Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***PLAYOFF GameDay Thread- Steelers @ Bengals*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2015 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2015-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: ***PLAYOFF GameDay Thread- Steelers @ Bengals*** (/Thread-PLAYOFF-GameDay-Thread-Steelers-Bengals)

RE: ***PLAYOFF GameDay Thread- Steelers @ Bengals*** - 6andcounting - 01-10-2016

(01-10-2016, 02:03 AM)cinci4life Wrote: The refs have everything to do with it. There was nothing wrong with Burfict's hit. Wasn't even close to helmet to helmet. If that was a penalty then the hit on Gio should have been a penalty.

Defenseless receiver vs an established runner. The calls were correct. Well, actually the Gio play was a TD for the Steelers that was wrongly blown dead, but yeah.

RE: ***PLAYOFF GameDay Thread- Steelers @ Bengals*** - iowahwky4cincy - 01-10-2016

(01-10-2016, 01:59 AM)Froob Wrote: It is not marvins fault. **** hill and the refs

When the refs failed to call a penalty on Shazer for hitting Bernard with the crown of the helmet after flagging Nelson  earlier on what looked like a legal hit, they lost control of the game. You can absolutely blame the officials for this.
And we haven't heard the last of it. Some refs are going to get fined--or suspended--for this one.
GO STRIPES!!!

RE: ***PLAYOFF GameDay Thread- Steelers @ Bengals*** - Terry Bradshaw - 01-10-2016

Get your boy burfict under control.

Don't blame lewis.

burfict lost you guys this game.

Tell him I said thanks.

Regards,

Terry.

RE: ***PLAYOFF GameDay Thread- Steelers @ Bengals*** - grampahol - 01-10-2016

I don't feel bad now. I'm done with the franchise permanently. They tossed the game in the shitcan and deserve to lose. No more. I hung with this team since I was a boy in the 1960s, but no more. I live in South Carolina so my new team.. Go Panthers.. Screw the BUNGLES.

RE: ***PLAYOFF GameDay Thread- Steelers @ Bengals*** - masonbengals fan - 01-10-2016

Refs decided this one. Absolutely pitiful.

RE: ***PLAYOFF GameDay Thread- Steelers @ Bengals*** - t3r3e3 - 01-10-2016

(01-10-2016, 01:57 AM)StayingUpForThis Wrote: This was on the bengals. ***** penaltys!!!! In the last 20 secs!!!! KIDS DON'T DO THAT SHIT

Dumb @ss penalties at that.  Burfict is a heckuva a player, but a total moron when it comes to knowing what not to do.  Hill has to cover the ball with two hands.  Every pewee league RB does that in this situation.  Burkhead did it on his only carry.  Jones has to know better than to push a coach during an injury timeout.

This game marks a new low for the Bengals.  Never (this side of Herm Edwards and the fumble return) has a team so thoroughly blown an opportunity to wrap up a crucial victory.  At the end of the day, control of the players comes down to the head coach.  Marvin has to rule these clowns with an iron fist.  If he can't manage that, he will never be the coach to lead the team to any sort sort of Playoff glory.  

RE: ***PLAYOFF GameDay Thread- Steelers @ Bengals*** - iowahwky4cincy - 01-10-2016

(01-10-2016, 02:05 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Defenseless receiver vs an established runner. The calls were correct. Well, actually the Gio play was a TD for the Steelers that was wrongly blown dead, but yeah.

Don't feel alone or singled out here, but Pittsburgh is really full of functional retards...
GO STRIPES!!!

RE: ***PLAYOFF GameDay Thread- Steelers @ Bengals*** - West Union KennyG - 01-10-2016

(01-10-2016, 01:59 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Marvin should be fired. Any team with that kind of discliplne in the biggest game of the year is an embarrassment.

Yes, you're right!

RE: ***PLAYOFF GameDay Thread- Steelers @ Bengals*** - PApinhead - 01-10-2016

(01-10-2016, 02:03 AM)cinci4life Wrote: The refs have everything to do with it. There was nothing wrong with Burfict's hit. Wasn't even close to helmet to helmet. If that was a penalty then the hit on Gio should have been a penalty.

