Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
McCarron hype gaining steam - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: McCarron hype gaining steam (/Thread-McCarron-hype-gaining-steam)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - fredtoast - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 02:49 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Honestly, you can keep making a mockery out of my posts all you'd like, but you look literally ******** if you can't tell that a post was a joke that made comparisons with football players and myself having sex with a super model. You sound dopey that you keep going on about this and can't let it go.

And you look like a moron when you keep acting like the fact that it was phrased as a joke does not mean you were trying to make a point.

As I said before (maybe you will get it this time)  I could sling out some very offensive insults in the form of a joke.  But they are still insults.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - Rotobeast - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 02:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If AJ was that talented an injury wouldn't matter.  Todd Gurly had a worse injury than McCarron and he went #10 overall.  Our own first round draft pick is injured.  QBs are the most valuable players in the league.  If McCarron was any good teams would have drafted him higher.

All the other teams knew that his old lady would be a distraction.
Ninja

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - djs7685 - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 02:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And you look like a moron when you keep acting like the fact that it was phrased as a joke does not mean you were trying to make a point.

As I said before (maybe you will get it this time)  I could sling out some very offensive insults in the form of a joke.  But they are still insults.

The "point" to my joke would have been that there's almost 0% chance that Andy can win a playoff game (same chances as me and Gisele hooking up), but I've clearly stated multiple times in conversations with others and YOU that I do believe Andy can win a playoff game.

I don't know exactly how likely it is, but I think he absolutely can play better and the rest of the team could help to win one as well even if he plays like crap. It's definitely a possibility and I've never said it was impossible in the past.

Hence, the joke. Me banging Gisele = joke. Using a point that I've clearly stated the opposite opinion 500 times in recent memory = part of the joke. Whether you find it funny or not doesn't make it any less of a joke and doesn't mean that I automatically have super serious feelings toward the "point" that my post made.

I made a completely harmless joke, and you Brad'd the **** out of this entire situation. Holy shit, man.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - XenoMorph - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 02:55 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: All the other teams knew that his old lady would be a distraction.
Ninja

sometimes i think that was the reason we drafted him lol j/k

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - Rotobeast - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 03:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: sometimes i think that was the reason we drafted him lol j/k

She could prompt ticket sales at games that seem to be a non-contest.
ThumbsUp

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - Tiger Teeth - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 03:15 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: She could prompt ticket sales at games that seem to be a non-contest.
ThumbsUp

That's not all she could "prompt".

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - FanStuckInIndy - 06-23-2015

...like a cold potato.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - McC - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 03:14 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Why don't you try quoting the post you're referring to and actually taking time to address the points?

Has the entire team failed under Marvin Lewis? Have guys like Chad, AJ, Gio, Atkins, Dunlap, MJ, Rey M (and many more) choked in postseason? If the entire team chokes, and Dalton is part of the team, why is he singled out as if he's immune to poor coaching? Or maybe you don't think poor coaching/planning is a problem?

Might have something to do with the fact that the QB is the guy with the ball in his hands on every offensive play and the other fact that if the QB stinks in a particular game, the  other 45 guys are gonna have a ***** of a time overcoming that.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - OSUfan - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 03:33 PM)McC Wrote: Might have something to do with the fact that the QB is the guy with the ball in his hands on every offensive play and the other fact that if the QB stinks in a particular game, the  other 45 guys are gonna have a ***** of a time overcoming that.

So the if the QB has a bad series that when the defense takes the field that they should have problems rushing the passer, problems covering receivers, tackling the runner, etc. because the QB had a bad series? That is an extremely interesting theory you have there.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - Nately120 - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 03:56 PM)OSUfan Wrote: So the if the QB has a bad series that when the defense takes the field that they should have problems rushing the passer, problems covering receivers, tackling the runner, etc. because the QB had a bad series? That is an extremely interesting theory you have there.

You tell him!  Next thing he'll try to say is the defense has a harder time defending a 20-yard field follwoing an offensive turnover.  Don't fall for it! Ninja

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - CornerBlitz - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 03:33 PM)McC Wrote: Might have something to do with the fact that the QB is the guy with the ball in his hands on every offensive play and the other fact that if the QB stinks in a particular game, the  other 45 guys are gonna have a ***** of a time overcoming that.

Exactly........according to this logic the punter is just as important as the QB because he's part of the roster. The QB is the driving force of the offense and if the team hasn't scored more than 10 points in any of his playoff games (under multiple coordinators) it is a direct reflection of his inferior play.

I'm not sure why people have such a tough time with this......the QB is the most important position in football by far.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - djs7685 - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 03:56 PM)OSUfan Wrote: So the if the QB has a bad series that when the defense takes the field that they should have problems rushing the passer, problems covering receivers, tackling the runner, etc. because the QB had a bad series? That is an extremely interesting theory you have there.

