Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
House Democrat indicted for phony charity - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: House Democrat indicted for phony charity (/Thread-House-Democrat-indicted-for-phony-charity)

Pages: 1 2

House Democrat indicted for phony charity - SunsetBengal - 07-09-2016

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/287012-congresswoman-indicted-on-24-counts-of-fraud#.V3_8LwmR2tw.facebook

Phony charity for education for poor kids.

RE: House Democrat indicted for phony charity - Millhouse - 07-09-2016

Thanks for bringing balance to the boards. If this was a Repub, the liberal cavalry in here would be riding high in the saddle over it.

RE: House Democrat indicted for phony charity - GMDino - 07-09-2016

(07-09-2016, 12:14 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Thanks for bringing balance to the boards. If this was a Repub, the liberal cavalry in here would be riding high in the saddle over it.

Irony.

RE: House Democrat indicted for phony charity - BigPapaKain - 07-09-2016

This just in - American politician is corrupt. In other news, water is still wet. More on these shocking developments at 11.

RE: House Democrat indicted for phony charity - SunsetBengal - 07-09-2016

(07-09-2016, 12:14 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Thanks for bringing balance to the boards. If this was a Repub, the liberal cavalry in here would be riding high in the saddle over it.

The corruption is definitely on both sides of the political aisle.

(07-09-2016, 12:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: Irony.

Ironic indeed.  Congress seems to have grown a set of balls, as of late.  Thursday, they cut off Federal funding to sanctuary cities, then yesterday they give an indictment to one of their own.

RE: House Democrat indicted for phony charity - GMDino - 07-09-2016

(07-09-2016, 12:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The corruption is definitely on both sides of the political aisle.

Ironic indeed.  Congress seems to have grown a set of balls, as of late.  Thursday, they cut off Federal funding to sanctuary cities, then yesterday they give an indictment to one of their own.

They do a lot if they think no one is watching because of other stuff going on.

RE: House Democrat indicted for phony charity - JustWinBaby - 07-09-2016

Another amateur....should have talked to Hillary about how to set-up a charity

RE: House Democrat indicted for phony charity - Belsnickel - 07-09-2016

(07-09-2016, 05:04 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Another amateur....should have talked to Hillary about how to set-up a charity

And then asked Trump about using the money from the charity to make personal purchases. LOL

RE: House Democrat indicted for phony charity - NATI BENGALS - 07-10-2016

Over/under on actual time spent in jail?

3 weeks?

RE: House Democrat indicted for phony charity - McC - 07-11-2016

(07-10-2016, 05:08 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Over/under on actual time spent in jail?

3 weeks?

Depends on if he's a friend of the administration.  If he is, Obama will pardon him on his way out the door.

(07-09-2016, 08:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: And then asked Trump about using the money from the charity to make personal purchases. LOL

Trump can't hold a candle to the Clintons.  Bubba makes Nixon look like a choirboy.  They should use RICO on Bubba and Bag Lady.   They certainly qualify as a criminal enterprise.

RE: House Democrat indicted for phony charity - GMDino - 07-11-2016

(07-11-2016, 07:53 AM)McC Wrote: Depends on if he's a friend of the administration.  If he is, Obama will pardon him on his way out the door.

She.  

(07-11-2016, 08:24 AM)McC Wrote: Trump can't hold a candle to the Clintons.  Bubba makes Nixon look like a choirboy.  They should use RICO on Bubba and Bag Lady.   They certainly qualify as a criminal enterprise.

You only think that because Trump's life hasn't been vetted by the media for 30 years.

RE: House Democrat indicted for phony charity - Belsnickel - 07-11-2016

(07-11-2016, 08:24 AM)McC Wrote: Trump can't hold a candle to the Clintons. Bubba makes Nixon look like a choirboy. They should use RICO on Bubba and Bag Lady. They certainly qualify as a criminal enterprise.

The person I support may be corrupt, but they aren't as corrupt as the person on the other side!

