Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
How about AJ McCarron - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: How about AJ McCarron (/Thread-How-about-AJ-McCarron)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: How about AJ McCarron - tlotharw - 01-13-2016

(01-13-2016, 02:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The Bengals were winning because the rest of the team played better, not McCarron.

How many playoff games would Dalton have won by just scoring 15 points?   Zero.

How many points have the Bengals scored in the second halves of all of Andy's playoff games combined?  How many times has Andy brought the Bengals back from behind in his playoff games?  What is Andy's touchdown to interception ratio in all of his playoff games?

RE: How about AJ McCarron - fredtoast - 01-13-2016

(01-13-2016, 02:37 AM)tlotharw Wrote: How many points have the Bengals scored in the second halves of all of Andy's playoff games combined?  How many times has Andy brought the Bengals back from behind in his playoff games?  What is Andy's touchdown to interception ratio in all of his playoff games?

I notice that you refused to answer my question.

I didn't realize that only the points scored in the second half count in playoff games. LMAO

RE: How about AJ McCarron - tlotharw - 01-13-2016

(01-13-2016, 02:38 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I notice that you refused to answer my question.

I didn't realize that only the points scored in the second half count in playoff games. LMAO

You answered your own question.  Being a quarterback that directs a team to a lead in the final minutes of a playoff game does count and Andy has never done that.  Not even close.  He has Faceplanted his way to a loss in perfect weather though.

I noticed that you refused to answer any of my questions.

How many points have the Bengals scored in second halves of playoff games with Andy at quarterback?  How many times has Andy brought the Bengals back from behind in playoff games?  What is Andy's touchdown to interception ratio in his playoff games?

RE: How about AJ McCarron - wolfkaosaun - 01-13-2016

(01-12-2016, 09:21 PM)BigSeph Wrote: It was better than the best playoff day Andy Dalton has ever had.

We're not talking about Dalton. We're talking about McCarron.

And McCarron wasn't good this game.

Not comparing him to anyone else but himself.

RE: How about AJ McCarron - Fresno B - 01-13-2016

(01-13-2016, 03:17 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: We're not talking about Dalton. We're talking about McCarron.

And McCarron wasn't good this game.

Not comparing him to anyone else but himself.

Like you would know what good is.

(01-13-2016, 02:49 AM)tlotharw Wrote: You answered your own question.  Being a quarterback that directs a team to a lead in the final minutes of a playoff game does count and Andy has never done that.  Not even close.  He has Faceplanted his way to a loss in perfect weather though.

I noticed that you refused to answer any of my questions.

How many points have the Bengals scored in second halves of playoff games with Andy at quarterback?  How many times has Andy brought the Bengals back from behind in playoff games?  What is Andy's touchdown to interception ratio in his playoff games?

How many times has McCarron won a playoff game? How many times has McCarron beaten a team that had more than 5 wins?

How many turnovers did McCarron have within the Steelers 30 yard line?

McCarron did not have a good game. Plain and simple.

I mean, if we're comparing the two. Andy Dalton only has one more fumble (4) than McCarron does (3) in playoff games.

Although, Dalton played in 4 games. McCarron in 1.

(01-13-2016, 03:19 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Like you would know what good is.

So 3 fumbles and an interception inside the opponent's 30 is good? All of which occurred in that range, by the way.

Missing open receivers is good? Throwing high balls? Misreading coverage? Being held scoreless through 3 quarters? Averaging 5.2 yards an attempt? A 68.3 QB rating? That's all good in your opinion?

McCarron had one full good series. That's all.

(01-13-2016, 03:19 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Like you would know what good is.

I think your mom is good.

You are not going to argue with that are you?

RE: How about AJ McCarron - Brownshoe - 01-13-2016

How many points did McCarron score when he didn't start on the opponents side of the field because of the Bengals defense/special teams?

(01-13-2016, 03:28 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: So 3 fumbles and an interception inside the opponent's 30 is good? All of which occurred in that range, by the way.

Missing open receivers is good? Throwing high balls? Misreading coverage? Being held scoreless through 3 quarters? Averaging 5.2 yards an attempt? A 68.3 QB rating? That's all good in your opinion?

McCarron had one full good series. That's all.

Is that McCarron or dalton stats? Looks a lot like our 5 year veteran stats imo.

RE: How about AJ McCarron - BengalChris - 01-13-2016

(01-13-2016, 04:50 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: How many points did McCarron score when he didn't start on the opponents side of the field because of the Bengals defense/special teams?

(01-13-2016, 03:23 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: How many times has McCarron won a playoff game? How many times has McCarron beaten a team that had more than 5 wins?

How many turnovers did McCarron have within the Steelers 30 yard line?

McCarron did not have a good game. Plain and simple.

I mean, if we're comparing the two. Andy Dalton only has one more fumble (4) than McCarron does (3) in playoff games.

Although, Dalton played in 4 games. McCarron in 1.

OMG are you guys still in a panic over McCarron? To bash him this much you must be worried he's going to unseat Dalton come spring.

Let me put this to rest for you: Dalton will be the starting QB next year, so you can stop nit-picking a guy who has only a few starts. Really, Dalton's job is safe.

RE: How about AJ McCarron - WhoDeySince81 - 01-13-2016

People do seem kinda touchy about giving the McCarron kid any love.

