Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
McCarron hype gaining steam - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: McCarron hype gaining steam (/Thread-McCarron-hype-gaining-steam)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - XenoMorph - 06-22-2015

(06-22-2015, 04:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Dilfer's playoff performances > Dalton's playoff performances

Saying "Dilfer did it" doesn't hold water until Andy steps his game up in the post-season.  Just saying.

what year in his career was dilfer in when that superbowl happened? Just wondering.

It would be nice if we found a Tom brady.... but QBs especially now are researched to death and back. Best i would hope for this year is he can come in and finish the game(and play well) if something were to happen to dalton.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - Junglejuice - 06-22-2015

(06-22-2015, 04:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Dilfer's playoff performances > Dalton's playoff performances

Saying "Dilfer did it" doesn't hold water until Andy steps his game up in the post-season.  Just saying.

Dilfer's defense also actually performed in the postseason Ninja Ninja Ninja

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - fredtoast - 06-22-2015

Dalton's playoff performance > Boomer's playoff performance

Yet Boomer is treated like a god around here.

I am not saying that the fact Boomer sucked in the playoffs makes it okay for Dalton to suck in the playoffs.  Just saying that winning changes people's perception of reality.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - CornerBlitz - 06-22-2015

(06-22-2015, 07:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dalton's playoff performance > Boomer's playoff performance

Complete and utter nonsense. Boomer with the Bengals threw for 4 TD and 3 Int with a QB rating around 75.  Besides that he actually won multiple games in the playoffs and his team was within a crazy drive from Montana of winning the superbowl. Dalton on the other hand has only thrown 1 Td and 7 Int with a QB rating in the 50s.  His team hasn't scored more than 10 points in any of the playoff games and he is 0-4. Boomer>Dalton without question in the playoffs.

This is the type of nonsense I hate to see on here. Bringing down legends like Boomer in order to hype up ole stumblin' bumblin' Dalton.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - SHRacerX - 06-22-2015

Did you see the link I posted with his playoff #s?  And exactly what was he asked to do for those teams?  Worlds apart.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - t3r3e3 - 06-22-2015

(06-21-2015, 10:28 PM)spazz70 Wrote: I broke every game down in one of my posts...go back and read it....Having Dalton throw the ball 40-50 times in a game like he had to in 2 of them is not his style and I do not expect it to be..I understand his faults....I am not making excuses for him...I am saying to not put him into those positions in those games...When the defense cannot stop the run game of another team and we fall behind 2 scores when the team came in as the number 3 defense that does not fall on Dalton's shoulders...Asking Dalton to take the team on his shoulders because our defense cannot stop the other team does not fall on his shoulders...If any of you do not understand this then I do not know what else to say....This entire team has crapped its pants every single playoff game...Forcing Dalton to carry this team is not going to work and we all know that....  Someone said that when Dalton has a bad game no one blames him...I blame him 100% if he does....But I also have a hard time blaming him 100% when the rest of the team plays like total crap or the coaching staff does something stupid...Not throw to AJ for an entire half on purpose...Stop running with BJGE when he is averaging 5 YPC....Getting down in the 3rd Q by 10 points and throwing the rest of the game (28 attempts that half).... It is an entire team effort...Whether Dalton played poorly or not does not mean that the game should be lost.....

I agree with most of what you said, FWIW, especially about the coaching staff. Dalton's best game was easily the second Houston game. The problem with hiding the QB and not asking him to carry the team is that everyone you play on the Playoffs is going to be good. As such, the QB has to show up and play. Andy can be hidden in The game plan against the Browns and Bucs of the world, but against legitimate Super Bowl contenders? He has to show up and show out, and he also plays the single most important position in football. Entering his 5th NFL season as starter, isn't it reasonable to expect more out of the starting QB than hiding him in the gameplay?