That's really the only rhetoric I see in defense of either candidate. Can we all agree that it's bull shit that we have to put up with that from the two major parties? Is there a reason we should stand for people with histories like Trump or Clinton at all? Is it really even true to say one is more corrupt than the other when, in truth, we probably don't know the half of it given that both of them have likely bought their way out of tons of these issues?

Blinders must be a wonderful thing.

RE: House Democrat indicted for phony charity - wildcats forever - 07-11-2016

(07-11-2016, 09:31 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: The person I support may be corrupt, but they aren't as corrupt as the person on the other side!

That's really the only rhetoric I see in defense of either candidate. Can we all agree that it's bull shit that we have to put up with that from the two major parties? Is there a reason we should stand for people with histories like Trump or Clinton at all? Is it really even true to say one is more corrupt than the other when, in truth, we probably don't know the half of it given that both of them have likely bought their way out of tons of these issues?

All the more reason that Society needs to get away from the two party system, though many say that will never happen. Which is partially why it may never happen. And until a 3rd party can come up with better candidates, it may not happen. Until the needs of the Country come before the greed and power we see blatantly displayed daily, blinders may be our only tool to remain sane....

RE: House Democrat indicted for phony charity - Yojimbo - 07-11-2016

(07-11-2016, 09:31 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: The person I support may be corrupt, but they aren't as corrupt as the person on the other side!

I'll be voting for Jill Stein this year. I don't vote party lines and I don't vote for the lesser of two evils. This might be the year a 3rd and maybe 4th party breaks the 5% threshold thanks to the garbage offered from the Reps and Dems.

(07-11-2016, 08:52 AM)GMDino Wrote: She.  

You only think that because Trump's life hasn't been vetted by the media for 30 years.
Trump's faults, which are many, have zero bearing on the Clintons' conduct as public officials.  Blaming him is not an excuse for her.  You only keep resorting to that because you have no legitimate answer.  Trump's soul is black.  Hers is black bolded.

Whatever is bad about him is worse about her.  The only thing she has on him is IQ and she seems to be a brilliant idiot.  She also appears to be very lazy and sloppy in whatever job she holds.  You like that in a president?

I believe it won't come down to if she can beat another candidate.  It will be can she beat her self, her awful self.  I don't think she can. 

RE: House Democrat indicted for phony charity - GMDino - 07-11-2016

(07-11-2016, 05:06 PM)McC Wrote: Trump's faults, which are many, have zero bearing on the Clintons' conduct as public officials.  Blaming him is not an excuse for her.  You only keep resorting to that because you have no legitimate answer.  Trump's soul is black.  Hers is black bolded.

Whatever is bad about him is worse about her.  The only thing she has on him is IQ and she seems to be a brilliant idiot.  She also appears to be very lazy and sloppy in whatever job she holds.  You like that in a president?

I believe it won't come down to if she can beat another candidate.  It will be can she beat her self, her awful self.  I don't think she can. 

I'm not blaming him.  I'm saying you have a preconceived notion because you have seen her in the public eye for decades.

And if believe she is that much worse I'm not here to change your mind but rather to point out that you have a bias that is blocking your view of what is reality.

RE: House Democrat indicted for phony charity - Brownshoe - 07-11-2016

That's why we need to vote Johnson. I don't think I'll be able to vote for either Trump or Hillary. I know Johnson won't win, but if he gets enough votes it might open the eyes of other people into thinking a 3rd party is viable.

RE: House Democrat indicted for phony charity - Belsnickel - 07-11-2016

(07-11-2016, 05:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm not blaming him.  I'm saying you have a preconceived notion because you have seen her in the public eye for decades.

And if believe she is that much worse I'm not here to change your mind but rather to point out that you have a bias that is blocking your view of what is reality.

Yup. I don't care if people think Trump or Clinton is worse, I just want people to realize it isn't just those two.

(07-11-2016, 07:10 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yup. I don't care if people think Trump or Clinton is worse, I just want people to realize it isn't just those two.

Fine.  Write some other name on a piece of paper and throw it out your car window on the way to work on election day.  It'll count just as much that way.