Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
How about AJ McCarron - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: How about AJ McCarron (/Thread-How-about-AJ-McCarron)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: How about AJ McCarron - BigSeph - 01-12-2016

(01-12-2016, 08:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If 56.1% completion, 212 yards, 1 TD/1 INT, 5.2 YPA, 3 sacks, and 3 fumbles is well enough to win, then the Bengals can pick up most any QB around the league and there'd be no dropoff.

Dude had a pretty awful day.

It was better than the best playoff day Andy Dalton has ever had.

RE: How about AJ McCarron - Fresno B - 01-12-2016

(01-12-2016, 09:21 PM)BigSeph Wrote: It was better than the best playoff day Andy Dalton has ever had.

True true lol

(01-12-2016, 09:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: No and no, actually. I didn't say either of those, so you can stop riding McCarron's D and go back to gazing into your avatar's eyes while sighing wistfully.

I didn't say they didn't have a chance of winning. I said their chance of winning wasn't due to McCarron. The defense played lights out, far better than they've ever played in any playoff game under Lewis. The Bengals were in line to win the game with 16 points... against the 30th ranked pass defense. The defense held the #3 offense and #4 scoring offense to 18 points (despite the offense turning the ball over FOUR times).

Anyone with that good of a defense showing behind them had a chance to win the game. If he had played a bit better in the first three quarters against the 30th ranked pass defense, maybe they could have won without it coming down to the wire.

I can always tell who the AJM bashers are.  They don't even make true statements.  They ignore statistics and facts.

When you say the defense played "far better than they've ever played in any playoff game under Lewis," perhaps if you scrolled back about 5 pages you would see that I already posted the yards allowed statistic from Andy's playoff history.

In ONE game out of FOUR did they allow more yards than what they allowed to the Steelers on Saturday.

That does not fit your narrative, so you keep repeating absolute falsehoods.  Even when people put the stats right in your face.

What the hell does Pittsburgh's regular season pass defense ranking have to do with a playoff game in the rain?

Aaron Rodgers went up against the 25th ranked passing defense and put up 210 yards passing in a playoff game.  Obviously he sucks.  Right?

RE: How about AJ McCarron - McC - 01-12-2016

(01-12-2016, 08:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Will AJ follow Hue to Cleveland?  I have to admit THAT would be interesting.

He'd have to be be traded, so the decision would not be his alone.

Besides, the owner picks the QB in Cleveland, doesn't he?

RE: How about AJ McCarron - Essex Johnson - 01-12-2016

(01-12-2016, 09:21 PM)BigSeph Wrote: It was better than the best playoff day Andy Dalton has ever had.

well depends on your perspective.. I was in  Indy last year and at game Saturday... Andy actually played decent but had nothing around him last year, I believe he had zero turnovers and did not throw the ball bad at all... but we had no chance... AJM played decent game with our full compliment of starters Saturday but did have a crucial fumble and a INT and really did nothing in 1st half.

If you are trying to compare the two , there is no comparison when you look at Andy playing this year with this team compared to AJM.. As i continue to state.. AJM did a good job for a backup.. went 2-2 and keep us alive for playoffs.. nothing is wrong with that.. but remember Andy had us at 10-2 before he got hurt and was on his way to possible MVP year.  

RE: How about AJ McCarron - TheLeonardLeap - 01-12-2016

Yes, against a worst pass defense than Andy Dalton has ever had, with better offensive weapons than Andy Dalton has ever had, with a far better defensive performance than Andy Dalton has ever had.

I'm not saying Andy Dalton has been good in the playoffs. He hasn't. I'm just saying McCarron wasn't good either. It doesn't have to be an either-or thing with Dalton and McCarron. They both have stunk in the playoffs. Just like Palmer did, just like Kitna did. No QB has ever performed well under Lewis in postseason or prime time.

Not sure why you are trying so hard to make it a Dalton vs McCarron fight. If a player stunk it up in a game, what's wrong with saying they stunk it up? McCarron wasn't good. That's all there was to it.

RE: How about AJ McCarron - TheLeonardLeap - 01-12-2016

(01-12-2016, 10:13 PM)McC Wrote: He'd have to be be traded, so the decision would not be his alone.

Besides, the owner picks the QB in Cleveland, doesn't he?

Nope, homeless guys the owner comes across on the street do. Ninja
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24555689/jimmy-haslam-says-homeless-man-convinced-him-to-draft-manziel

^ Evidence of why I am find trading McCarron to the Browns even though it may potential help a division rival. Browns will be Browns regardless if they have Manziel or Brady.

