Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
They say 'money can't buy happiness' ... - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Klotsch (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Klotsch)
+--- Thread: They say 'money can't buy happiness' ... (/Thread-They-say-money-can-t-buy-happiness)

They say 'money can't buy happiness' ... - Devils Advocate - 03-13-2016

... but what money can't buy is readily available in abundance for free.

So I'll take the money.

RE: They say 'money can't buy happiness' ... - StLucieBengal - 03-13-2016

Dollar, dollar bill y'all

RE: They say 'money can't buy happiness' ... - Storer50 - 03-13-2016

Money can't buy happiness? Give me 20 bucks and watch me smile.

RE: They say 'money can't buy happiness' ... - Awful Llama - 03-14-2016

(03-13-2016, 06:29 PM)Storer50 Wrote: Money can't buy happiness? Give me 20 bucks and watch me smile.

Exactly. Like the wise man said, it can't buy it, but it can sure rent it.

RE: They say 'money can't buy happiness' ... - BengalHawk62 - 03-15-2016

Maybe not, but money can buy me a boat.  And a boat makes me happy. 

RE: They say 'money can't buy happiness' ... - nevergonnachange - 03-15-2016

Isn't there a saying, "money can't buy happiness but it sure can rent it?"

RE: They say 'money can't buy happiness' ... - Devils Advocate - 03-15-2016

The point being that happiness and money are unrelated and that lil quip is, I don't know ... an oxymoron?

Either way, it doesn't really make sense to say 'money can't buy happiness'. Because happiness (is a warm gun) ... no, happiness and all it encompasses is readily available for free, relatively speaking.

I can't quite wrap my head around why it's such a common thing to say because it doesn't make any sense to me. I mean, I get it, but I don't.

RE: They say 'money can't buy happiness' ... - StLucieBengal - 03-16-2016

(03-15-2016, 10:30 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: The point being that happiness and money are unrelated and that lil quip is, I don't know ... an oxymoron?

Either way, it doesn't really make sense to say 'money can't buy happiness'. Because happiness (is a warm gun) ... no, happiness and all it encompasses is readily available for free, relatively speaking.

I can't quite wrap my head around why it's such a common thing to say because it doesn't make any sense to me. I mean, I get it, but I don't.

When you don't have money your thoughts are focused on what you need and to make sure you are meeting those needs for yourself and/or family. When you have money you have freed up your mind as well. Most of the time the thoughts of everyday. Needs and responsibilities are a vacation. When They are gone you have more time to think about everything then think some more. Without the distraction you focus on why you are or aren't happy then analyze over and over.

RE: They say 'money can't buy happiness' ... - mallorian69 - 03-16-2016

Money might not be able to buy happiness, but it can buy hookers and cocaine which is the same thing.

RE: They say 'money can't buy happiness' ... - BigPapaKain - 03-16-2016

Money can buy a wave runner.

Have you ever seen anyone frown on a wave runner?

RE: They say 'money can't buy happiness' ... - fredtoast - 03-16-2016

(03-15-2016, 10:30 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: The point being that happiness and money are unrelated and that lil quip is, I don't know ... an oxymoron?

You are overthinking it.

If your mom died would a wave runner make you happy.

If the woman you loved left you for another man would a million dollars make you happy.

RE: They say 'money can't buy happiness' ... - BengalHawk62 - 03-16-2016

Its just a saying the "upper class" tells the lower class people so they don't have to share the wealth.  Its like in South Park, Nothing to see, nothing to see here.  Move a long now. 

RE: They say 'money can't buy happiness' ... - magikod - 03-18-2016

can't buy me loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee

RE: They say 'money can't buy happiness' ... - fredtoast - 03-18-2016

(03-18-2016, 04:20 PM)magikod Wrote: can't buy me loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee

everybody tells me so.

RE: They say 'money can't buy happiness' ... - magikod - 03-18-2016

(03-18-2016, 04:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: everybody tells me so.

just depends what street you look down  LMAO

RE: They say 'money can't buy happiness' ... - Tiger Teeth - 03-18-2016

Or Oxycontin?  That'll make you happy for a little while.

RE: They say 'money can't buy happiness' ... - Sabretooth - 03-19-2016

" They" say a lot of meaningless wrong drivel.
Don't depend on the ill informed or unintelligent.

RE: They say 'money can't buy happiness' ... - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 03-20-2016

I also like the one "more money, more problems"

But it seems that usually when I have more money, I can take care of problems easier.

It's all so confusing. Gaah

RE: They say 'money can't buy happiness' ... - Bengalzona - 03-20-2016

(03-14-2016, 09:36 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Exactly.  Like the wise man said, it can't buy it, but it can sure rent it.

From Weird Al Yankovic: "So if money can't buy happiness, I guess I'll have to rent it."