Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Welcome Nick Vigil - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Welcome Nick Vigil (/Thread-Welcome-Nick-Vigil)

Pages: 1 2

Welcome Nick Vigil - GodFather - 04-30-2016

Edited for language

RE: Welcome Nick Vigil - Big Boss - 04-30-2016

I mean even if they valued him higher than his projected grade, you probably could have had him in the 4th at least.

Plenty of DTs were on the board. Very confused.

RE: Welcome Nick Vigil - jeremydc - 04-30-2016

He may surprise us. Can a third rounder be a sleeper?

RE: Welcome Nick Vigil - Okeana - 04-30-2016

Nick vigil and his dreams can kiss my left testicle

RE: Welcome Nick Vigil - Pat5775 - 04-30-2016

Harsh... But funny. Nothing against the kid personally. But if there's one thing I can't stand on draft day, it's overreaching. Irks me to no end. All that aside, welcome aboard Nick! Shut all the doubters up and make us proud. WHO DEY!

RE: Welcome Nick Vigil - Beaker - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 12:48 AM)GodFather Wrote: I don't even think he realized he was drafted yet, according to his twitter he's busy watching the Breakfast Club.

Watching a 90s movie with an 80s rat tail....cool.

(04-30-2016, 01:09 AM)BengalChris Wrote: It was funny. This isn't Little Sister Mary's Nursery School for Hurt Feelings.

Besides, the draft was going so well and then out of left field we take a dump right on the draft floor.

This was the prefect year to add some young talented depth to our DL, after we wasted picks on Sister Mary choices of Hunt, Clarke and Still.

Hunt, Clarke and Still can't hold Nick Vigil's jock.

RE: Welcome Nick Vigil - GodFather - 04-30-2016

The Bengals final decision on choosing him at number three was based on his high IQ as demonstrated by his tweets on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/Vigil41

RE: Welcome Nick Vigil - 3wt - 04-30-2016

Just seemed too early for this guy. Looked at some film and he whiffed on tackles 3 times in a row. There were just too many good players left on the board.

How can anyone be upset about this guy?

RE: Welcome Nick Vigil - BengalChris - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 01:12 AM)Beaker Wrote: Hunt, Clarke and Still can't hold Nick Vigil's jock.

I sure hope he's got a good set on him cause our previous projects have proven themselves to have none.

I know exactly nothing about the kid. Hope he lives up to his draft selection and higher.

I can't particularly stand the PC posters with their fake offended attitude.

RE: Welcome Nick Vigil - GodFather - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 01:15 AM)Beaker Wrote: How can anyone be upset about this guy?

My favorite part of the video was when he was asked who influenced him the most in life and his response was "Goober" from the Andy Griffith show

RE: Welcome Nick Vigil - magikod - 04-30-2016

dumbest move wtf

RE: Welcome Nick Vigil - fredtoast - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 01:19 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I sure hope he's got a good set on him cause our previous projects have proven themselves to have none.

Geno Atkins......4th round
Clint Boling.......4th round
Marvin Jones.....5th round
George Iloka.....5th round

Funny how when a player is drafted much lower than all the "experts" predicted no one suggest that all 32 NFL teams were wrong.

But when a guy is drafted much earlier than all the experts predict then for soem reason the team is considered wrong and all the "experts" are considered to be right.

The fact is that many other NFL teams may have had Vigil ranked just as high as the Bengals.

RE: Welcome Nick Vigil - Au165 - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 12:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny how when a player is drafted much lower than all the "experts" predicted no one suggest that all 32 NFL teams were wrong.

But when a guy is drafted much earlier than all the experts predict then for soem reason the team is considered wrong and all the "experts" are considered to be right.

The fact is that many other NFL teams may have had Vigil ranked just as high as the Bengals.

The rumor was the Saints really liked him and we're going to take him in the top of the 4th. Seriously, it is funny everyone is convinced they know more because they read some draft reports or watch some tape. As our LB coach said they played the same front and he can come in and play day 1 if needed. He sounds like the heir to SAM when Dansby is done as Dawson and Burffict are both WILL but one could move inside.

RE: Welcome Nick Vigil - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-30-2016

(04-30-2016, 12:17 PM)Au165 Wrote: The rumor was the Saints really liked him and we're going to take him in the top of the 4th. Seriously, it is funny everyone is convinced they know more because they read some draft reports or watch some tape. As our LB coach said they played the same front and he can come in and play day 1 if needed. He sounds like the heir to SAM when Dansby is done as Dawson and Burffict are both WILL but one could move inside.

On bengals.com they said the Packers were going to take him right after us. They ended up taking the lesser of the two USU backers.

People forget Ray M. is getting up there in age also....and has missed games due to injury too. So depth here is not a bad thing. With a team like the Bengals who have a deep roster, not every pick will be for an automatic starter. The middle and late rounds are for depth and then some players show they are better and play themselves into starting.

RE: Welcome Nick Vigil - GreenCornBengal - 04-30-2016

At least Vigil has some rush ability. Had 7.5 sacks one year playing outside LB. Could be our Clay Matthews lol.

Gettin' Viggy wit it.