RE: How about AJ McCarron - Shake n Blake - 01-12-2016

(01-12-2016, 05:39 PM)McC Wrote: Doesn't the way he played the first three quarters make what he did in the 4th all that much more impressive?

Did you really expect him to put up 30 or have a 90 plus rating?

I'm saying if the Bengals could have finished that game, the guy's a hero and that comeback goes down in Bengals history.  He delivered what should have been the first playoff win in 25 ***** years.  Personally, I'll never forgive Hue or Marvin for giving the Fumbler the ball at the end of that game.

Yes, it does make the 4th quarter more impressive. I came away feeling the same way I did before the game. Because of that 4th quarter, I didn't lose any faith in McCarron as our backup. That said, the 4th quarter didn't erase the other 3 quarters where he looked like turd. I'm not judging McCarron's career based on 1 measly game, but he did not have a good game overall. By any metric. The numbers and tape are on my side.

I didn't expect 30 points, but I did expect an 80+ rating while limiting turnovers. He looked capable of that, judging from his first go round with the Steelers. Heck, he looked better in that game with zero preparation. He dropped 20 on them with a 90.6 rating.

We can talk shoulda coulda's all day long. They didn't win and that's as much McCarron's fault as anyone else's. You have no problem placing all the blame on "the fumbler" (Jeremy Hill), but McCarron had as many fumbles in this game (3) as Hill had all regular season. Does that put it in perspective? McCarron's fumble that was recovered by the Steelers directly led to 7 for them. So that fumble was just as costly, if not more so than Hill's.

(01-12-2016, 08:52 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: It's obvious why you won't give him any credit and I'm tired of holding back and not calling you hater's out. 

The guy with the McCarron avatar who is only here because of AJ McCarron is accusing others of bias. C'mon bro...LOL

(01-12-2016, 08:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Will AJ follow Hue to Cleveland?  I have to admit THAT would be interesting.

Indeed. I wouldn't want that honestly. I do think Macaroni can be a decent starter. Better than anything the Browns have had in awhile.

(01-12-2016, 10:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yes, against a worst pass defense than Andy Dalton has ever had, with better offensive weapons than Andy Dalton has ever had, with a far better defensive performance than Andy Dalton has ever had.

I'm not saying Andy Dalton has been good in the playoffs. He hasn't. I'm just saying McCarron wasn't good either. It doesn't have to be an either-or thing with Dalton and McCarron. They both have stunk in the playoffs. Just like Palmer did, just like Kitna did. No QB has ever performed well under Lewis in postseason or prime time.

Not sure why you are trying so hard to make it a Dalton vs McCarron fight. If a player stunk it up in a game, what's wrong with saying they stunk it up? McCarron wasn't good. That's all there was to it.

Because if you think McCarron stunk it up by leading the team to 2TDs and a FG in the 4th quarter when they were down 15 points in a rainstorm, you are flat-out insane.

Despite his first 3 quarters being subpar, that 4th quarter was part of his overall game too, and it deserves more recognition than "he stunk."

McCarron had a day not so different than Roethlisberger's or Aaron Rodgers' this past weekend.  Neither was particularly good early, neither passed for more than 250 yards, but both took their teams down to put points on the board when it mattered.

By your logic every single QB this weekend "stunk."

Maybe you don't understand what playoff football is about - it's about getting points on the board and winning in the 4th quarter.  Everybody's throwing the kitchen sink at you in every game, you adapt, you adjust, and you figure it out.

Green Bay down 18-17 late 3rd quarter - they win.  Aaron Rodgers - 210 yards passing, 93.5 rating.
Seahawks down 9-0 in the 4th quarter - they win.  Russell Wilson - 142 yards passing, 63.3 rating.
Chiefs blow the doors off the Texans.  Alex Smith - 190 yards passing, 98.7 rating.

Kirk Cousins led all NFL QBs last weekend with 329 yards passing and had a 91.7 rating.  What was it good for?  Did he put points on the board when it mattered?

Ben Roethlisberger - sacked as many times as McCarron.  If Rey catches the ball that hits him in the face, Ben is intercepted as many times as McCarron.

He played good enough to win a playoff game in harsh conditions, and made plays when it mattered most.

What is your metric for determining who "stunk?"  Is it passing yards?  McCarron had 3rd most passing yards out of 8 QBs this weekend.  Was it QB rating?  McCarron had a better QB rating than Russell Wilson this weekend.  Was it sacks?  Roethlisberger sacked just as many times.  INTs?  Russell Wilson and Alex Smith had just as many as AJM and they won their games.

