Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Terrorist act in Orlando - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Terrorist act in Orlando (/Thread-Terrorist-act-in-Orlando)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Terrorist act in Orlando - bfine32 - 06-12-2016

20 dead, dozens wounded:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/12/florida-authorities-say-multiple-people-have-been-shot-at-orlando-nightclub.html

Quote:A gunman who federal authorities say had possible ties to terrorism opened fire early Sunday morning at a packed Florida nightclub, killing approximately 20 people and wounding scores more in a bloody scene that ended hours later when police stormed the building and killed the suspect.

The shooting in Orlando at Pulse, which bills itself as "the hottest gay bar" in the city and was packed with more than 300 people, was reported minutes after 2 a.m. Sunday. In addition to those killed inside the club, at least 42 people were taken to area hospitals. Dozens of party-goers remained hostages in the club for several hours after the initial shooting, prompting SWAT teams to pour inside. Shortly after 6 a.m. local time, Orlando police tweeted that the gunman had been killed.

The gunman, whose identity was not immediately released, “may have leanings” toward radical Islam, FBI Special Agent in Charge Ron Harper said when asked by Fox News whether the suspect had ties to Jihadist terror groups. Harper said the investigation is looking into possible threats made previously by the suspect in connection to radical Islam groups. He said the agency is still investigating and has yet to confirm any role a terror group may have played in the mass shooting.

“There are allegations the individual made threats in the past to having ties to terrorist organizations,” Harper told Fox News.

There will be plenty time to argue about this one. As for now, thoughts and prayers to the deceased, injured, and their families.

ANOTHER mass shooting - GMDino - 06-12-2016

So sad.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/06/12/shooting-orlando-club/85785254/

Quote:A heavily armed assailant opened fire in a packed Orlando nightclub early Sunday in a bloody massacre that left about 20 people dead and prompted a terrorism investigation, authorities said.

Police Chief John Mina said the tragedy began at 2:02 a.m., when three police officers engaged in a gun battle with a suspect outside Pulse, a gay club just south of downtown. A hostage situation then took place inside, and a SWAT team was called in, Mina said. Police received updates from patrons trapped in the club, and decided to storm the club at about 5 a.m.

"Our biggest concern was further loss of life," Mina said. "We exchanged gunfire with the suspect, and he was dead at the scene."

Mina said the gunman was killed by police. He said 42 people were transferred to local hospitals, and one officer was wounded. He estimated the death toll at 20, and said at least 30 people were rescued.

"Tonight our community witnessed a horrific crime... that will have a lasting effect on our community," a solemn Mayor Buddy Dyer said.

FBI Special Agent Ronald Hopper said the case was being investigated as a possible act of terrorism, either domestic or international. It was not clear if the shooter acted alone, he said. He said authorities were trying to determine if there was a connection with radical Islam.

"We do have suggestions that the individual may have leanings toward that particular ideology," Hopper said.

Mina said the gunman was armed with an assault rifle, a handgun and some sort of unidentified device. Officers from multiple agencies and dozens of emergency vehicles responded to the scene. Orange County Fire and Rescue called for gurneys to move victims from the club.

Quote:[/url]

Follow
[Image: 5PSm22Dq_normal.jpeg]Orlando Police @OrlandoPolice
Pulse Shooting: The shooter inside the club is dead.
5:53 AM - 12 Jun 2016 · Orlando, FL, United States
  • [url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?in_reply_to=741931400392249344]

Many of the casualties were rushed to Orlando Regional Medical Center, which was placed on lockdown.

"We can confirm this is a mass casualty situation. Support from local/state/federal agencies," Orlando police tweeted about four hours after events began to unfold. Then, a short time later: "Pulse Shooting: The shooter inside the club is dead."

Mina said there was no indication that there was more than one shooter. A bomb squad was at the scene, and police reported conducting a "controlled explosion."

Hours after the shooting, police were still trying to piece together what happened.

"Anyone who was at Pulse nightclub and was a witness Please come to the Orlando Police HQ," the department tweeted. "Any information you have could aid investigators in this case."

Now saying there may have been a "controlled explosion" too.

RE: Terrorist act in Orlando - Belsnickel - 06-12-2016

Definitely thoughts and prayers with them. Health officials calling for blood donors.

