Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Which Prison should a transgender be sentenced? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Which Prison should a transgender be sentenced? (/Thread-Which-Prison-should-a-transgender-be-sentenced)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Which Prison should a transgender be sentenced? - bfine32 - 04-07-2016

The recent talk about using whichever facility that you feel like using has got me to thinking if a PRE OP Transgender is sentenced to Prison should they be sentenced to the Prison that fits their biological sex or their emotional gender?

Also if anybody has any input as far as current regulations, that would be helpful. I did a quick search and found nothing current of the subject.

RE: Which Prison should a transgender be sentenced? - fredtoast - 04-07-2016

They should be sent to the prison that matches the sex they identify with.

RE: Which Prison should a transgender be sentenced? - SteelCitySouth - 04-07-2016

Can we get some updates to the choices. I mean pre and post op to me changes my answer.

RE: Which Prison should a transgender be sentenced? - GMDino - 04-07-2016

(04-07-2016, 03:32 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Can we get some updates to the choices.  I mean pre and post op to me changes my answer.

I'd agree with this.

If a man has already gone under the knife I'd think they have to go with the female prison (in this example). And the same with a woman who is post op going to the men's.

It would be a very tough call.

A man who identifies as a woman would be in all kinds of trouble in a male population, I'd think.

RE: Which Prison should a transgender be sentenced? - bfine32 - 04-07-2016

(04-07-2016, 03:32 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Can we get some updates to the choices. I mean pre and post op to me changes my answer.

They still have their birth parts.

RE: Which Prison should a transgender be sentenced? - Vas Deferens - 04-07-2016

(04-07-2016, 03:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They still have their birth parts.

So thats a 'no' to the update.  Got it.

RE: Which Prison should a transgender be sentenced? - Belsnickel - 04-07-2016

I'm not certain of the rules regarding where they will be housed. I do, however, know that there have been several recent lawsuits that have caused policies in correctional systems to shift in such a way that denying counseling, HRT, and even surgery for someone diagnosed with gender dysphoria is considered to be unconstitutional as these things are considered medically necessary.

If we are going to be treating GD in such a way then a trans woman should be in a female facility or a trans man in a male facility.

(04-07-2016, 03:43 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: So thats a 'no' to the update.  Got it.

What exactly do you want updated? To my knowledge you cannot update a pool, so I made the 2 choices provided less ambiguous.

Care to give your answer?

RE: Which Prison should a transgender be sentenced? - SteelCitySouth - 04-07-2016

(04-07-2016, 03:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They still have their birth parts.

Post op do not.

(04-07-2016, 03:52 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Post op do not.

I suppose an apology is in order. When I replied "They still have their Birth parts", I assumed that made it clear I was talking pre Op. I am sorry I was not clearer.

(04-07-2016, 03:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose an apology is in order. When I replied "They still have their Birth parts", I assumed that made it clear I was talking pre Op. I am sorry I was not clearer.

No worries.  My post included both (pre and post) and being the post op don't have their birth parts that was why I was looking for an update to the options.

(04-07-2016, 03:32 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Can we get some updates to the choices.  I mean pre and post op to me changes my answer.

(04-07-2016, 04:07 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: No worries.  My post included both (pre and post) and being the post op don't have their birth parts that was why I was looking for an update to the options.

I edited the OP to hopefully better define the answer and get some straight answers. I do think Fred and Matt have given straight answers.

As to me I went with Biological (I know know you over with a feather). One thing that pushes me in this direction is someone like Caitlyn Jenner. She identifies as a woman, but is attracted to and enjoys having sex with women.

RE: Which Prison should a transgender be sentenced? - michaelsean - 04-07-2016

You go to your sex.

(04-07-2016, 04:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I edited the OP to hopefully better define the answer and get some straight answers. I do think Fred and Matt have given straight answers.

As to me I went with Biological (I know know you over with a feather). One thing that pushes me in this direction is someone like Caitlyn Jenner. She identifies as a woman, but is attracted to and enjoys having sex with women.

Post op off the table... Nervous bad joke i guess...so shoot me.  I would go with Biological.  However once the bits and pieces are rearranged I would go with the other. 

(04-07-2016, 04:18 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Post op off the table... Nervous bad joke i guess...so shoot me.  I would go with Biological.  However once the bits and pieces are rearranged I would go with the other. 

I suppose that could make the choices clearer or cloudier. If a male has the woman Operation is she now bilogically a female?

RE: Which Prison should a transgender be sentenced? - Vas Deferens - 04-07-2016

(04-07-2016, 04:18 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Post op off the table... Nervous bad joke i guess...so shoot me.  I would go with Biological.  However once the bits and pieces are rearranged I would go with the other. 

I'll go in this direction as well, but with the caveat that it's the bits and pieces in place at the time of the offense.  Meaning one couldn't have gender reassignment surgery in an effort to avoid going to male penitentiary.  (I highly doubt any female would 'fake' this and be reassigned in order to go to a male prison) 

RE: Which Prison should a transgender be sentenced? - michaelsean - 04-07-2016

(04-07-2016, 04:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose that could make the choices clearer or cloudier. If a male has the woman Operation is she now bilogically a female?

Not really.  I'm not saying that  a post op person shouldn't go to the prison of the sex they have become, but external changes don't really mean you are a different sex.

RE: Which Prison should a transgender be sentenced? - fredtoast - 04-07-2016

(04-07-2016, 04:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  One thing that pushes me in this direction is someone like Caitlyn Jenner. She identifies as a woman, but is attracted to and enjoys having sex with women.

I don't understand.

Are you saying homosexual men should be sent to women's prisons?

(04-07-2016, 04:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose that could make the choices clearer or cloudier. If a male has the woman Operation is she now bilogically a female?

It really doesn't matter to me.  My answer is that if the bits and pieces are rearranged they should go to that gender.

(04-07-2016, 04:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't understand.

Are you saying homosexual men should be sent to women's prisons?

I do not, but their are those that do. You go to the facility that fits your biological make up.

From your given answer early. This is one of the few things we agree on.