AJ McCarron, all things considered, played well.  Well enough to win that game, and the team deserved that win.

RE: How about AJ McCarron - Shake n Blake - 01-12-2016

(01-12-2016, 10:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yes, against a worst pass defense than Andy Dalton has ever had, with better offensive weapons than Andy Dalton has ever had, with a far better defensive performance than Andy Dalton has ever had.

Good post. Rep. 

RE: How about AJ McCarron - t3r3e3 - 01-13-2016

(01-10-2016, 02:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Where did I say the fumble was his fault ?  I was at the game and I thought he did a good job but it was obvious he has little touch and missed some simple throws .. it is also obvious he is not at the level of Dalton, that is not a knock on him since Dalton is a top 10 Qb in the league

AJ has started 4 games, not 60.  He also led as many touchdown scoring drives in one Playoff game as Andy has in 4.  Finally, Dalton is the unquestioned starter, and has gotten better over the last year.  But       top 10?  I don't see it.  In no particular order, Dalton isn't better than Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Wilson, Rivers, Rapelisberger, Newton, Manning (healthy), Romo, Luck.  Andy is in the next tier.

RE: How about AJ McCarron - Shake n Blake - 01-13-2016

(01-12-2016, 09:14 PM)Fresno B Wrote: How on earth did you become a moderator? I mean I'm really serious. How?

How do you have -33 rep points on 617 posts? I mean I'm really serious. How?

RE: How about AJ McCarron - Millhouse - 01-13-2016

Did McCarron play good over half the game? No.
Did he start to play better late in the 3rd which ended with the bs non-flagged Gio hit in which we were in scoring position? Yes.
Did he play good enough in the 4th quarter after being down 15-0 to get the Bengals the lead with 1:38 to go? Yes.

To say he stunk up the whole game is just wrong. He had bad moments for sure in that first half, but once he adjusted to the rain he was able to start moving the ball. And knowing he ended up putting a glove on, my thought was why the hell didnt he start with it. Everyone around here knew it would be raining that night all week. Didnt they prepare for the rain at all in practice I wonder? I know a lot of teams that will wet the balls and try to simulate wet gameday conditions. If the Bengals didn't, then that was a miscalculation on their part, as it definitely hurt his game early on imo.

RE: How about AJ McCarron - tlotharw - 01-13-2016

McCarron had the ball and the game won with 1:30 left, something that Andy hasn't come close to doing. Against the Steelers by the way. Then Hill, Burfict, and Jones came through with what makes the Bengals the Bengals.

RE: How about AJ McCarron - fredtoast - 01-13-2016

(01-13-2016, 01:11 AM)tlotharw Wrote: McCarron had the ball and the game won with 1:30 left, something that Andy hasn't come close to doing. 

The Bengals were winning because the rest of the team played better, not McCarron.

How many playoff games would Dalton have won by just scoring 15 points?   Zero.

(01-13-2016, 12:08 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: How do you have -33 rep points on 617 posts? I mean I'm really serious. How?

He tries hard.  He is a troll.  

RE: How about AJ McCarron - Fresno B - 01-13-2016

(01-13-2016, 12:08 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: How do you have -33 rep points on 617 posts? I mean I'm really serious. How?

From only about 4-5 of the same posters, yourself included. It's not rocket science. Whatever

RE: How about AJ McCarron - Fresno B - 01-13-2016

(01-13-2016, 02:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He tries hard.  He is a troll.  

At least I root for the Bengals. As far as I'm concerned, you were rooting for the opposite team. Blaming the loss on the wrong people and attacking other posters, nothing new with you. We just suffered the worse loss imaginable and I have to come in the boards and hear your trolling. Get a life.

RE: How about AJ McCarron - wolfkaosaun - 01-13-2016

McCarron made a clutch throw to Green.

But also didn't score until the 4th quarter. Missed some open receivers. And had 2 fumbles within the Steelers 20 and another interception within the 20. Also got bailed out on a DPI call.

McCarron didn't look good this game. He looked good on the final drive. But that's all.

(01-13-2016, 02:28 AM)Fresno B Wrote: At least I root for the Bengals. As far as I'm concerned, you were rooting for the opposite team. Blaming the loss on the wrong people and attacking other posters, nothing new with you. We just suffered the worse loss imaginable and I have to come in the boards and hear your trolling. Get a life.

Cry Cry Cry Cry

As far as I am concerned you rape kittens and drink the blood of babies.  Blaming the loss on the wrong people and attacking other posters, nothing new with you.  We just suffered the worst loss imaginable and I have to come in the boards and hear your trolling.  Get a life.