Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bengals-Steelers game sets arrest record - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Rival Talk (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Rival-Talk)
+--- Thread: Bengals-Steelers game sets arrest record (/Thread-Bengals-Steelers-game-sets-arrest-record)

Pages: 1 2

Bengals-Steelers game sets arrest record - Vambo - 01-11-2016

Bengals-Steelers game sets arrest record

Emotions ran high on the field and in the stands during the Cincinnati Bengals and Pittsburgh Steelers Wild-Card game Saturday night, leading to at least six fan arrests by the game's end.

The rivalry between the two teams reached a boiling point in Saturday's game that concluded the Bengals' playoff dreams with a 18-16 loss. That tension extended to some fans who chose to take out frustrations with punches, headbutts, and one man even urinated on another inside Paul Brown Stadium, according to police. In total, three Bengals fans and three Steelers fans were arrested.

More arrests were made during Saturday's game than during typical home Bengals games, said Cincinnati Police Captain Mike Neville.

"This was an anomaly compared to what we’ve seen in the past," Neville said, adding that a typical Bengals game sees two or three arrests, usually for disorderly conduct. "We know that certain games would bring intensity into the stadium and we prepare for that."
More officers were assigned to patrol Downtown and the stadium in the hours before, during and after the game, he said. Police expected increased activity due to the heated rivalry between the two teams and the significant number of out-of-town visitors.
There were other disorderly conduct arrests made Downtown between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. but no felonies or critical incidents occurred that were linked back to the football game, Neville said.
"We know that we were going to have tens of thousands of people floating around Downtown that night so we prepared for that too," Neville said, adding that some officers worked overtime in the hours after the game.
"We don't go home just because the game is over. We had the incidents in the stadium. We had minimal incidents outside throughout the night, so we feel comfortable with saying that that was a success."
Four people have been arrested by Cincinnati police for incidents inside and surrounding Paul Brown Stadium during Bengals-Steelers games since 2010, according to police data. Two of those arrests were for disorderly conduct during a November 2010 game.
A man was arrested in Dec. 2014 on charges of assaulting an officer and resisting arrest, according Cincinnati police. A woman was arrested at the same game on charges of criminal trespass and resisting arrest.

The first altercation Saturday occurred in a line to get inside the stadium around 8 p.m.,  just before kickoff. Police said it began when Jared McCarty, 19, of Reading, argued with a woman about cutting in line at an entrance gate and stole her Bengals hat.

McCarty, who wore a Bengals jersey, threw the hat away, police said, and the two groups separated only to run into each other again at their seats inside the stadium. The argument resumed in the stands and McCarty allegedly punched the woman in the head, causing her to fall to the ground, according to court documents.
Police discovered a fake identification card on McCarty upon his arrest. The teen admitted to drinking alcohol, police said.
McCarty is accused of falsification, underage drinking, theft, and assault. He was arraigned Monday and released on a $3,000 bond. The court also ordered him to stay away from and have no contact with the woman he's accused of assaulting, according to court documents.

A Steelers fan who traveled from Westville, Indiana, is accused of punching a woman in the face as he exited Paul Brown Stadium around 10 p.m. Tyler Matthys wore a Steelers jersey when police arrested him and accused him of the assault. His court date is not yet scheduled. Shocked

Martin Cooke, 33, of Germantown, Kentucky, was arrested after police said he urinated on the person in front of him in Paul Brown Stadium. Cooke, who wore a Bengals hoodie, is accused of fighting with the man and punching him in the face, court documents state. He is facing disorderly conduct and assault charges. Cooke was arraigned Monday and released on a $2,000 bond, according to court documents. Shocked

Police said David Grillo, 25, of Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania, walked up an aisle in the stadium and threw a beer at a fan during the game. Grillo was wearing a black jersey at the time, police said, and his Facebook page indicates he is a Steelers fan. The beer hit the fan in the face and caused lacerations, police said. Grillo is accused of assault. His court date is not yet scheduled.

A Cheviot man who wore a black shirt to the game, is accused of head-butting a man in the face. Phillip Ross, 29, was arrested at Paul Brown Stadium and is accused of assault. His Facebook page suggests Ross is a Bengals fan.

Andrew Robles, 28, of Allentown, Pennsylvania, was being ejected from the game for an unknown reason when, police said, he escaped officers and punched a woman in the face. Robles, who wore a Steelers jersey, is accused of assault. He was arraigned Monday and released on a $10,000 bond. The court also ordered him to stay away from and have no contact with the woman he's accused of assaulting, according to court documents.

Link

RE: Bengals-Steelers game sets arrest record - mroudfly - 01-11-2016

Sad really. I know there are passionate fans (on both the Bengals and the Steelers), but physical assault on each other is just flat out stupid by both sides. They should've just settled their dispute on the smack talk forum ThumbsUp

What I hate seeing, and I'm shocked that I still do, is people calling out the "types of fans" that each NFL team has. I would hope by now that everyone knows that every team has "hillbilly" or "white trash" fans, and every team also has super wealthy billionaire fans. Each team has that range or spectrum, so when I hear someone talking shit about the "types of fans" of an organization, its just hard to understand how they know that and where they are coming from!

