Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
McCarron hype gaining steam - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: McCarron hype gaining steam (/Thread-McCarron-hype-gaining-steam)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - Tiger Teeth - 06-22-2015

(06-22-2015, 11:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But the thing is that he did not even make the playoffs in his first four seasons.

And everyone knows that if a QB does not win a playoff game in his first four seasons he will never ever be able to win one.

He only won 23 games over his first four seasons.  

But here is the worst part.  After a very good season his third year his passer rating dropped from 87.7 to 73.1 his fourth year.  In fact his fourth season he was second in the league in interceptions with 19.  Obviously there was no hope at that point.

Are you trying to imply that Dalton is a better QB than Esiason was?

EDIT: I'll wait for your response tomorrow. I'm going to bed.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - 2MinutesHate - 06-22-2015

(06-22-2015, 10:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Almost every player in every playoff game has sucked under Marvin Lewis, yet people talk about Dalton as if he's supposed to be immune to whatever is causing everyone else to suck.

If the head ball coach weren't 0-6 in playoff games with a terrible record in prime time, I'd be be joining everyone else in the Dalton bash fest. Palmer sucked in prime time too. So has the whole team for the last 12 years. Playoff/Prime-time games haven't been kind to anyone for a long time.

So why is Dalton singled out? We all know he's somewhere around average. Yet we've also seen all of our elite players disappear as well (Chad, AJ, Gio, Geno, Dunlap to name a few).

Good post.  Came out firing against the Steelers in 06 and ever since Palmer got hurt, they've just been kicked around the same way, just a different year.  
Given a crystal ball, had the fans known after the 2nd Texans loss in the playoffs that the Bengals would go on to lose the next two playoff games in the first round, people would've been calling for a coaching change.  Fast forward to present day and it seems that pain has faded some.  I doubt MB will pull the trigger on Marvin if he goes 1 and done again this year.  Then again, maybe he gives Hue another shot at the big time.  I guess we could go backwards if Marvin was let go, as MB probably doesn't trust anyone and would seize more control again.  We all know that's not a good thing.

If Palmer stayed and Lewis left, I wonder where they'd be now?  

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - CornerBlitz - 06-23-2015

Ahh the usual responses have come to fruition. Don't point the finger at Dalton folks......all of the blame should be put on Marvin. I seen it coming from a mile away. Must be nice to be the QB of the Bengals....regardless of how much you suck the blame always shifts to the coach. Shoot I could be the QB and some of you suckers would just blame my coach. Hence the QB of the Bengals can never be blamed for anything under this scenario. Not logical at all but some of our most intelligent posters have come to this conclusion because it fits their narrative. Make excuses for Dalton's inferior play at all costs.

Basically nobody can say anything about Dalton as long as Marvin is the head coach. He can play in the next 5 playoff games have a QB rating of 10 and you clowns will still claim that it isn't Dalton's fault.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - Nately120 - 06-23-2015

(06-22-2015, 11:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But the thing is that he did not even make the playoffs in his first four seasons.

And everyone knows that if a QB does not win a playoff game in his first four seasons he will never ever be able to win one.

But here is the worst part.  After a very good season his third year his passer rating dropped from 87.7 to 73.1 his fourth year.  In fact his fourth season he was second in the league in interceptions with 19.  Obviously there was no hope at that point.

Good ol' hope.  Remember when John Elway didn't win a Super Bowl until his 14th season?  And to think, people still think it's ok to pull a QB after he fails to bring home the big one after a decade or so.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - rfaulk34 - 06-23-2015

But you left out the good news. 

Despite all that, in his 5th season, he lead the Bengals to the Super Bowl. 

Andy Dalton is going into his........5th season.  Shocked

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - fredtoast - 06-23-2015

(06-22-2015, 11:49 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: If Palmer stayed and Lewis left, I wonder where they'd be now?  

How many playoff games has Palmer won since leaving the Bengals?

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - BonnieBengal - 06-23-2015

(06-21-2015, 09:23 AM)Toy Cannon Wrote: McCarron is Joe Namath without the fur coat and without the pantyhose.

No he's Tom Brady.  Drafted in later rounds.  Super Model wife. 

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - Rotobeast - 06-23-2015

(06-22-2015, 04:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are entitled to believe anything you want, but it is all in your imagination because McCarron has done nothing in the NFL yet to warrant all of your praise.

BTW as I have said before I hope McCarron developes into a good NFL QB.  We need a good backup.  And if he is better than Andy then I have no problem with that either, but it is just ridiculous to claim he has some magical quality when we have not seen him throw a single pass against NFL competition.

(06-22-2015, 04:48 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Please tell us more.

What situations has he shown the NFL ability to take over? I can not believe that every NFL team passed on these "Dynasty" qualities for 4 rounds and just left this guy sitting for us in the 5th round.

Both of you guys are correct.
I have NOTHING to back up my "thoughts" and "feelings" about AJ and that is all they are.
However, seeing you all talk about how our team wilts in the playoffs, I FEEL that AJ is the type of guy that would compel the rest of the team to pull up their bootstraps and fight like men.
I FEEL he makes the rest of the team better.
Andy is a good QB, but I just FEEL AJ is in the Favre class of leadership.
I'm not sure AJ has the physical skills, but we shall see.

Hey, thanks for calling me out to explain.
I don't post a lot about these things, as I really don't have the football IQ that most of you do.
But, it's great to interact and maybe learn a few things.

