Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
McCarron hype gaining steam - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: McCarron hype gaining steam (/Thread-McCarron-hype-gaining-steam)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - OSUfan - 06-30-2015

(06-30-2015, 12:12 PM)PhilHos Wrote: For someone complaining about someone else's reading issues, you sure do have them of your own. Almost NO ONE is giving Dalton a free pass. 99% of posters on here KNOW that Dalton has sucked/played poorly in the playoffs. But, unfortunately, it seems that a lot less don't understand that it's not only Dalton that has failed in the post season. 

In all honesty, I've NEVER seen anyone claim that it's not Dalton's fault that he played poorly in the post season. I have, however, seen people bring up that other aspects of the team have fared just as poorly and people with reading issues like yours can't seem to understand that these people aren't excusing Dalton, but bringing up other issues that need addressed as well.

I want my team to win a Super Bowl and in order for that to happen, then they need to fix ALL the problems, not just the ones at QB.

Best post of the thread and complete truth. Now.....thread/

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - PDub80 - 06-30-2015

He is 1:6 TD:INT ratio and has fumbled 4 times, losing at least one of those.

Here is an article with a description of AD's last playoff game where the Bengals had, basically, their full squad.

WARNING: PAINFUL GIFs INSIDE

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/1/5/5277242/andy-dalton-postseason-interceptions-bengals-chargers

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - fredtoast - 06-30-2015

(06-30-2015, 05:19 PM)PDub80 Wrote: He is 1:6 TD:INT ratio and has fumbled 4 times, losing at least one of those.

Here is an article with a description of AD's last playoff game where the Bengals had, basically, their full squad.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/1/5/5277242/andy-dalton-postseason-interceptions-bengals-chargers

Wow, that changes everything.

I don't think anyone here knew about any of this.

Rolleyes

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - OSUfan - 06-30-2015

(06-30-2015, 05:19 PM)PDub80 Wrote: He is 1:6 TD:INT ratio and has fumbled 4 times, losing at least one of those.

OH NO !!!

Someone wrote an article. Well, I guess that clears up the entire debate now doesn't it?

(Warning: That was sarcasm incase you missed it)

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - Junglejuice - 07-02-2015

What we lost a playoff game??

No way!!!!!!

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - Hammerthis - 07-02-2015

(06-30-2015, 01:36 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't see what's so hard to understand. 99% of players choke under Marvin. Dalton is a player.

It's not an excuse, it's reality. For anyone who thinks I'm biased, check my response in the Russell Wilson thread.

Ultimately, I'd be ok with replacing both QB and HC. All I'm saying is that as long as Marvin Lewis is coaching this team, expect every QB (and the entire team) to choke in the playoffs and prime time. I'd love to replace Dalton with Philip Rivers, Russell Wilson or a top "can't miss" QB prospect. Heck, I even said I'd consider (maybe) an even swap for Kaepernick. So I'm pretty realistic about our QB. I'm also realistic about our HC and how the entire team (QB included) has choked in the bright lights.

There's 12 years of evidence for anyone who has been paying attention. Why does everyone get a pass for choking (thanks to Marv's track record), but somehow people think Dalton is immune to whatever has caused everyone else to choke? Of course, I know that question will be ignored.
Pump your brakes a little. For a HC that turned around this pathetic organization, you're too harsh on ML.  99% of the players under ML choke? I don't ever recall seeing or reading such, and I've been to all the playoff games.
Interesting enough, you'll talk negative of Andy, but only with ML or the entire team shouldering the blunt of his failures.  Judging QB's individual performance is what I enjoy doing and I'd take ML as my HC before Andy as my QB.
Andy's not the only problem on this team, but in terms of performance on the field (key points of games), he's not the guy you want with the ball in his hands. Defenders even say "They love playing against our QB because it's not like him to perform well when he's needed." Yikes! But we're stuck with Andy so I guess I'll continue to root for him. Rolleyes

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - Hammerthis - 07-02-2015

But Andy's not the only problem, so.....look away!?

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - Interceptor - 07-02-2015

That wasn't painful. That's how he rolls. Accept it. 

If that's not Andy, then who was QB for the past 4 playoff games?