(06-22-2015, 07:33 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: I agree with most of what you said, FWIW, especially about the coaching staff.  Dalton's best game was easily the second Houston game.  The problem with hiding the QB and not asking him to carry the team is that everyone you play in the Playoffs is going to be good.  As such, the QB has to show up and play.  Andy can be Minimized in the game plan against the Browns and Bucs of the world, but against legitimate Super Bowl contenders?  He has to show up and show out, and he also plays the single most important position in football.  Entering his 5th NFL season as starter, isn't it reasonable to expect more out of the starting QB than hiding him in the gameplan scheme?
Pat the end of the day, all we want is Playoff wins, and to be a legitimate threat to win a Super Bowl. I don't care who is the QB or HC, just that the next step is taken.

(06-22-2015, 07:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dalton's playoff performance > Boomer's playoff performance

I am not saying that the fact Boomer sucked in the playoffs makes it okay for Dalton to suck in the playoffs.  Just saying that winning changes people's perception of reality.

Ths might be the single most ludicrous thing posted on ths new forum. I know you're a lawyer, so you're paid to talk out of your @ss, but really? Really? Boomer has more TD's, less turnovers, and a passer rating at least 20 points higher. And oh yeah, he played well enough to win multiple Playoff games. How is that worse? You move to Colorado and start partaking lately?

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - spazz70 - 06-22-2015

(06-22-2015, 07:40 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Ths might be the single most ludicrous thing posted on ths new forum.  I know you're a lawyer, so you're paid to talk out of your @ss, but really?  Really?  Boomer has more TD's, less turnovers, and a passer rating at least 20 points higher.  And oh yeah, he played well enough to win multiple Playoff games.  How is that worse?  You move to Colorado and start partaking lately?

This is just the point I was making earlier...go look at Boomer's playoff line in the 88 season...he was horrid....just as bad as Dalton if not worse..his highest Rating in that playoff run was 56.5...BUT...you know what......he won playoff games..that takes all the heat off his shoulders...and like I said earlier...IF the whole team shows up to play then Dalton while not playing great, played well enough to win in at least 2 of those games.....but he didn't, so he takes all the blame

(06-22-2015, 07:40 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Ths might be the single most ludicrous thing posted on ths new forum.  I know you're a lawyer, so you're paid to talk out of your @ss, but really?  Really?  Boomer has more TD's, less turnovers, and a passer rating at least 20 points higher.  And oh yeah, he played well enough to win multiple Playoff games.  How is that worse?  You move to Colorado and start partaking lately?

The point went over your head.  why am I not surprised?

How is Boomer's 11-20, 94 yds, 1 td, and 2 ints "good enough to win", and Dalton's 29-51, 334 yds, 1 td and 2 ints  not "good enough to win"?

Maybe, just maybe, the bengals recent playoff losses are not 100% Dalton's fault?

As I said before, the fact that Boomer sucked in our Super Bowl run does not mean it is okay for Dalton to suck in the playoffs.  But winning changes the perception of reality.  Boomer never even made the playoffs until his fifth season and then he had passer ratings of 56.5, 44.6, and 46.1 with an average of 115 passing yards per game in our Super Bowl run and people around here treat him like a god.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - Nately120 - 06-22-2015

(06-22-2015, 06:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: what year in his career was dilfer in when that superbowl happened? Just wondering.

It would be nice if we found a Tom brady.... but QBs especially now are researched to death and back.   Best i would hope for this year is he can come in and finish the game(and play well) if something were to happen to dalton.

When did I mention that I expected Andy Dalton to have won the Super Bowl by now OR become Tom Brady?  I'm just saying he isn't even up to Dilfer standards in the playoffs yet, so let's can the "Dilfer did it, so can Andy" argument until further notice.

That's all. 

This isn't even true.  Let's just make crap up.

Dalton's playoff performance >>>>>>>> Michael Jordan's dog's playoff performance

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - CornerBlitz - 06-22-2015

(06-22-2015, 09:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This isn't even true.  Let's just make crap up.

Dalton's playoff performance >>>>>>>> Michael Jordan's dog's playoff performance

ThumbsUp

I've seen some absurd comments from him on the old forum but this one might top them all.

(06-22-2015, 07:31 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Did you see the link I posted with his playoff #s?  And exactly what was he asked to do for those teams?  Worlds apart.