Here's hoping Andy and AJ both end up being top tier QBs.
It's good for our team, no matter what.
ThumbsUp

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - Shake n Blake - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 12:07 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Ahh the usual responses have come to fruition. Don't point the finger at Dalton folks......all of the blame should be put on Marvin. I seen it coming from a mile away. Must be nice to be the QB of the Bengals....regardless of how much you suck the blame always shifts to the coach. Shoot I could be the QB and some of you suckers would just blame my coach. Hence the QB of the Bengals can never be blamed for anything under this scenario.  Not logical at all but some of our most intelligent posters have come to this conclusion because it fits their narrative. Make excuses for Dalton's inferior play at all costs.

Basically nobody can say anything about Dalton as long as Marvin is the head coach. He can play in the next 5 playoff games have a QB rating of 10 and you clowns will still claim that it isn't Dalton's fault.

Why don't you try quoting the post you're referring to and actually taking time to address the points?

Has the entire team failed under Marvin Lewis? Have guys like Chad, AJ, Gio, Atkins, Dunlap, MJ, Rey M (and many more) choked in postseason? If the entire team chokes, and Dalton is part of the team, why is he singled out as if he's immune to poor coaching? Or maybe you don't think poor coaching/planning is a problem?

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - J24 - 06-23-2015

Can we wait to see what he does in preseason to see what he can do before we anoint him the new starter?

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - OSUfan - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 12:07 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Ahh the usual responses have come to fruition. Don't point the finger at Dalton folks......all of the blame should be put on Marvin. I seen it coming from a mile away. Must be nice to be the QB of the Bengals....regardless of how much you suck the blame always shifts to the coach. Shoot I could be the QB and some of you suckers would just blame my coach. Hence the QB of the Bengals can never be blamed for anything under this scenario.  Not logical at all but some of our most intelligent posters have come to this conclusion because it fits their narrative. Make excuses for Dalton's inferior play at all costs.

Nothing like insight that is not fueled by complete and utter contempt for a single player is there? Dalton needs to play better period. Just like every single player on the team needs to play better in the postseason. The entire team has had their worst statistical outings on the season in the postseason.

Your bias is nauseating and tired.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - spazz70 - 06-23-2015

(06-22-2015, 07:33 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: I agree with most of what you said, FWIW, especially about the coaching staff.  Dalton's best game was easily the second Houston game.  The problem with hiding the QB and not asking him to carry the team is that everyone you play on the Playoffs is going to be good.  As such, the QB has to show up and play.  Andy can be hidden in The game plan against the Browns and Bucs of the world, but against legitimate Super Bowl contenders?  He has to show up and show out, and he also plays the single most important position in football.  Entering his 5th NFL season as starter, isn't it reasonable to expect more out of the starting QB than hiding him in the gameplay?

Adding to this....on the old board I broke it down...not gonna do it again...but, entering the playoffs each year our offense (of the 12 playoff teams) was ranked no higher than 9th or 10th (I believe)...Our defense was ranked in the top 3 on 3 occasions...Guess which one did not live up to their ranking in the playoff games?

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - Interceptor - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 09:01 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Adding to this....on the old board I broke it down...not gonna do it again...but, entering the playoffs each year our offense (of the 12 playoff teams) was ranked no higher than 9th or 10th (I believe)...Our defense was ranked in the top 3 on 3 occasions...Guess which one did not live up to their ranking in the playoff games?

The one with the ball.

(06-22-2015, 11:27 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Are you trying to imply that Dalton is a better QB than Esiason was?

EDIT:  I'll wait for your response tomorrow.  I'm going to bed.

No, not at all.  Just using Boomers career to show the holes in many peoples arguments against Dalton.  The fact that a QB has not won a playoff game by his fourth season does not mean it is impossible for him to win a playoff game in the futures.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - magikod - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 09:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No, not at all.  Just using Boomers career to show the holes in many peoples arguments against Dalton.  The fact that a QB has not won a playoff game by his fourth season does not mean it is impossible for him to win a playoff game in the futures.

I agree. But its now or never for Dalton. He has the weapons on offense, has a fairly decent defense (at least in years in past with Zimmer), and another year of experience.

If I was him I'd be worried McCarron might take over if I start sucking it up on the field. And lets remember we can cut Dalton after this year and not have to pay him anymore.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - Tiger Teeth - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 09:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No, not at all.  Just using Boomers career to show the holes in many peoples arguments against Dalton.  The fact that a QB has not won a playoff game by his fourth season does not mean it is impossible for him to win a playoff game in the futures.

Okay, fair enough.  I guess I read more into your post than was there.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - djs7685 - 06-23-2015

The fact that I haven't banged Gisele Bundchen by now doesn't mean that it's impossible for it to happen either.

I guess I should be excited, when's she finally going to return my calls?!?!?!

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - Nately120 - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 12:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: How many playoff games has Palmer won since leaving the Bengals?

Doesn't matter because Trent Dilfer won the Super Bowl and so can Palmer.

(06-23-2015, 09:55 AM)djs7685 Wrote: The fact that I haven't banged Gisele Bundchen by now doesn't mean that it's impossible for it to happen either.

I guess I should be excited, when's she finally going to return my calls?!?!?!

The point went completely over your head.

Not surprised.

I gave an example of a QB that did not win a playoff game in his first four seasons winning a playoff game.  Can you give an example of a total loser like you EVER banging a super model?

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - Interceptor - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 09:56 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Doesn't matter because Trent Dilfer won the Super Bowl and so can Palmer.

Because the coaches made no stupid calls with his supporting cast. They knew Dilfer's limits and played to what few strengths he had. They never abandoned what got them there. And they were fired up every time they played.