RE: How about AJ McCarron - Essex Johnson - 01-13-2016

(01-13-2016, 11:52 AM)WhoDeySince81 Wrote: People do seem kinda touchy about giving the McCarron kid any love.

I praised AJM for doing a good job filling in for Dalton, that is what we want from a backup and there is the problem.. some hate to admit that Dalton has moved the needle even more this year as a QB and has put himself in the upper tier in the league as a QB and is the Bengals QB for a long time and some can;t come to grips with that.

So some people on here have decided to try to knock Dalton down by AJM performance since they can;t knock Dalton down by this own overall performance.

RE: How about AJ McCarron - Shake n Blake - 01-13-2016

(01-13-2016, 02:22 AM)Fresno B Wrote: From only about 4-5 of the same posters, yourself included. It's not rocket science. Whatever

Look. You have 620 posts. If you were a good poster, you'd have more than enough positive rep to make up for the "4-5" people who neg repped you. You should be sitting around 1000+. The fact that you're not even at 0 just shows what type of person/poster you are. Make good posts and stop insulting people. It'd do wonders for your rep and people will start taking you seriously.

(01-13-2016, 11:52 AM)WhoDeySince81 Wrote: People do seem kinda touchy about giving the McCarron kid any love.

Honestly, there's 2 sides to this. Otherwise there would be no debate. There's a handful of guys who want McCarron to get his shot as a starter. Then you have at least a few who think McCarron is on Dalton's level. The posters who view Dalton as the clear-cut starter coming off an MVP caliber season are put in a tough position. In order to explain why Dalton is definitely the starter, we wind up having to critique McCarron's game and explain why Dalton is better. Of course, any critique of McCarron is deemed "hate" by McCarron fans/Dalton bashers.

I actually think McCarron did a fine job this year. That said, with the year Dalton had, I'm surprised there's any debate at all about who is better. We should all be excited that we have an outstanding starting QB and a backup who can win games if the starter goes down.

(01-13-2016, 12:07 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I praised AJM for doing a good job filling in for Dalton, that is what we want from a backup and there is the problem.. some hate to admit that Dalton has moved the needle even more this year as a QB and has put himself in the upper tier in the league as a QB and is the Bengals QB for a long time and some can;t come to grips with that.

So some people on here have decided to try to knock Dalton down by AJM performance since they can;t knock Dalton down by his own overall performance.

[Image: Bingo-Memes-You-Nailed-it.jpg]

RE: How about AJ McCarron - PhilHos - 01-13-2016

(01-13-2016, 03:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Look. You have 620 posts. If you were a good poster, you'd have more than enough positive rep to make up for the "4-5" people who neg repped you. You should be sitting around 1000+. The fact that you're not even at 0 just shows what type of person/poster you are. Make good posts and stop insulting people. It'd do wonders for your rep and people will start taking you seriously.

Honestly, there's 2 sides to this. Otherwise there would be no debate. There's a handful of guys who want McCarron to get his shot as a starter. Then you have at least a few who think McCarron is on Dalton's level. The posters who view Dalton as the clear-cut starter coming off an MVP caliber season are put in a tough position. In order to explain why Dalton is definitely the starter, we wind up having to critique McCarron's game and explain why Dalton is better. Of course, any critique of McCarron is deemed "hate" by McCarron fans/Dalton bashers.

I actually think McCarron did a fine job this year. That said, with the year Dalton had, I'm surprised there's any debate at all about who is better. We should all be excited that we have an outstanding starting QB and a backup who can win games if the starter goes down.

You forget: we're only allowed to judge QBs based on postseason play.  Whatever

(01-13-2016, 03:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Honestly, there's 2 sides to this. Otherwise there would be no debate. There's a handful of guys who want McCarron to get his shot as a starter. Then you have at least a few who think McCarron is on Dalton's level. The posters who view Dalton as the clear-cut starter coming off an MVP caliber season are put in a tough position. In order to explain why Dalton is definitely the starter, we wind up having to critique McCarron's game and explain why Dalton is better. Of course, any critique of McCarron is deemed "hate" by McCarron fans/Dalton bashers.

REP.

Remember when we were accused of "hating" on the receivers if we did not give them credit for every good thing Dalton did.  This is just a new version of that same silly little game they play.

(01-13-2016, 03:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Remember when we were accused of "hating" on the receivers if we did not give them credit for every good thing Dalton did.  This is just a new version of that same silly little game they play.

Yep. If you criticized the weapons or even suggested they weren't top 5, you were "tearing down the team to prop up Andy". 

(01-13-2016, 03:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Look. You have 620 posts. If you were a good poster, you'd have more than enough positive rep to make up for the "4-5" people who neg repped you. You should be sitting around 1000+. The fact that you're not even at 0 just shows what type of person/poster you are. Make good posts and stop insulting people. It'd do wonders for your rep and people will start taking you seriously.
Look! A grown man ( I think and hope ) is bragging about internet rep points. I can almost guarantee that you are single and miserable. You and Fred spent too much time on the internet and should be doing something productive with your life instead of posting on this forum 365/24/7. Get a life.

(01-13-2016, 04:03 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I think your mom is good.

You are not going to argue with that are you?

Your mouth is good. So is the back of your throat. Let's meet up again. Hilarious