Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
This Is One Of Roughest Schedules Bengals Have Been Hit With - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: This Is One Of Roughest Schedules Bengals Have Been Hit With (/Thread-This-Is-One-Of-Roughest-Schedules-Bengals-Have-Been-Hit-With)

Pages: 1 2 3

This Is One Of Roughest Schedules Bengals Have Been Hit With - kevin - 04-15-2016

I'll start with losing a home game. 8 road games and 7 home games.  Sorry, London is not Cincinnati.  I hope Bengals season ticket holders don't get charged for the normal 8 home game season or they are getting the shaft.  That is huge to lose a home game on the schedule.

The Road Games : 2 trips to New York to play Jets and Giants. Bengals haven't done well in New York over the years. At Dallas, Bengals haven't done well at Dallas over the years. At New England, Bengals haven't done well at New England over the years.  At Houston, Bengals haven't done well at Houston over the years. Then you add at Pittsburg, at Baltimore and at Cleveland. ....Right off, I don't like those road games. That is a road schedule of places Bengals have had a lot of trouble in over the years.  8 hard road games.

The Neutral Site Game :  London England playing Washington.  This is no home game.  Washington has already won a little on this in the fact that they don't lose a home game, and we do. ..This is just awful, losing a game in THE JUNGLE on the schedule.

THE JUNGLE : After starting on the road at New York on 9-11 and at Pittsburg, are you kidding me. The home opener in week 3 is Denver who just beat Carolina in Super Bowl.  Are they trying to start us out 0-3 on the season. .....Then Miami, Buffalo and Philadelphia.  Plus Pittsburg, Baltimore and Cleveland.  I always like our chances in THE JUNGLE.

Bengals are going to have to be better than ever, because this schedule was dealt from the bottom of the deck. It is stacked for Bengals to finish 8-8 or worse. It is set up for Bengals to start 0-3, and teams rarely start 0-3 and make play-offs. ....The worst is Bengals have 8 road games and only 7 home games.

There is nothing to like about this schedule.  Not even the 4 Prime Time Games, 5 if you include nationally shown London game....because Bengals have not done that well in Prime Time or Play-Offs. ......Bengals will have to get the led out and play great football to avoid missing play-offs because this schedule is a stacked deck not in their favor......Starting at New York on 9-11 and all the emotion of New York and the Nation thrown behind the Jets in that one, at Pittsburg and then home to face Super Bowl Denver. The NFL really wants Bengals to start 0-3. .......I never complain about the schedule because you have 8 on the road and 8 at home, BUT NOT THIS YEAR. 

RE: This Is One Of Roughest Schedules Bengals Have Been Hit With - GodFather - 04-15-2016

Well the one good shining light is, if the Bengals do have a disastrous year we can count on one thing that is certain as the day is long.

Marvin Lewis E-X-T-E-N-S-I-O-N Ninja

RE: This Is One Of Roughest Schedules Bengals Have Been Hit With - CageTheBengal - 04-15-2016

We're the bad guys and the bad guys get shit schedules.

Let's destroy them all anyways! Tiger

I hope the Jets don't score a damn point and leave the stadium with their tails between their legs.

RE: This Is One Of Roughest Schedules Bengals Have Been Hit With - bfine32 - 04-15-2016

Tough schedule indeed. But I will say I am happy in the knowledge that on message boards throughout the nation every team is pointing the the Cincy game as a difficult one.

RE: This Is One Of Roughest Schedules Bengals Have Been Hit With - RiverRat13 - 04-15-2016

The last time the Bengals had the NFC East, all we heard was how tough the schedule was going to be. The NFC East is easily the most overrated division in football. The Bengals will go no worse than 3-1 against those teams. The AFC East has improved but I see the Bengals going 3-1 against that division as well.

RE: This Is One Of Roughest Schedules Bengals Have Been Hit With - Nately120 - 04-15-2016

(04-15-2016, 12:24 PM)kevin Wrote: Starting at New York on 9-11 and all the emotion of New York and the Nation thrown behind the Jets in that one, at Pittsburg and then home to face Super Bowl Denver. The NFL really wants Bengals to start 0-3. .......I never complain about the schedule because you have 8 on the road and 8 at home, BUT NOT THIS YEAR. 

At Pittsburgh sans Burfict is the only game of the first 3 that seems particularly difficult to me.  The Jets and the Broncos might be starting Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez for all we know so I'm not quite ready to assume the NFL is scheming to start us at 0-3 quite yet.

RE: This Is One Of Roughest Schedules Bengals Have Been Hit With - kevin - 04-15-2016

(04-15-2016, 12:35 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: We're the bad guys and the bad guys get shit schedules.

Let's destroy them all anyways! Tiger

I hope the Jets don't score a damn point and leave the stadium with their tails between their legs.

except 9-11 is a National Holiday now.  With it on Sunday and the Jets playing in New York on 9-11, all the morning ceremony across the nation, The President's 9-11 speech, the firemen and policemen, The military honor guards and the huge flag that will cover all New York stadium. Sinatra piped in singing New York, New York.   As a Bengals fan, I will be rooting Bengals, but the rest of the world will be all New York on 9-11. ....Plus, we have never played that well in New York.....This is the worst schedule Bengals have ever been dealt. ....Less home games than road games, just awful. 