RE: Bengals-Steelers game sets arrest record - Gwillednt - 01-11-2016

(01-11-2016, 08:55 PM)mroudfly Wrote: Sad really. I know there are passionate fans (on both the Bengals and the Steelers), but physical assault on each other is just flat out stupid by both sides. They should've just settled their dispute on the smack talk forum ThumbsUp

What I hate seeing, and I'm shocked that I still do, is people calling out the "types of fans" that each NFL team has. I would hope by now that everyone knows that every team has "hillbilly" or "white trash" fans, and every team also has super wealthy billionaire fans. Each team has that range or spectrum, so when I hear someone talking shit about the "types of fans" of an organization, its just hard to understand how they know that and where they are coming from!

Except Philly fans. Those are scum. *cough*

RE: Bengals-Steelers game sets arrest record - Vambo - 01-11-2016

(01-11-2016, 08:55 PM)mroudfly Wrote: What I hate seeing, and I'm shocked that I still do, is people calling out the "types of fans" that each NFL team has.

Smack Talk

Talk smack about other teams and their fans. *While the board rules still apply to this section, they are a bit more lenient, because the whole purpose is talking trash. If you get easily angered or offended...you should probably avoid!*

ThumbsUp Link

RE: Bengals-Steelers game sets arrest record - SunsetBengal - 01-11-2016

Pshaw, check out the videos of Veteran's Stadium.  They have their own jail, in the bowels of the stadium...

(01-11-2016, 09:26 PM)Vambo Wrote: Smack Talk

Talk smack about other teams and their fans. *While the board rules still apply to this section, they are a bit more lenient, because the whole purpose is talking trash. If you get easily angered or offended...you should probably avoid!*

ThumbsUp Link
Haha okay touché. I prefer to talk trash about the sports teams themselves! OTHER TEAMS FANS SUCK! Better now? Rock On

(01-11-2016, 09:51 PM)mroudfly Wrote: Haha okay touché. I prefer to talk trash about the sports teams themselves! OTHER TEAMS FANS SUCK! Better now? Rock On

Bengals fans cheer Roethlisberger injury, pelt him with trash

Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger, before he led one of the most improbable game-winning drives of his career, was injured after getting sacked early in the fourth quarter of Pittsburgh’s 18-16 win over the Cincinnati Bengals in the AFC Wild Card playoff game on Saturday.

As the Pro Bowl quarterback was carted off the field to receive an x-ray in the locker room, angry Bengals fans took their frustrations to disturbing levels, as they cheered his exit and threw beer cans and bottles at him as he exited the field.  According to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, the Bengals screen operator showed Roethlisberger’s exit on the scoreboard, eliciting more cheers from the crowd. Sad

RE: Bengals-Steelers game sets arrest record - Gwillednt - 01-11-2016

(01-11-2016, 10:09 PM)mroudfly Wrote: I was cheering for his injury too. That piece of shit should be in jail for 30+ years. As someone who spends a good amount of the year in Greensboro, GA - right next to where his rape occurred. You can start all you want that the charges were dropped, but the cops who were supposed to question everyone instead just called the girl a "c*nt" and didn't follow due diligence protocols. Hence they were fired the next week. The young girl also received a payment from sources tied to Ben. If it looks like shit, smells like shit, its probably a piece of shit. Defend him all you want, but he is a rapist. And if given the chance you better believe I would throw a beer bottle at his face. Nothing compared to the 30 years he got out of. You say its classless fans, I say its a criminal football player. But keep cheering for him! He's a saint!

Nice that you are judge, jury, and executioner. Tell me more about how you have all the facts and are telepathic, and then explain what you're doing on a Bengals message board.

Seriously, this isn't like OJ simpson where there was a mountain of evidence. Is Ben a sleaze? Or was he? Probably, but is he a rapist? Pretty big word to throw around considering you've no proof. As for "she got money" you do know that people with money will pay people even when they did not do anything to make stuff like this go away?

You say it's exercising your judgement, I say it's a person who flagrantly disregards one of the main points of the Bill of Rights and believes he's superior to it.

(01-11-2016, 10:09 PM)mroudfly Wrote: You say its classless fans,

That's the way Sam Wyche would see it. ThumbsUp

(01-11-2016, 10:19 PM)Gwillednt Wrote: Nice that you are judge, jury, and executioner. Tell me more about how you have all the facts and are telepathic, and then explain what you're doing on a Bengals message board.

Seriously, this isn't like OJ simpson where there was a mountain of evidence. Is Ben a sleaze? Or was he? Probably, but is he a rapist? Pretty big word to throw around considering you've no proof. As for "she got money" you do know that people with money will pay people even when they did not do anything to make stuff like this go away?

You say it's exercising your judgement, I say it's a person who flagrantly disregards one of the main points of the Bill of Rights and believes he's superior to it.

How would there be any proof when the cops didn't do anything about it? And no, I'm not telepathic. I'm just going off of what I've heard locally from the people who live in the area. Not from random people just spatting.