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - bearstronaut - 07-02-2015

Peyton had 0 playoff wins and 1 playoff passing touchdown going into his 6th year. Should they have blown up Peyton and Dungy? It took Matt Ryan 5 years to win a playoff game. And they were both top 3 picks. I feel like our second round QB should be afforded at least as much leeway as those 2. It's hard to win NFL playoff games. Neither of them were able to do it until everything came together, roster and coaching. I still support Dalton and Lewis.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - fredtoast - 07-02-2015

(07-02-2015, 07:57 PM)bearstronaut Wrote: Peyton had 0 playoff wins and 1 playoff passing touchdown going into his 6th year.  Should they have blown up Peyton and Dungy?  It took Matt Ryan 5 years to win a playoff game.  And they were both top 3 picks.  I feel like our second round QB should be afforded at least as much leeway as those 2.  It's hard to win NFL playoff games.   Neither of them were able to do it until everything came together, roster and coaching.  I still support Dalton and Lewis.

It took Ken Anderson 11 years to win his first playoff game.

Drew Brees 6.

Rich Gannon 13.

Chris Chandler 11.

Randall Cunningham 8.

Len Dawson 7 years.

Boomer 5.

Joe Ferguson 8.

Dan Fouts 8.

Rich Gannon 13.

Bob Griese 5.

Matt Hassellbeck 7.

Billy Kilmer 10.

Steve McNair 5.

Craig Morton 6.

Dan Pastorini 8.

Jim Plunkett 10.

Tony Romo 6.

Phil Simms 5.

Bart Starr 6.

Fran Tarkenton 13.

Joe Theisman 9.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - bearstronaut - 07-02-2015

(07-02-2015, 08:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It took Ken Anderson 11 years to win his first playoff game.

Drew Brees 6.

Rich Gannon 13.

Chris Chandler 11.

Randall Cunningham 8.

Len Dawson 7 years.

Boomer 5.

Joe Ferguson 8.

Dan Fouts 8.

Rich Gannon 13.

Bob Griese 5.

Matt Hassellbeck 7.

Billy Kilmer 10.

Steve McNair 5.

Craig Morton 6.

Dan Pastorini 8.

Jim Plunkett 10.

Tony Romo 6.

Phil Simms 5.

Bart Starr 6.

Fran Tarkenton 13.

Joe Theisman 9.

Precisely my point.  Although I have higher hopes for Dalton than half of the guys on that list.  But it's just annoying when people don't say see that it takes time.  They all have man crushes on guys like Wilson and Kaepernick who made it straight to Superbowls with exceptional teams around them.   The second story on the AFC North blog right now is 3 guys saying "There's no reason to think Dalton will ever win a playoff game because he hasn't won one yet."  What kind of logic is that?  I truely believe this is the year it all comes together, and I'm not a serial homer and optimist like some are.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - Shake n Blake - 07-02-2015

(07-02-2015, 06:36 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Pump your brakes a little. For a HC that turned around this pathetic organization, you're too harsh on ML.  99% of the players under ML choke? I don't ever recall seeing or reading such, and I've been to all the playoff games.
Interesting enough, you'll talk negative of Andy, but only with ML or the entire team shouldering the blunt of his failures.  Judging QB's individual performance is what I enjoy doing and I'd take ML as my HC before Andy as my QB.
Andy's not the only problem on this team, but in terms of performance on the field (key points of games), he's not the guy you want with the ball in his hands. Defenders even say "They love playing against our QB because it's not like him to perform well when he's needed." Yikes! But we're stuck with Andy so I guess I'll continue to root for him.

Name a dozen players who really stepped up and made a difference in the last 6 playoff games. I'll wait. I've asked this question in the past, and the response I get is:

CedBen's big game vs the Jets
MLJ vs the Chargers
Maualuga had 11 tackles vs the Texans once Yawn
BJGE averaged 4.6 YPC once (Nevermind that it was on like 9 carries)

If you haven't heard about the prime time and playoff struggles over the last 12 years, I at least hope you got some sleep while you were under that rock.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - CornerBlitz - 07-03-2015

It's hard for any offensive player to "step up" especially when your QB is playing like he belongs on a high school team.

The main people that we should hold accountable are the good players that you expect quite a bit from such as Whitworth, AJ Green, Hill, Hall, Atkins, Burfict and obviously the QB because the ball is in his hands every play.