RE: This Is One Of Roughest Schedules Bengals Have Been Hit With - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-15-2016

The opener at the Jets is definately a tough start to the season and it doesn't help going to Pitt next and
then the SB champion Defense coming to our place after that for sure. But the thing is our Defense can
shut down the Jets and it should be a low scoring game. If we can pull out that win we can score on Pitt
and shut down the Broncos Offense.

After that it calms down schedule wise for a bit and Burfict is back. Gotta survive early and win 2 of those
3 games. I see us losing to the Jets in a low scoring affair and beating the Steelers and Broncos.

The Redskins are the Redskins, they will not beat us i don't care where the game is played.

RE: This Is One Of Roughest Schedules Bengals Have Been Hit With - CageTheBengal - 04-15-2016

(04-15-2016, 12:47 PM)kevin Wrote: except 9-11 is a National Holiday now.  With it on Sunday and the Jets playing in New York on 9-11, all the morning ceremony across the nation, The President's 9-11 speech, the firemen and policemen, The military honor guards and the huge flag that will cover all New York stadium. Sinatra piped in singing New York, New York.   As a Bengals fan, I will be rooting Bengals, but the rest of the world will be all New York on 9-11. ....Plus, we have never played that well in New York.....This is the worst schedule Bengals have ever been dealt. ....Less home games than road games, just awful. 

Meh I don't care if it's 9/11 or not. If the Bengals are playing I want them to slaughter whoever is standing in their way.

I hope the Bengals feel the same.

RE: This Is One Of Roughest Schedules Bengals Have Been Hit With - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-15-2016

(04-15-2016, 12:57 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Meh I don't care if it's 9/11 or not. If the Bengals are playing I want them to slaughter whoever is standing in their way.

Damn rights, it is an NFL football game. Beat the shit out of them is what needs to be the mind set.

Don't get caught up in it. It is football and we are the better team. The Jets have a great Defense and we
are without Burfict so to me it is a toss up. It is also the first game of the season and Dalton and his new
weapons might not be on the same page yet. Could be a loss, i don't know. But it should be close with
these Defenses.

RE: This Is One Of Roughest Schedules Bengals Have Been Hit With - ItsOdellThurman - 04-15-2016

The Bengals have struggled in Cleveland? They have won like what, 6 of 8 there? Marvin has dominated the Browns.

(04-15-2016, 01:21 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: The Bengals have struggled in Cleveland?  They have won like what, 6 of 8 there?  Marvin has dominated the Browns.

and shut them out like 30-0 twice.

RE: This Is One Of Roughest Schedules Bengals Have Been Hit With - OrlandoBengal - 04-15-2016

They won the division and have been to the playoffs five straight years. It was not going to be an easy schedule. Two weeks on the road to start the season kind of sucks, but other than that it is to be expected.

RE: This Is One Of Roughest Schedules Bengals Have Been Hit With - NATI BENGALS - 04-15-2016

(04-15-2016, 12:57 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Meh I don't care if it's 9/11 or not. If the Bengals are playing I want them to slaughter whoever is standing in their way.

Wasnt it Jets that took the towers down? We should be the good guys.

(04-15-2016, 01:52 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Wasnt it Jets that took the towers down? We should be the good guys.

I am ashamed that i lol at this one.

RE: This Is One Of Roughest Schedules Bengals Have Been Hit With - NATI BENGALS - 04-15-2016

I saw a stat yesterday. Teams in the top 5 easiest strength of schedule like we are have a 50% chance of making the playoffs.

RE: This Is One Of Roughest Schedules Bengals Have Been Hit With - fredtoast - 04-15-2016

Meh, nothing tougher than we have seen in the past.

Denver has lost both starting QBs, 2 Starters off the O-line (Evan Mathis, LT Ryan Harris), and 2 key starters from their defense (Trevathan, Malik Jackson). They could easily have a losing record.

The other Division champion we play is Houston. they are good, but I don't consider them one of the bets teams in the league.

The rest of our schedule is the same as the Steelers.

And finally what has happened on the road to certain teams in the past has ZERO to do with what will happen this year. We have shown that over and over again these past few years.

RE: This Is One Of Roughest Schedules Bengals Have Been Hit With - masonbengals fan - 04-15-2016

Bengals have proven to be a pretty good road team in the last few years.
Jets are at home but we are the better team. IMO
I would have liked to see Burfict on the field when we play Pittsburgh but figured they would get every advantage possible.
Denver without Manning isn't the same team but they do have a great defense.
I say we start out 2-1

RE: This Is One Of Roughest Schedules Bengals Have Been Hit With - GreenCornBengal - 04-15-2016

The schedule always looks tough this time of year. Dalton and the boys usually come out firing though. If we should have any confidence, it should be in our regular season success.

RE: This Is One Of Roughest Schedules Bengals Have Been Hit With - OrlandoBengal - 04-15-2016

(04-15-2016, 02:44 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Bengals have proven to be a pretty good road team in the last few years.
Jets are at home but we are the better team. IMO
I would have liked to see Burfict on the field when we play Pittsburgh but figured they would get every advantage possible.
Denver without Manning isn't the same team but they do have a great defense.
I say we start out 2-1

Doesn't Dalton hold the record for most road wins through his first five years?  I don't think being on the road scares this team.