Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Ask Jim Owczarski - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Ask Jim Owczarski (/Thread-Ask-Jim-Owczarski)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - RoyleRedlegs - 09-08-2015

(09-08-2015, 09:44 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Oh, yeah, make it a smilie too.

Still though-

[Image: Atlanta+Falcons+v+Cincinnati+Bengals+CvW1s0Qign3l.jpg]

Why?

Need a real tiger like Georgia has with Ugga 

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - Stormborn - 09-08-2015

(09-08-2015, 09:45 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Need a real tiger like Georgia has with ugga
I wonder if LSU still does that with Mike?

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - jowczarski - 09-09-2015

#Facepalm

I should've known I'd get called up to do the whip - which I've done to some success before with music. Thought some of the fans would come up and do it but I had to fill in. Ah well.

Hill got a good laugh, and I'm a good sport - but hopefully it's the last dance I have to do on Beyond The Stripes this year!

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - EatonFan - 09-09-2015

How big of a gulf is there between the starting OL and the backups?

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - McC - 09-09-2015

(09-09-2015, 12:14 AM)EatonFan Wrote: How big of a gulf is there between the starting OL and the backups?

It's not a gulf, it's the whole ocean.

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - RoyleRedlegs - 09-09-2015

(09-09-2015, 12:14 AM)EatonFan Wrote: How big of a gulf is there between the starting OL and the backups?

Trey Hopkins is the best of the bunch and he only has 1 good leg right now. 
Yeah. as McC said, it's more oceanic than gulf...

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - wolfkaosaun - 09-09-2015

(09-09-2015, 12:12 AM)jowczarski Wrote: #Facepalm

I should've known I'd get called up to do the whip - which I've done to some success before with music. Thought some of the fans would come up and do it but I had to fill in. Ah well.

Hill got a good laugh, and I'm a good sport - but hopefully it's the last dance I have to do on Beyond The Stripes this year!

If you end up coming down to Pittsburgh I will gladly do that dance with you. Good job by the way Ninja

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - Bengal Dude - 09-09-2015

(09-09-2015, 12:12 AM)jowczarski Wrote: #Facepalm

You should do that dance before every BTS.

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - jowczarski - 09-09-2015

Yeah, EatonFan, there is a big drop off from the starting five to the backups. We wouldn't be surprised if the scour the wire after week 1 when season contracts don't have to be guaranteed.

As for the dance ... well ... we probably won't see that again in a public forum. Unless, maybe, if Hill comes back on the show if there's a deep postseason run. But now it's on the internet, and will live forever.

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - EatonFan - 09-10-2015

(09-09-2015, 04:20 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Yeah, EatonFan, there is a big drop off from the starting five to the backups. We wouldn't be surprised if the scour the wire after week 1 when season contracts don't have to be guaranteed.

As for the dance ... well ... we probably won't see that again in a public forum. Unless, maybe, if Hill comes back on the show if there's a deep postseason run. But now it's on the internet, and will live forever.

Any candidates that the Bengals may go after in week #2?

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - BengalChris - 09-10-2015

(09-09-2015, 04:20 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Yeah, EatonFan, there is a big drop off from the starting five to the backups. We wouldn't be surprised if the scour the wire after week 1 when season contracts don't have to be guaranteed.

I sure hope Ogbuehi is worth the wait. Fisher looks like an expensive project.

I generally refuse to dance, unless it's nice and slow with my wife. Of course, I'm probably twice your age.

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - jowczarski - 09-10-2015

Hard to say Eaton Fan. For instance, the Browns couldn't wait to claim Turbin so they just whacked Pryor. You never quite know ... and then that might change with an injury in Week 1.

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - J24 - 09-11-2015

So now that the  AJ deal is done who is the next priority to sign long term?

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - RoyleRedlegs - 09-11-2015

(09-11-2015, 04:59 PM)J24 Wrote: So now that the  AJ deal is done who is the next priority to sign long term?

Would have to think Iloka or Zeitler 

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - EatonFan - 09-12-2015

(09-10-2015, 06:06 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Hard to say Eaton Fan. For instance, the Browns couldn't wait to claim Turbin so they just whacked Pryor. You never quite know ... and then that might change with an injury in Week 1.

Given our #6 WR Pryor might be an option but I doubt it.  Pryor is just simply too unproven at that position.

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - EatonFan - 09-12-2015

In your opinion, what are the top 3 positions on the Bengals that they would be looking for an upgrade in depth?

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - BURROWorBUST - 09-13-2015

(09-12-2015, 09:20 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Given our #6 WR Pryor might be an option but I doubt it.  Pryor is just simply too unproven at that position.

That and how ticked we were over Pryor's posting of videos that were too revealing for Marvin and Hue's tastes. I don't think we'll ever see TP back in stripes.

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - jowczarski - 09-18-2015

Yeah, Pryor is not coming back here at all. They brought him in as a QB, and that was that.

Ogbuehi will be a mystery that's for sure.

Eatonfan: Depth wise, it's got to be linebacker, safety, and wide receiver. Not necessarily in that order, but they need it.

As for signing priority -- that's become interesting. I don't think they want to pay Iloka what the market will wind up paying him. But then Nelson is a UFA, too -- so they could get put in a really bad box at the end of the season. Iloka has left the door open to re-sign before he hits the open market, but they won't take a discount. Not now.

Zeitler is interesting. No way they want to make him the highest paid guard in the league next year - but I think they want to see him do for a full 16+ games. It's a luxury they have with him.

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - J24 - 09-18-2015

(09-18-2015, 03:28 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Yeah, Pryor is not coming back here at all. They brought him in as a QB, and that was that.

Eatonfan: Depth wise, it's got to be linebacker, safety, and wide receiver. Not necessarily in that order, but they need it.

As for signing priority -- that's become interesting. I don't think they want to pay Iloka what the market will wind up paying him. But then Nelson is a UFA, too -- so they could get put in a really bad box at the end of the season. Iloka has left the door open to re-sign before he hits the open market, but they won't take a discount. Not now.

Zeitler is interesting. No way they want to make him the highest paid guard in the league next year - but I think they want to see him do for a full 16+ games. It's a luxury they have with him.
Just curious why don't they value Iloka that much? The guy is young, he is  good, the voice of the secondary, hardly ever misses snaps( led the defense in snaps both 13 and 14), and he has the ideal size and athletic ability you want in a modern day safety.

RE: Ask Jim Owczarski - EatonFan - 09-18-2015

(09-18-2015, 03:28 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Yeah, Pryor is not coming back here at all. They brought him in as a QB, and that was that.

Ogbuehi seems more built for pass protection more so than run blocking.  I'm interested in his blocking in space too.  I just don't see him making all that big of an impact this year.  More likely they'll ease him into the OT role along with Fisher at guard.  I just don't see them signing both Whitworth and Smith.  One of them, but not both.

The same for Nelson and Iloka.  One of them.  Williams seems to be the heir apparent.