RE: Bengals-Steelers game sets arrest record - Vlad - 01-11-2016

(01-11-2016, 10:09 PM)mroudfly Wrote: I was cheering for his injury too. That piece of shit should be in jail for 30+ years. As someone who spends a good amount of the year in Greensboro, GA - right next to where his rape occurred. You can start all you want that the charges were dropped, but the cops who were supposed to question everyone instead just called the girl a "c*nt" and didn't follow due diligence protocols. Hence they were fired the next week. The young girl also received a payment from sources tied to Ben. If it looks like shit, smells like shit, its probably a piece of shit. Defend him all you want, but he is a rapist. And if given the chance you better believe I would throw a beer bottle at his face. Nothing compared to the 30 years he got out of. You say its classless fans, I say its a criminal football player. But keep cheering for him! He's a saint!

Great, another display of bengal fan fake outrage over an "innocent" woman that got "raped". LOL

If Ben wasn't a QB on a Pittsburgh Steelers team that ***** slaps your precious bengals every year you wouldn't give a flying ****.

(01-11-2016, 10:31 PM)Vlad Wrote: Great, another display of bengal fan fake outrage over an "innocent" woman that got "raped". LOL

If Ben wasn't a QB on a Pittsburgh Steelers team that ***** slaps your precious bengals every year you wouldn't give a flying ****.

No, I have someone in my family who was sexually assaulted in college, so you better believe it hits home you stupid shit. I would trade all the bengals wins for years for that to not happen to someone close to me.

RE: Bengals-Steelers game sets arrest record - StoneTheCrow - 01-11-2016

Walking out, I was very surprised at how calm it was. It was almost silent. I saw nothing wrong from yellow or orange. Wrong being relative, of course. I saw several products of inbreeding. They love lambert jerseys, I must say. I'm not even joking/talking smack. It was a common denominator, that Lambert jersey.

RE: Bengals-Steelers game sets arrest record - Rotobeast - 01-11-2016

(01-11-2016, 10:50 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Walking out, I was very surprised at how calm it was. It was almost silent. I saw nothing wrong from yellow or orange. Wrong being relative, of course. I saw several products of inbreeding. They love lambert jerseys, I must say. I'm not even joking/talking smack. It was a common denominator, that Lambert jersey.

In my experience, it is also common that they have wet themselves.

I should really start taking advantage of the camera on my phone, to document this.

RE: Bengals-Steelers game sets arrest record - StoneTheCrow - 01-12-2016

(01-11-2016, 11:59 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: In my experience, it is also common that they have wet themselves.

I should really start taking advantage of the camera on my phone, to document this.

I should've. I'm serious when I say it. I totally forgot lambert existed until the sore thumbs in his jersey stuck out the other night. 

RE: Bengals-Steelers game sets arrest record - Interceptor - 01-12-2016

(01-11-2016, 10:02 PM)Vambo Wrote: Bengals fans cheer Roethlisberger injury, pelt him with trash

Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger, before he led one of the most improbable game-winning drives of his career, was injured after getting sacked early in the fourth quarter of Pittsburgh’s 18-16 win over the Cincinnati Bengals in the AFC Wild Card playoff game on Saturday.

As the Pro Bowl quarterback was carted off the field to receive an x-ray in the locker room, angry Bengals fans took their frustrations to disturbing levels, as they cheered his exit and threw beer cans and bottles at him as he exited the field.  According to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, the Bengals screen operator showed Roethlisberger’s exit on the scoreboard, eliciting more cheers from the crowd. Sad

Roethlisberger was the wrong guy to pelt with trash. The one you really want to pelt are the refs. Win or lose, I expected a fair-called game. It was not. 

RE: Bengals-Steelers game sets arrest record - StoneTheCrow - 01-12-2016

(01-12-2016, 12:21 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Roethlisberger was the wrong guy to pelt with trash. The one you really want to pelt are the refs. Win or lose, I expected a fair-called game. It was not. 

Yep. Never fight trash with trash. 

RE: Bengals-Steelers game sets arrest record - rfaulk34 - 01-12-2016

(01-11-2016, 10:31 PM)Vlad Wrote: Great, another display of bengal fan fake outrage over an "innocent" woman that got "raped". LOL

What the hell are you orally flatulating about? Ben has a decent game against the Bengals about once every half decade.

RE: Bengals-Steelers game sets arrest record - rfaulk34 - 01-12-2016

(01-11-2016, 10:50 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Walking out, I was very surprised at how calm it was. It was almost silent. I saw nothing wrong from yellow or orange. Wrong being relative, of course. I saw several products of inbreeding. They love lambert jerseys, I must say. I'm not even joking/talking smack. It was a common denominator, that Lambert jersey.

Because Jack Lambert was supposedly tough, and Steelers fans are supposedly tough too...because he played for their team.  Mellow

RE: Bengals-Steelers game sets arrest record - michaelsean - 01-12-2016

Night games on a Saturday night? It's stupid. Then add in the bad blood. This should have been a 1 PM game.