Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
HRC and UFOs - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: HRC and UFOs (/Thread-HRC-and-UFOs)

Pages: 1 2

HRC and UFOs - BengalHawk62 - 04-08-2016

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/07/politics/john-podesta-hillary-clinton-ufo/index.html

Washington (CNN)There has long been an air of conspiracy surrounding theories of alien life, and the head of Hillary Clinton's campaign said Thursday it's time to do away with the secrecy.

CNN's Jake Tapper pulled aside Clinton campaign chair John Podesta, who was a guest on "The Lead," to talk aliens.

"The U.S. government could do a much better job in answering the quite legitimate questions that people have about what's going on with unidentified aerial phenomena," Podesta said.
Podesta has made his interest in the possibility of alien life and conspiratorial leanings toward Area 51 well known. During his time serving in the Obama administration, Podesta tweeted, "Finally, my biggest failure of 2014: Once again not securing the #disclosure of the UFO files. #thetruthisstilloutthere cc: @NYTimesDowd."

Clinton herself pledged in January to "get to the bottom" of whether rumors of U.S. contact with extraterrestrial life were true.

In regard to Area 51, Podesta echoed Clinton's call, saying, "What I've talked to the secretary about, and what she's said now in public, is that if she's elected president, when she gets into office, she'll ask for as many records as the United States federal government has to be declassified, and I think that's a commitment that she intends to keep and that I intend to hold her to."

How Nevada's UFO hunters view the 2016 race 03:18
Podesta, a former chief of staff to President Bill Clinton, said the 42nd president once "asked for some information about some of these things, and in particular, some information about what was going on at Area 51."
Asked if there is evidence of alien life, Podesta said, "That's for the public to judge once they've seen all the evidence that the U.S. government has."
When it came to his own beliefs about beings from outer space, Podesta said, "There are a lot of planets out there."
And he made clear: "The American people can handle the truth."

RE: HRC and UFOs - JustWinBaby - 04-08-2016

Putting aside the question of whether Americans (and the world) really can "handle the truth"...

It's a political non-starter because if we haven't had contact (which is probably most plausible), an effort to be transparent is only going to be highly ridiculed and criticized when the answers aren't what people were hoping for.

Whether aliens or gods, cultures throughout history have always used that to explain the currently unexplainable. Now, you may find there's something there with all the similarities. But you could also use those same similarities to be equally dismissive.

I think there has to be other life in the universe. I don't think we've been visited. I think it's entirely possible that interstellar travel is impossible.

RE: HRC and UFOs - NATI BENGALS - 04-08-2016

(04-08-2016, 02:58 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Putting aside the question of whether Americans (and the world) really can "handle the truth"...

It's a political non-starter because if we haven't had contact (which is probably most plausible), an effort to be transparent is only going to be highly ridiculed and criticized when the answers aren't what people were hoping for.

Whether aliens or gods, cultures throughout history have always used that to explain the currently unexplainable.  Now, you may find there's something there with all the similarities.  But you could also use those same similarities to be equally dismissive.

I think there has to be other life in the universe.  I don't think we've been visited.  I think it's entirely possible that interstellar travel is impossible.

Voyager 1 is out of our solar system. And was launched in 1977. I'm sure we have come up with better technology by now. We are just now dipping our toes into genetic engineering. I don't see how a planet much older than we are with similar intelligence wouldn't be much further along in their space exploration. Clones, genetic engineering, robots to run the ship, cryogenic chambers, more advanced energy sources and propulsion systems.

There are plenty of species on this planet that can enter a state of hibernation. I think it is impossible to go the speed of light or go through a worm hole. But I think there are plenty of possibilities to have a living being travel really far in space.

RE: HRC and UFOs - JustWinBaby - 04-08-2016

(04-08-2016, 04:39 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Voyager 1 is out of our solar system. And was launched in 1977. I'm sure we have come up with better technology by now. We are just now dipping our toes into genetic engineering. I don't see how a planet much older than we are with similar intelligence wouldn't be much further along in their space exploration. Clones, genetic engineering, robots to run the ship, cryogenic chambers, more advanced energy sources and propulsion systems.

There are plenty of species on this planet that can enter a state of hibernation. I think it is impossible to go the speed of light or go through a worm hole. But I think there are plenty of possibilities to have a living being travel really far in space.

Yeah, but the odds are probably higher Voyager 1 will be destroyed by an asteroid or black hole or whatever before it ventures into a solar system with complex life capable of finding it.  And that's a probe, not a spaceship carrying aliens.

To your second point, same as above.  Even if you slow aging to 1/1000th in stasis, they'd be dead and gone long before reaching even the next closest solar system.  For example, it will take Voyager almost 40,000 years to reach HALFWAY (which is apparently the arbitrary scientific definition of "out of our solar system") to Proxima Centauri.

On the other hand....we are to believe intelligent life capable of visiting (and finding, which may be the more difficult part of the equation) us either:
1) crashed (interstellar travel with the safety record of a Ford Pinto....yeah, right)
2) incapable of masking itself from us
3) despite our comparatively infantile state already concerned with our presence disrupting anything, this advance species said "screw it" and starts mucking with our DNA and teaching us how to build stuff.

RE: HRC and UFOs - Rotobeast - 04-09-2016

[Image: owwj9g9nb9kkfdpyuygtls13gqzgv73z3j1wbv1g...0hmbza.jpg]

RE: HRC and UFOs - fredtoast - 04-10-2016

We first made contact with alien life in the 90's, but we kept it secret because Bill Clinton had sex with it.

RE: HRC and UFOs - JustWinBaby - 04-10-2016

(04-10-2016, 01:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We first made contact with alien life in the 90's, but we kept it secret because Bill Clinton had sex with it.

