of those cases, court records show.

RE: Gun owner kills someone - Vlad - 01-02-2016

(01-02-2016, 02:53 AM)bfine32 Wrote: http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/67736386-story

What could/would you do if such a man broke into your house and threatened the lives of you and your loved ones?

A. Defend my family with equal force

B. Assume the fetal position and hope he just steals stuff and leaves

C. Call someone else with a gun to come save my family and hope they get there quickly

D. Apologize for my privilege and let him know that no one understands his plight like I do.

E. Blame someone else

F. Attempt to stab him with some scissors 

Pee on yourself.

They say it works against rapists.

[Image: sbqa8z.jpg]

(01-02-2016, 11:47 AM)Vlad Wrote: Pee on yourself.

They say it works against rapists.

[Image: sbqa8z.jpg]

What if the rapists pulls his gun first?

Do we have to wait for a third person with a gun and hope they are a good guy?  What if TWO people show up?!?!

Do we hope they just have a stand off and everyone backs away slowly?

Or is a gun like a bible?  Magical in its ability to help the good and defeat evil?  Cool

Well at least SSF answered the question.

RE: Gun owner kills someone - fredtoast - 01-02-2016

(01-02-2016, 12:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well at least SSF answered the question.

No one else has enough interest in a silly strawman set up like this.

Instead of crying about the lack of responses try asking a serious question.

(01-02-2016, 02:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No one else has enough interest in a silly strawman set up like this.

Instead of crying about the lack of responses try asking a serious question.

Lulz

RE: Gun owner kills someone - Benton - 01-02-2016

Safety scissors? Or Sewing scissors?

(01-02-2016, 06:30 PM)Benton Wrote: Safety scissors? Or Sewing scissors?

The ones with no point.......

RE: Gun owner kills someone - jfkbengals - 01-02-2016

I have a different answer than those listed.

Step 1 is utilize option A.

Step 2 is I will want serious answers from lawmakers and all of you as to why we don't have proper gun control to prevent recently released convicted felon with violent histories from obtaining a gun in the first place. As he is a convicted felon, he does not have many rights, much less a first amendment right to a firearm.

(01-02-2016, 07:35 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: As he is a convicted felon, he does not have many rights, much less a first amendment right to a firearm.

Was Pat your Government teacher?

(01-02-2016, 08:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Was Pat your Government teacher?

No, you're the only person here I have had to teach.

He is correct about the firearms, but I personally would have phrased it: "As a convicted felon, he has a limit on his rights and ability to engage in civic duties".

(01-02-2016, 08:38 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No, you're the only person here I have had to teach.

He is correct about the firearms, but I personally would have phrased it: "As a convicted felon, he has a limit on his rights and ability to engage in civic duties".

As I suspected. I was more focused on the right to own firearms being a 1st Amendment thing.