So if the defense has a bad series the QB should have problems finding open receivers, throwing accurate passes, not turning the ball over, etc. because the defense had a bad series? That is an extremely interesting theory you have there.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - Brownshoe - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 04:22 PM)djs7685 Wrote: So if the defense has a bad series the QB should have problems finding open receivers, throwing accurate passes, not turning the ball over, etc. because the defense had a bad series? That is an extremely interesting theory you have there.

So if the OL is having a bad series, and the receivers are having a hard time getting open the QB should still produce good results? That is an extremely interesting theory you have there.

(06-23-2015, 02:20 PM)BengalD Wrote: Listen - I'm not an Andy Basher.  But I have watched and played enough football to see that there is a good sized talent difference between these two guys.  Hell - I hope Andy leads us to the promised land - I've only been waiting since 68!  Bottom line is AJ was a four year starter at one of / if not the countries largest college program and won two national championships while competing in the SEC.  Look at the stat links below and you tell me, if both were available in the same draft class and you needed a QB, who would you take? 

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/aj-mccarron-1.html

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/andy-dalton-1.html

I'm throwing in Andrew Lucks (who you can't argue is on his way to being in Payton Manning class) college numbers as well for a comparison.  Not going to elaborate any further - sorry if I ruffled any Andy feathers out there! Go Andy! (just don't get hurt!).

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/andrew-luck-1.html

Alabama-

2009 - Greg McElroy
1992 - Jay Barker
1979 - Steadman Shealy
1978 - Jeff Rutledge
1977 - Jeff Rutledge
1975 - Richard Todd
1973 - Gary Rutledge

SEC -

2009 - Greg McElroy
2008 - Tim Tebow
2007 - Matt Flynn
2006 - Chris Leake
2003 - Matt Mauck
1998 - Peyton Manning
1996 - Doug Johnson
1993 - Stan White
1992 - Jay Barker
1984 - Kerwin Bell
1983 - Pat Washington
1980 - Buck Belue
1979 - Steadman Shealy
1978 - Jeff Rutledge
1977 - Jeff Rutledge
1977 - Richard Todd

Not sure if the entire being a SEC and/or Alabama QB with National Championships makes the resume that stellar do you?

(06-23-2015, 04:22 PM)djs7685 Wrote: So if the defense has a bad series the QB should have problems finding open receivers, throwing accurate passes, not turning the ball over, etc. because the defense had a bad series? That is an extremely interesting theory you have there.

Not at all and can you please reference me to where I stated these things? I stated the entire team needs to show up in the playoffs and that the blame is not on any one individual. I will be waiting for the link to statements made otherwise by myself. Look forward to you producing these links.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - McC - 06-23-2015

Except, it's not a theory.  It's a fact.  If the point guard keeps turning the ball over in the back court, it's gonna make it pretty hard for the other guys to score.  If the pitcher keeps giving up homers, it's gonna make it extra hard for the other guys to get a win.  If the goalie is a sieve...well, you get the point.  There's one guy who controls the outcome more than all the rest.

Doesn't excuse poor play from anyone else.  But the question was why does Andy take the most blame.  That's the answer.

It's simple logic, really.  All it takes is average intelligence to see it.  That, an open mind and and not just trying to argue.

The question was not is that fair.  That's a different question.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - CornerBlitz - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 04:36 PM)McC Wrote: Except, it's not a theory.  It's a fact.  If the point guard keeps turning the ball over in the back court, it's gonna make it pretty hard for the other guys to score.  If the pitcher keeps giving up homers, it's gonna make it extra hard for the other guys to get a win.  If the goalie is a sieve...well, you get the point.  There's one guy who controls the outcome more than all the rest.

Doesn't excuse poor play from anyone else.  But the question was why does Andy take the most blame.  That's the answer.

It's simple logic, really.  All it takes is average intelligence to see it.  That, an open mind and and not just trying to argue.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - Tiger Teeth - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 04:36 PM)McC Wrote: Except, it's not a theory.  It's a fact.  If the point guard keeps turning the ball over in the back court, it's gonna make it pretty hard for the other guys to score.  If the pitcher keeps giving up homers, it's gonna make it extra hard for the other guys to get a win.  If the goalie is a sieve...well, you get the point.  There's one guy who controls the outcome more than all the rest.

Boy that seems to have quieted things down.  Good post!

So if your QB throws for 7 TDs but the defense gives up 8 TDs then the QB is to play because he did not throw 9 TDs correct?

(06-23-2015, 04:52 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Boy that seems to have quieted things down.  Good post!

No it really quieted nothing down it is just that some were not online at the time he made his post. .............. ThumbsUp