But if that were true then Hillary would already know where the body is buried.

RE: HRC and UFOs - GMDino - 04-10-2016

(04-10-2016, 01:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We first made contact with alien life in the 90's, but we kept it secret because Bill Clinton had sex with it.

[Image: 922.gif]

RE: HRC and UFOs - Bilbo Saggins - 04-11-2016

This smacks of a cheap attempt at scoring points with the "conspiracy theorist" crowd more than anything.  

RE: HRC and UFOs - Devils Advocate - 04-11-2016

(04-11-2016, 03:16 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: This smacks of a cheap attempt at scoring points with the "conspiracy theorist" crowd more than anything.  

No. Politics a view conspiracy theorists as dangerous. They have no reason at all to score points with them. 

RE: HRC and UFOs - SteelCitySouth - 04-11-2016

(04-11-2016, 08:40 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: No. Politics a view conspiracy theorists as dangerous. They have no reason at all to score points with them. 

This post is so meta.

RE: HRC and UFOs - JustWinBaby - 04-11-2016

(04-11-2016, 03:16 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: This smacks of a cheap attempt at scoring points with the "conspiracy theorist" crowd more than anything.  

Probably an attempt to deflect the transparency and integrity issues.  

"Is Hillary trustworthy - who cares, she's going to tell us about aliens and Roswell!!!"

RE: HRC and UFOs - GMDino - 04-11-2016

(04-11-2016, 08:40 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: No. Politics a view conspiracy theorists as dangerous. They have no reason at all to score points with them. 

Unless it is about whether the POTUS was born in the US or not.   Smirk

RE: HRC and UFOs - fredtoast - 04-11-2016

(04-08-2016, 02:58 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: It's a political non-starter because if we haven't had contact (which is probably most plausible), an effort to be transparent is only going to be highly ridiculed and criticized when the answers aren't what people were hoping for.

This.

Area 51 is used to develop secret weapons for the air force.  There is no way we are going to get "all" the information about what is going on there.  So none of the conspiracy theorists will ever be satisfied.

RE: HRC and UFOs - fredtoast - 04-11-2016

Funny how the Republican Party was practically fellating the "Obama was born in Kenya" nutjobs.  And the Democrats had their share of "Bush was in on 9-11" whackos.

Political parties don't see conspiracy theorists as dangerous.  Instead they see them as rubes they can use to their advantage.

RE: HRC and UFOs - Devils Advocate - 04-19-2016

(04-11-2016, 11:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny how the Republican Party was practically fellating the "Obama was born in Kenya" nutjobs.  And the Democrats had their share of "Bush was in on 9-11" whackos.

Political parties don't see conspiracy theorists as dangerous.  Instead they see them as rubes they can use to their advantage.

No. I suggest you read up on what some of the politicians political insiders say about conspiracy theorists. 

What's funny is how the term 'conspiracy theorists' ignites a Negative overtone. You think they're crazy because you can't handle being lied to by your trusted government. 

Name one war America has been that wasn't started with a false flag operation. Just one. I'll wait ...

RE: HRC and UFOs - fredtoast - 04-19-2016

(04-19-2016, 01:19 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Name one war America has been that wasn't started with a false flag operation. Just one. I'll wait ...

World War II

RE: HRC and UFOs - fredtoast - 04-19-2016

(04-19-2016, 01:19 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote:  You think they're crazy because you can't handle being lied to by your trusted government. 

No.  I think they are crazy because they are crazy.

I am well aware that government will lie to us.  But people who believe EVERYTHING the government says is a lie are just as gullible as people who believe EVERYTHING the government says is the truth.

I know about the Gulf of Tonkin and the Iraqi WMD, but those operations do not mean that George W Bush helped plan 9-11.

The funniest thing I have ever seen is a raging battle between conspiracy theorist who believed Bush actively planned 9-11 and conspiracy theorists who thought he just knew about it.  Both sides were calling the other side stupid, but they seemed very lost when they were unable to use their most popular argument about the other side being gullible and afraid of the truth.  Strange that none of them realized how that exposed their favorite argument as logically flawed.

(04-19-2016, 01:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: World War II

Pearl Harbor. Next

(04-19-2016, 01:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  I think they are crazy because they are crazy.

I am well aware that government will lie to us.  But people who believe EVERYTHING the government says is a lie are just as gullible as people who believe EVERYTHING the government says is the truth.

I know about the Gulf of Tonkin and the Iraqi WMD, but those operations do not mean that George W Bush helped plan 9-11.

The funniest thing I have ever seen is a raging battle between conspiracy theorist who believed Bush actively planned 9-11 and conspiracy theorists who thought he just knew about it.  Both sides were calling the other side stupid, but they seemed very lost when they were unable to use their most popular argument about the other side being gullible and afraid of the truth.  Strange that none of them realized how that exposed their favorite argument as logically flawed.

They're not crazy just because you say they are. 

What do they mean then? That's certainly not evidence that GW didn't, in some way know. 

That's because the waters have been muddied and information suppressed and omitted And propaganda utilized and ... and ... and. Nevertheless some people will eleieve anything they hear and read. 

I see this guy on my FB feed always talkin about conspiracies and telling people to do their research. He's so outta touch it ain't funny. I have done much research and much of what he posts is BS. If I participated in FB ( I just lurk, very rarely ever posting anything) I would tell him all about it. You wouldn't think that about me. I also often find myself playing the debunker role at a very prominent conspiracy site where if you don't know your shit, you will be exposed and your conspiracy debunked.  They don't put up with crazy ass conspiracies there.