Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Trump Promises To Do More For Veterans Than Anyone - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Trump Promises To Do More For Veterans Than Anyone (/Thread-Trump-Promises-To-Do-More-For-Veterans-Than-Anyone)

Pages: 1 2

Trump Promises To Do More For Veterans Than Anyone - BFritz21 - 07-26-2016

Trump Promises To Do More For Veterans Than Anyone Else (Especially Clinton)

Trump was in Charlotte on July 26th and addressed one of the nation's largest veteran groups and delivered an amazing speech.

He mentioned that veterans will be a top priority and that they would provide the best medical care for veterans. He even went so far as to pledge to have a hotline at the White House for veterans to report problems with their care, but people will continue to say that he "only wants to help the rich and doesn't care about the common people."

The man continues to impress me, and he's hitting all the right notes, but some people (mostly Democrats) will continue to ignore it and will vote for Hillary, even though she's a criminal and will screw this country.

He openly criticized Hillary and points out that she won't be able to handle anything, just like she can't as Secretary of State:

Quote: “Just look at her invasion of Libya and her handling of Benghazi — a disaster. Look at her handling of emails, which put America’s entire national security at risk.”

At that statement, some audience members suddenly interrupted Trump’s speech with a chant that has taken hold at his rallies in recent weeks: “Lock her up! Lock her up!”

Speaking of screwing up, Trump mentions how she allowed ISIS to become a strength:

Quote:The GOP nominee also accused Clinton of backing foreign policies that have weakened America’s standing in the world and opened the door to threats such as ISIS. And he slammed Democrats for not mentioning the terrorism threat during the first day of the Democratic National Convention Monday.

“You didn’t hear it,” Trump said. “They don’t want to talk about it because in a very true way, they really established ISIS because of weakness. The people in this room know better than anybody else … what I mean by weakness.”

That's something I've said since the start and it began with Obama doing things like apologizing "for America's arrogance."

Clinton would be four more years of the same, and, like Trump so brilliantly stated with this quote, "we can’t fix a rigged system by electing the people who rigged it in the first place."

RE: Trump Promises To Do More For Veterans Than Anyone - JustWinBaby - 07-26-2016

But only the ones who were never captured?

RE: Trump Promises To Do More For Veterans Than Anyone - jason - 07-26-2016

I can get up there and make promises out of my ass too. It's called lip service. He hasnt outlined one plan for how to do any of the nonsense he spouts off about. Knowing what to say isn't all that impressive to me.

Clinton sucks too, so you can save the "Democrats just don't like him". Neither candidate nor their parties are fit to lead this country.

RE: Trump Promises To Do More For Veterans Than Anyone - Belsnickel - 07-26-2016

And how are we going to pay for it all? My first question every time.

Every promise that comes out of his or Cilnton's mouth isn't worth the price of their toothpaste. It either isn't affordable or will face hardships in Congress.

RE: Trump Promises To Do More For Veterans Than Anyone - rfaulk34 - 07-26-2016

(07-26-2016, 08:18 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: And how are we going to pay for it all? My first question every time.

Every promise that comes out of his or Cilnton's mouth isn't worth the price of their toothpaste. It either isn't affordable or will face hardships in Congress.

And the wheel keeps spinning. I don't think it's even debatable that there are good answers to most of this country's problems. The bigger problem is the ego-driven selfishness of parties on both (all) sides. Everyone wants it their way and not the other guys way(for varying reasons; but i don't want to get too far down the rabbit hole) and, as usual, the 9-5 middle-class folk are the ones that get screwed. 

If i sit and think about it, it almost, literally, blows my mind that grownups can act the way politicians do and get away with it when answers are readily available to anyone that wants to set ego aside and make a difference. As long as they're comfortable enough, no change is needed. The masses be damned!!

Maybe i'm giving them too much credit, that they can realize answers are there for the taking. Ah, screw it. I had more but i now declare this rant, over. 

RE: Trump Promises To Do More For Veterans Than Anyone - wildcats forever - 07-26-2016

I am aware that he has personally assisted an immigrant, so he seems to possess one positive virtue.

RE: Trump Promises To Do More For Veterans Than Anyone - fredtoast - 07-26-2016

(07-26-2016, 07:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote:
Speaking of screwing up, Trump mentions how she allowed ISIS to become a strength:

Actually he doesn't day "how" at all.  He just claims that she did it.

Exactly what foreign policy did Clinton "back" that allowed ISIS to become a strength?

RE: Trump Promises To Do More For Veterans Than Anyone - CKwi88 - 07-26-2016

(07-26-2016, 08:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually he doesn't day "how" at all.  He just claims that she did it.

Exactly what foreign policy did Clinton "back" that allowed ISIS to4 become a strength?

The Democratic kind...obviously.

