Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
I'm just not excited.... - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: I'm just not excited.... (/Thread-I-m-just-not-excited)

Pages: 1 2 3

I'm just not excited.... - Lawless_1 - 03-30-2016

Free agency has really let the wind out of my sails this year. We have lost our #2 and #3 WR and signed nobody to replace them. Right now our #2 is a guy people don't even want as the kick returner........ who we actually did re-sign. We appear to have finally signed our first outside free agent and just like 3 of the last 4 years it is an over the hill linebacker! Woohoo!! The past few seasons i've looked forward to the second year guys showing promise because Marvin didn't play them as rookies..... this season though we have to pray last year's #1 pick plays good because we let the starter at his position walk as well. Now we are stuck with another late pick in the draft so we likely won't see much impact from any rookies this year.

4 straight playoff appearances was nice.

RE: I'm just not excited.... - NATI BENGALS - 03-30-2016

We have two first and two second round picks who should be able to keep our offense running.

Yea I liked MLJ and Sanu. But AJ Green, Tyler Eiftert, Gio Bernard, and Jeremy Hill are very capable of carrying this offense.

RE: I'm just not excited.... - Nately120 - 03-30-2016

(03-30-2016, 12:27 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: 4 straight playoff appearances was nice.

I can't tell if you are being optimistic or pessimistic by failing to remember that we have 5-straight one-n-done's and not 4.

RE: I'm just not excited.... - BURROWorBUST - 03-30-2016

Well, when you put it that way . . . I can see your point, but I see more room for optimism 1) that we'll get the Lafell deal done and 2) that we'll draft one if not two guys that could develop into better than just decent WRs well before season's end. Of course, I've been disappointed before. :>/

RE: I'm just not excited.... - CJD - 03-30-2016

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000648397/article/jets-receivers-patriots-tight-ends-among-top-passcatching-duos

And yet we still have one of the top 5 receiving tandems in the NFL.

RE: I'm just not excited.... - Au165 - 03-30-2016

I am happy MJ and Sanu left. If Treadwell falls to us after his 40, we could have the best 1/2 WR group in the NFL......Treadwell is that good (the tape doesn't lie).

RE: I'm just not excited.... - WeezyBengal - 03-30-2016

For the life of me I cant see why people were so high on Sanu. Guy was just not that great and is easily replaceable via free agency.

Jones is another issue, but I dont think its a deal breaker in the least. Someone is just going to have to step up, either through the draft or FA, thats all.

RE: I'm just not excited.... - BonnieBengal - 03-30-2016

(03-30-2016, 12:27 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Free agency has really let the wind out of my sails this year. We have lost our #2 and #3 WR and signed nobody to replace them. Right now our #2 is a guy people don't even want as the kick returner........ who we actually did re-sign. We appear to have finally signed our first outside free agent and just like 3 of the last 4 years it is an over the hill linebacker! Woohoo!! The past few seasons i've looked forward to the second year guys showing promise because Marvin didn't play them as rookies..... this season though we have to pray last year's #1 pick plays good because we let the starter at his position walk as well. Now we are stuck with another late pick in the draft so we likely won't see much impact from any rookies this year.

LaFell is still an option, isn't he?  Plus they will draft two receivers.

RE: I'm just not excited.... - Okeana - 03-30-2016

(03-30-2016, 12:27 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Free agency has really let the wind out of my sails this year. We have lost our #2 and #3 WR and signed nobody to replace them. Right now our #2 is a guy people don't even want as the kick returner........ who we actually did re-sign. We appear to have finally signed our first outside free agent and just like 3 of the last 4 years it is an over the hill linebacker! Woohoo!! The past few seasons i've looked forward to the second year guys showing promise because Marvin didn't play them as rookies..... this season though we have to pray last year's #1 pick plays good because we let the starter at his position walk as well. Now we are stuck with another late pick in the draft so we likely won't see much impact from any rookies this year.

This is the most self loathing melodramatic post ive seen in awhile.  Marvin Jones and Sanu weren't even really that good were not talking about world beaters.  Calling Dansby an over the hill linebacker just goes to show that you don't actually watch football because the guy had a great season playing for a shitty team last year.  The guy is one of the best coverage linebackers in the nfl and putting him across from burfict makes this team better.  You're simply just pouting because things didn't go your way and now its the whole doom and gloom speech.

RE: I'm just not excited.... - XenoMorph - 03-30-2016

some rookies get to start just depends on the rookie and depth in front of them.