I'm not sure how you judge a G or C and determine if he "stepped up"..there are so many things that go into a game. For example how can you say the defense stinks when the offense can't move the ball and hasn't scored more than 10 points in any of their playoff games or the offense keeps turning the ball over. The offense, particularly the QB gives no chance for the defense to step up. Besides all that we all acknowledge the team isn't very good in prime time or the playoffs so what is the point of even discussing that? People want to argue about things most of us already agree about.

I just think it is hilarious that we can't blame the QB for his horrific play in the playoffs. I've already conceited to you that Marvin is a bum...why can't you clowns concede that Dalton isn't too far behind him. You want to talk about other players go right ahead and create a thread about them and we can analyze his performance in the playoffs. Last time I checked this thread is about the QB position.

But please stop with the excuses...it's tiring and old. Dalton lovers need to realize your prized QB isn't getting it done.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - bengalfan74 - 07-03-2015

(07-02-2015, 06:36 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Pump your brakes a little. For a HC that turned around this pathetic organization, you're too harsh on ML.  99% of the players under ML choke? I don't ever recall seeing or reading such, and I've been to all the playoff games.
Andy's not the only problem on this team, but in terms of performance on the field (key points of games), he's not the guy you want with the ball in his hands. Defenders even say "They love playing against our QB because it's not like him to perform well when he's needed." Yikes! But we're stuck with Andy so I guess I'll continue to root for him. Rolleyes

Let me get this straight. You'd take a coach who has yet to get his first playoff win in 12 seasons ? You'd take a coach who's yet to field a team in 6 tries that even looks like they really belong in the playoffs ? You'd take a coach whom has guided his team to 13 second half point in 6 games - combined ?

In the NFL the future is yesterday ! 4 years is a lifetime of no playoff success. 6 years is an eternity of failure. 8 years is so far out there in forever land of flopping it's unheard of. 12 years ????

Can I get some of what you're drinking ?

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - OSUfan - 07-03-2015

(07-03-2015, 12:16 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Let me get this straight. You'd take a coach who has yet to get his first playoff win in 12 seasons ? You'd take a coach who's yet to field a team in 6 tries that even looks like they really belong in the playoffs ? You'd take a coach whom has guided his team to 13 second half point in 6 games - combined ?

In the NFL the future is yesterday ! 4 years is a lifetime of no playoff success. 6 years is an eternity of failure. 8 years is so far out there in forever land of flopping it's unheard of. 12 years ????

Hammer will go any length to bash Andy Dalton.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - OSUfan - 07-03-2015

(07-02-2015, 08:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It took Ken Anderson 11 years to win his first playoff game.

Drew Brees 6.

Rich Gannon 13.

Chris Chandler 11.

Randall Cunningham 8.

Len Dawson 7 years.

Boomer 5.

Joe Ferguson 8.

Dan Fouts 8.

Rich Gannon 13.

Bob Griese 5.

Matt Hassellbeck 7.

Billy Kilmer 10.

Steve McNair 5.

Craig Morton 6.

Dan Pastorini 8.

Jim Plunkett 10.

Tony Romo 6.

Phil Simms 5.

Bart Starr 6.

Fran Tarkenton 13.

Joe Theisman 9.

Stop with the common sense there is no place for it in this or any other thread designed to bash Andy Dalton.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - Beaker - 07-03-2015

So should they start AJ McCarron over Andy Dalton or not?

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - fredtoast - 07-03-2015

(07-03-2015, 12:16 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Let me get this straight. You'd take a coach who has yet to get his first playoff win in 12 seasons ? You'd take a coach who's yet to field a team in 6 tries that even looks like they really belong in the playoffs ? You'd take a coach whom has guided his team to 13 second half point in 6 games - combined ?

What available coach would you replace him with?

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - fredtoast - 07-03-2015

(07-03-2015, 12:03 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I just think it is hilarious that we can't blame the QB for his horrific play in the playoffs.

Every single person here does.

Why can't you understand such a simple concept?

We all agree that Dalton has not played well.  We all just point out that the defense and running game has not worked either. 

Your attempts to blame Dalton for the poor defensive play shows that you really don't want to face the truth.  Dalton has nothing to do with the play of the defense. 

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - Hammerthis - 07-03-2015

It's as simple as this, from his OL, WRs, Rbs and defense, Andy's had everything first class. I'd like to see ML with the same. Is that ok? Confused