Ninja

RE: Trump Promises To Do More For Veterans Than Anyone - bfine32 - 07-26-2016

(07-26-2016, 08:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Exactly what foreign policy did Clinton "back" that allowed ISIS to become a strength?

None?

RE: Trump Promises To Do More For Veterans Than Anyone - jason - 07-26-2016

(07-26-2016, 08:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually he doesn't day "how" at all.  He just claims that she did it.

Exactly what foreign policy did Clinton "back" that allowed ISIS to become a strength?
I think it's just implied that they rose to power because Clinton and Obama are "weak".

RE: Trump Promises To Do More For Veterans Than Anyone - McC - 07-26-2016

(07-26-2016, 08:04 PM)jason Wrote: I can get up there and make promises out of my ass too. It's called lip service. He hasnt outlined one plan for how to do any of the nonsense he spouts off about. Knowing what to say isn't all that impressive to me.

Clinton sucks too, so you can save the "Democrats just don't like him". Neither candidate nor their parties are fit to lead this country.

'Tis the season of empty promises.

RE: Trump Promises To Do More For Veterans Than Anyone - NATI BENGALS - 07-27-2016

More... More as in more wars than ever to create more war veterans.

The man with a silver spoon and no political experience is entirely unfit to be the commander in chief with the power to deploy troops.

Disaster will be redefined if this nacarcistic nutjob gets the power of the American military under his control.

RE: Trump Promises To Do More For Veterans Than Anyone - fredtoast - 07-27-2016

(07-27-2016, 01:28 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: More... More as in more wars than ever to create more war veterans.

This.

From what I have heard from Trump our military is going to become much more involved as world police.  So I guess he is lining up a lot more coffins and burial grounds for them.

Because, you know, all we need to fix the problems in the middle east is a lot of military force.  It has always worked so well in the past.  All we have to do is display our military might and every one stops misbehaving.  

RE: Trump Promises To Do More For Veterans Than Anyone - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-27-2016

(07-26-2016, 09:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: None?

Voted for the authorization of military force against Iraq

RE: Trump Promises To Do More For Veterans Than Anyone - Nately120 - 07-27-2016

(07-26-2016, 08:18 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: And how are we going to pay for it all? My first question every time.

Trump's supporters talk about how he's a savvy businessman and that is going to be the reason he's an effective president, yet they don't seem to think that might mean he might look at the bottom line of "doing more for veterans than anyone" and deem it an unwise investment with a lousy return.

I'm no high-powered businessman, but don't investors (in this case the American populace) need to hear some concrete plans and reasons behind them before they get on board?  If I go into a bank and say I want a loan so I can make the best donut shop, a great donut shop, a donut shop that will be really great and take donut shops back to the golden age of local business they are going to say "That's nice, so where is your business plan and ROI forecasts?"  

But for some reason the best businessman in America can just sell us on feelings and words.  Funny, I always thought feelings and emotion-based voting was for Democrats.

RE: Trump Promises To Do More For Veterans Than Anyone - Belsnickel - 07-27-2016

(07-27-2016, 12:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump's supporters talk about how he's a savvy businessman and that is going to be the reason he's an effective president, yet they don't seem to think that might mean he might look at the bottom line of "doing more for veterans than anyone" and deem it an unwise investment with a lousy return.

I'm no high-powered businessman, but don't investors (in this case the American populace) need to hear some concrete plans and reasons behind them before they get on board?  If I go into a bank and say I want a loan so I can make the best donut shop, a great donut shop, a donut shop that will be really great and take donut shops back to the golden age of local business they are going to say "That's nice, so where is your business plan and ROI forecasts?"  

But for some reason the best businessman in America can just sell us on feelings and words.  Funny, I always thought feelings and emotion-based voting was for Democrats.

Did you see John Ooliver's thing on that?

RE: Trump Promises To Do More For Veterans Than Anyone - GMDino - 07-27-2016

(07-27-2016, 12:49 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Did you see John Ooliver's thing on that?

It was brilliant.

RE: Trump Promises To Do More For Veterans Than Anyone - SteelCitySouth - 07-27-2016

RE: Trump Promises To Do More For Veterans Than Anyone - Nately120 - 07-27-2016

(07-27-2016, 12:49 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Did you see John Ooliver's thing on that?

I did, but I've been thinking about it since 2008 when my right-wing gf at the time told me only democrats vote with their emotions.  Oof.

Anyho, it's amazing (and it's not just Trump) the way I had to provide more financial analysis and planning for a project in my 12th grade economics class than someone running for president seems to be asked to do. I wish I could have just written about how my mock business was going to be the best and was going to succeed when we've become so accustomed to miserable failure!

RE: Trump Promises To Do More For Veterans Than Anyone - BmorePat87 - 07-27-2016

(07-26-2016, 07:15 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: But only the ones who were never captured?

Even if he "avoided" service, he went to military school, so he knows that anyone who was captured isn't a hero, they're a loser. Winners do not have time for losers.