Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Peyton Manning to announce retirement Monday - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Around the NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Around-the-NFL)
+--- Thread: Peyton Manning to announce retirement Monday (/Thread-Peyton-Manning-to-announce-retirement-Monday)

Peyton Manning to announce retirement Monday - QueenCitySouth - 03-06-2016

#18 will announce his retirement at a 1:00PM Eastern press conference Monday.

Breaking news from NFL.com

RE: Peyton Manning to announce retirement Monday - Awful Llama - 03-06-2016

Good to hear. It's sad when they want to hang on longer than they should, and you get a Joe Namath/LA Rams kind of situation.

RE: Peyton Manning to announce retirement Monday - fredtoast - 03-07-2016

(03-06-2016, 10:12 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Good to hear.  It's sad when they want to hang on longer than they should, and you get a Joe Namath/LA Rams kind of situation.

When players get old I don't blame them for playing as long as they can.  There is nothing they will ever do that will be as big of a thrill as playing professional sports. If I was them I would not care what the fans felt about my "legacy".  I would play as long as I could make a team even as a back up.

But Manning is not just old.  He is beaten up.  He has had multiple operations on his neck.  There is no way he should risk further injury.

RE: Peyton Manning to announce retirement Monday - fredtoast - 03-07-2016

Manning just thanked me in his retirement speech.

Suck on that, losers.

RE: Peyton Manning to announce retirement Monday - michaelsean - 03-07-2016

I wonder how much money the networks are throwing at him right about now. Studio or game color guy?

RE: Peyton Manning to announce retirement Monday - michaelsean - 03-07-2016

(03-07-2016, 10:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: When players get old I don't blame them for playing as long as they can.  There is nothing they will ever do that will be as big of a thrill as playing professional sports. If I was them I would not care what the fans felt about my "legacy".  I would play as long as I could make a team even as a back up.

But Manning is not just old.  He is beaten up.  He has had multiple operations on his neck.  There is no way he should risk further injury.

I read a column by a guy who described him getting out of his equipmen after a game.  Took more than half an hour for him to do so.  

RE: Peyton Manning to announce retirement Monday - GodFather - 03-07-2016

(03-07-2016, 03:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Manning just thanked me in his retirement speech.

Suck on that, losers.

Oh the tea bagging controversy in college part of the speech? Ninja

RE: Peyton Manning to announce retirement Monday - StLucieBengal - 03-07-2016

Great career. Good guy.

RE: Peyton Manning to announce retirement Monday - coltsfan4ever - 03-08-2016

Farewell to a great QB and a legendary Colt. Peyton will always be a Colt to me. He'll be missed in the NFL.

That was a great retirement speech. Was funny and touching at the same time. ThumbsUp

RE: Peyton Manning to announce retirement Monday - michaelsean - 03-08-2016

(03-08-2016, 12:25 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Farewell to a great QB and a legendary Colt. Peyton will always be a Colt to me. He'll be missed in the NFL.

That was a great retirement speech. Was funny and touching at the same time. ThumbsUp

Oh yeah I forgot he got his start in Indy.

RE: Peyton Manning to announce retirement Monday - fredtoast - 03-08-2016

(03-07-2016, 04:44 PM)GodFather Wrote: Oh the tea bagging controversy in college part of the speech? Ninja

Yes.  The personally thanked all Vol fans for completely ignoring that.