I've seen Dilfer's playoff numbers and they aren't pretty.  With that being said, his numbers are better than Dalton's.  So I suppose your argument that any QB can win the Super Bowl now applies to QB's with numbers worse than Dilfer, too?  Good news, Blaine Gabbert, you can win the Super Bowl!!!!

Hell, anyone can win it! This is more the reason to drop Dalton's salary and start McCarron. Your buddy Palmer stunk it up in the playoffs, but hey....Trent Dilfer!

Dalton's playoff performance > Boomers playoff performance in our '88 super Bowl run.

There, do you guys get the point now? I seriously doubt everyone thinks Boomer is so great because he won one playoff game in 1990.

Boomer's post season suckage does not excuse Dalton's postseason suckage, but it doeas show how winning changes everyone's perception of reality.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - Shake n Blake - 06-22-2015

Almost every player in every playoff game has sucked under Marvin Lewis, yet people talk about Dalton as if he's supposed to be immune to whatever is causing everyone else to suck.

If the head ball coach weren't 0-6 in playoff games with a terrible record in prime time, I'd be be joining everyone else in the Dalton bash fest. Palmer sucked in prime time too. So has the whole team for the last 12 years. Playoff/Prime-time games haven't been kind to anyone for a long time.

So why is Dalton singled out? We all know he's somewhere around average. Yet we've also seen all of our elite players disappear as well (Chad, AJ, Gio, Geno, Dunlap to name a few).

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - rfaulk34 - 06-22-2015

(06-22-2015, 10:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dalton's playoff performance > Boomers playoff performance in our '88 super Bowl run.

There, do you guys get the point now?  I seriously doubt everyone thinks Boomer is so great because he won one playoff game in 1990.

Boomer's post season suckage does not excuse Dalton's postseason suckage, but it doeas show how winning changes everyone's perception of reality.

It's true that playing in a winning playoff game changes perception but i'd say Boomer did more than enough in his career that he didn't need perception. 

Strip away the playoffs completely and he's still considered a top 5-10 QB for his time. That's why he's treated like a god.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - bengalfan74 - 06-22-2015

(06-22-2015, 10:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Almost every player in every playoff game has sucked under Marvin Lewis, yet people talk about Dalton as if he's supposed to be immune to whatever is causing everyone else to suck.

If the head ball coach weren't 0-6 in playoff games with a terrible record in prime time, I'd be be joining everyone else in the Dalton bash fest. Palmer sucked in prime time too. So has the whole team for the last 12 years. Playoff/Prime-time games haven't been kind to anyone for a long time.

So why is Dalton singled out? We all know he's somewhere around average. Yet we've also seen all of our elite players disappear as well (Chad, AJ, Gio, Geno, Dunlap to name a few).

Spot on !

If you'd go through every season under Lewis and pick out all the "big games", prime time games, and playoffs, ML's record is probably like .225 or something. And in 90% of those games the entire team with rare, isolated exceptions by individuals, has sucked bad.

The entire team looks like they just got off an all weekend drunk, there's no fire, no sense of urgency, nobody looks like they know what they're doing or care ! And like you say this isn't an isolated event. It's taken place over all kinds of different players, different QB's, different OC/DC's and on and on.

Yet somehow Andy Dalton is responsible ? just dumbfounding

Look I'm the first one to say Dalton's spit the bit hard in the playoffs. But he's faaaaaaarrrr from alone !

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - Tiger Teeth - 06-22-2015

This is some funny shit.

(06-22-2015, 10:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's true that playing in a winning playoff game changes perception but i'd say Boomer did more than enough in his career that he didn't need perception. 

Strip away the playoffs completely and he's still considered a top 5-10 QB for his time. That's why he's treated like a god.

But the thing is that he did not even make the playoffs in his first four seasons.

And everyone knows that if a QB does not win a playoff game in his first four seasons he will never ever be able to win one.

He only won 23 games over his first four seasons.  

But here is the worst part.  After a very good season his third year his passer rating dropped from 87.7 to 73.1 his fourth year.  In fact his fourth season he was second in the league in interceptions with 19.  Obviously there was no hope at that point.