REally our top 3 catchers right now would be green eifert and gio which isnt too bad.

we do need some more WRs but the draft and free agency arent over yet.

Dont get down until september when you see the final roster.

RE: I'm just not excited.... - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-30-2016

(03-30-2016, 09:14 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: For the life of me I cant see why people were so high on Sanu. Guy was just not that great and is easily replaceable via free agency.

Jones is another issue, but I dont think its a deal breaker in the least. Someone is just going to have to step up, either through the draft or FA, thats all.

Me either....the Falcons REALLY reached there.

RE: I'm just not excited.... - yellowxdiscipline - 03-30-2016

(03-30-2016, 10:05 AM)Wyche Wrote: Me either....the Falcons REALLY reached there.

I like Sanu, good character, plays hard, but he got overpaid to be a number two guy who has a history of drops.

RE: I'm just not excited.... - muskiesfan - 03-30-2016

I was a big fan of Sanu. I don't know why, but I really liked the guy. With that said, if the Bengals do sign LaFell, he is a better wide receiver than Sanu. Sanu was more athletic and versatile, but I think LaFell is an upgrade as a WR.

I liked Marvin Jones a lot as well, but I think people get blinded by his good playoff performance and that one huge 4 TD game. Jones is a good WR, but not irreplaceable. With Green and Eifert as the 1-2, I think the team will be okay. Add in Gio and a (hopefully) returned to form Hill and the offense will be okay.

RE: I'm just not excited.... - ItsOdellThurman - 03-30-2016

Shut up.

Given what COULD'VE BEEN, losing 6 or 7 starters...we might come out of this only losing 2. If that also includes adding Dansby and LaFell, it's a GREAT off-season.

This is the NFL. You can't keep everyone. You have to bank on being able to draft, develop, plug and play. Things just happened to come to a head with players this year. We've mitigated it nicely, IMO.

RE: I'm just not excited.... - ochocincos - 03-30-2016

(03-30-2016, 09:12 AM)Au165 Wrote: I am happy MJ and Sanu left. If Treadwell falls to us after his 40, we could have the best 1/2 WR group in the NFL......Treadwell is that good (the tape doesn't lie).

Treadwell is being compared to Dez Bryant and Alshon Jeffery. To have a player like that, it would be as good or better than when Jeffery and Marshall were on the same team. Add in LaFell and this could be top 3 receiving corps in the NFL.

RE: I'm just not excited.... - TheLeonardLeap - 03-30-2016

(03-30-2016, 09:14 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: 1. For the life of me I cant see why people were so high on Sanu. Guy was just not that great and is 2. easily replaceable via free agency.

1. Said this for years.

2. That said, a player is only easily replaceable in free agency if you actually participate in free agency.

If/when the deals for Dansby and LaFell are finalized, I see this as a big offseason win for the Bengals. Nearly every single position would just need a backup/future starter pick. There would still be a gap at WR, but a first or second round WR would fill that spot fine.

RE: I'm just not excited.... - Lawless_1 - 03-30-2016

No matter how overrated anyone thinks Sanu is he is light-years better than Tate who now becomes our #2 WR. So now Dalton has Less weapons and a weaker line with an aging LT and an inexperienced RT. Dansby is 34 so yes he is aging. Sure he had a lot of tackles for the Browns but he should have...... they didn't have much talent around him.

(03-30-2016, 11:45 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: No matter how overrated anyone thinks Sanu is he is light-years better than Tate who now becomes our #2 WR. So now Dalton has Less weapons and a weaker line with an aging LT and an inexperienced RT.  Dansby is 34 so yes he is aging. Sure he had a lot of tackles for the Browns but he should have...... they didn't have much talent around him.

He had more than just tackles. 6 PDs, 3 INT, 2 FF on top of 108 combined tackles. Better than either VRey or Maualuga, actually had more than both VRey and Maualuga combined in some stats. Dansby is a win-now short-term solution and the Bengals can draft a LB next year to groom.

RE: I'm just not excited.... - BobJones4980 - 03-30-2016

(03-30-2016, 11:45 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: No matter how overrated anyone thinks Sanu is he is light-years better than Tate who now becomes our #2 WR. So now Dalton has Less weapons and a weaker line with an aging LT and an inexperienced RT. Dansby is 34 so yes he is aging. Sure he had a lot of tackles for the Browns but he should have...... they didn't have much talent around him.

Because the offseason is over and the depth chart is set in stone.

Linked to Lafell and will likely draft atleast 1 WR maybe 2. Screaming about how Tate is our #2 before free agency is over and the draft not even starting is just stupid.