Suspect is dead on scene, shot by police. ID'd as Omar Mateen, US citizen from Port St. Lucie.

RE: Terrorist act in Orlando - bfine32 - 06-12-2016

Press conference pending. Current death toll of 20ish may be increased.

RE: Terrorist act in Orlando - GMDino - 06-12-2016

(06-12-2016, 11:03 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Definitely thoughts and prayers with them. Health officials calling for blood donors.

Suspect is dead on scene, shot by police. ID'd as Omar Mateen, US citizen from Port St. Lucie.

Mellow

Mellow

Mellow

Shocked

Oh come on!  There was no way to resist that one!

50 dead

53 injuried

RE: Terrorist act in Orlando - StLucieBengal - 06-12-2016

(06-12-2016, 11:09 AM)GMDino Wrote: Oh come on!  There was no way to resist that one!

Glad you can joke around and have a laugh at this situation.  

(06-12-2016, 11:53 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Glad you can joke around and have a laugh at this situation.  

Me too.  If I couldn't laugh at the craziness in the world I'd go crazy.

Thanks.

Uh oh....

Quote:"a US citizen of Afghan origin"

(06-12-2016, 11:56 AM)GMDino Wrote: Me too.  If I couldn't laugh at the craziness in the world I'd go crazy.

Thanks.

Yuck it up.   Maybe you will get lucky and have some more murders to get you laughing again.   

I understand why you wanted to hurry up and be first with that gem but you were way too early and just look like a jackass.   

Glad all these deaths and injuries could give you some comedy relief this morning.   

(06-12-2016, 12:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yuck it up.   Maybe you will get lucky and have some more murders to get you laughing again.   

I understand why you wanted to hurry up and be first with that gem but you were way too early and just look like a jackass.   

Glad all these deaths and injuries could give you some comedy relief this morning.   

Why do have to get so worked up that you have to use swear words?

Mellow

I just took the first shot...if not me someone else would have.  If the board isn't serious enough for you I can direct you to some other social media sites that are little rougher.  They only make jokes about everyone...not just one person.

What a baby.

This one is going to take a while. It has been called everything from an act of terror to an incident.

Talks from a member of ISIS that received weapons training in Afghanistan to he was upset because he say gays kissing in Miami

Talks that he has been under investigation to lone wolf out of nowhere

RE: Terrorist act in Orlando - Millhouse - 06-12-2016

Whether it was a hate crime and/or islamic terrorist act, this was the worst mass shooting in US history. RIP to all those that needlessly died, best wishes to speedy recoveries to the survivors and to the loved ones of the victims.

(06-12-2016, 12:30 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Whether it was a hate crime and/or islamic terrorist act, this was the worst mass shooting in US history. RIP to all those that needlessly died, best wishes to speedy recoveries to the survivors and to the loved ones of the victims.

And no matter what the results of the investigation nothing will change and it will happen again.

That is equally as sad.

RE: Terrorist act in Orlando - Arturo Bandini - 06-12-2016

Thoughts to USA. Barbarism is everywhere. Too much anger in this world.

RE: Terrorist act in Orlando - PhilHos - 06-12-2016

Is it wrong that my 2nd thought after hearing the news was "Oh great, here comes the gun control debate crash again"?

If it is isis related then it makes sense since they love to kill gays.

As far as the gun control debate.... It's Florida they will whine and complain but no way we get any additional regulation. Too many gun owning voters down in Florida.

Kudos to the White House for lifting HIPAA restrictions so that the doctors can communicate with family members.

RE: Terrorist act in Orlando - SunsetBengal - 06-12-2016

Some good info on fact of the case, so far.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/06/omar-mateen-pulse-orlando-florida-shooting-gunman-attack-name-photos-facebook-motive-terrorism/

RE: Terrorist act in Orlando - Bengalzona - 06-12-2016

(06-12-2016, 12:44 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Is it wrong that my 2nd thought after hearing the news was "Oh great, here comes the gun control debate crash again"?

No.

My second thought was, "Wow! Muslims killing gays? This is like some conservatives' wet dreams."

Note: I did say 'some', not 'all'.

My third thought was, "I wonder who will get buttsore if I write that?"

True story.