Exactly!!!  His hit was clean.  If the hit on Gio didn't get called, there is no way this one should have.

RE: ***PLAYOFF GameDay Thread- Steelers @ Bengals*** - Aquapod770 - 01-10-2016

It was shoulder to helmet. Still a penalty. 

That said, leading with the crown is also a penalty. Shazier should have been penalized. 

RE: ***PLAYOFF GameDay Thread- Steelers @ Bengals*** - Fresno B - 01-10-2016

(01-10-2016, 02:06 AM)Terry Bradshaw Wrote: Get your boy burfict under control.

Don't blame lewis.

burfict lost you guys this game.

Tell him I said thanks.

Regards,

Terry.

Hill lost this game. 

RE: ***PLAYOFF GameDay Thread- Steelers @ Bengals*** - cinci4life - 01-10-2016

(01-10-2016, 02:05 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Defenseless receiver vs an established runner. The calls were correct. Well, actually the Gio play was a TD for the Steelers that was wrongly blown dead, but yeah.

One was helmet to helmet the other wasn't. Big difference whether you like it or not.

RE: ***PLAYOFF GameDay Thread- Steelers @ Bengals*** - tjcase85 - 01-10-2016

(01-10-2016, 02:05 AM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: When the refs failed to call a penalty on Shazer for hitting Bernard with the crown of the helmet after flagging Nelson  earlier on what looked like a legal hit, they lost control of the game. You can absolutely blame the officials for this.
And we haven't heard the last of it. Some refs are going to get fined--or suspended--for this one.
GO STRIPES!!!
Yep, Burficts  almost look like an accident. He lowered his head into Burficts shoulder. How is that tez fault? Biased calls once again so the NFL can have Pitt vs Broncos like they wanted.

RE: ***PLAYOFF GameDay Thread- Steelers @ Bengals*** - BonnieBengal - 01-10-2016

(01-10-2016, 02:09 AM)tjcase85 Wrote: Yep, Burficts  almost look like an accident. He lowered his head into Burficts shoulder. How is that tez fault? Biased calls once again so the NFL can have Pitt vs Broncos like they wanted.

You can't even blame the NFL.  Blame Hill.  I would cut him.  I swear I would cut him today.

RE: ***PLAYOFF GameDay Thread- Steelers @ Bengals*** - PApinhead - 01-10-2016

(01-10-2016, 02:05 AM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: When the refs failed to call a penalty on Shazer for hitting Bernard with the crown of the helmet after flagging Nelson  earlier on what looked like a legal hit, they lost control of the game. You can absolutely blame the officials for this.
GO STRIPES!!!

You are absolutely right except for the last part.  It is what the NFL wanted, so no refs will be disciplined.

RE: ***PLAYOFF GameDay Thread- Steelers @ Bengals*** - BuccaneersFanInKC - 01-10-2016

I'm still not sure how Joey Porter didn't draw a flag.

RE: ***PLAYOFF GameDay Thread- Steelers @ Bengals*** - TheLeonardLeap - 01-10-2016

Crown of the helmet is crown of the helmet, regardless of pass catcher status. It was made a rule about 2-3 years ago. Only exception to the crown of the helmet is between the tackles within like three yards of the LoS, I believe.

RE: ***PLAYOFF GameDay Thread- Steelers @ Bengals*** - Fresno B - 01-10-2016

(01-10-2016, 02:10 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: You can't even blame the NFL.  Blame Hill.  I would cut him.  I swear I would cut him today.

But his swag?

RE: ***PLAYOFF GameDay Thread- Steelers @ Bengals*** - reuben.ahmed - 01-10-2016

Hill should be on suicide watch, no joke honestly. I wouldn't cut him right now...

RE: ***PLAYOFF GameDay Thread- Steelers @ Bengals*** - TheLeonardLeap - 01-10-2016

(01-10-2016, 02:11 AM)BuccaneersFanInKC Wrote: I'm still not sure how Joey Porter didn't draw a flag.

See: Steelers

Same reason Nantz and Simms were throat deep on the Steelers all game.