Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
McCarron hype gaining steam - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: McCarron hype gaining steam (/Thread-McCarron-hype-gaining-steam)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - djs7685 - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 10:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The point went completely over your head.

Not surprised.

I gave an example of a QB that did not win a playoff game in his first four seasons winning a playoff game.  Can you give an example of a total loser like you EVER banging a super model?

The point went completely over your head.

Not surprised.

I gave an example of a joke, can you give me an example of a total loser like you EVER getting a joke without getting butthurt over it?

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - spazz70 - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 10:04 AM)djs7685 Wrote: The point went completely over your head.

Not surprised.

I gave an example of a joke, can you give me an example of a total loser like you EVER getting a joke without getting butthurt over it?

Fred....This is funny ^^^^...sorry...lol

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - fredtoast - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 10:03 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Because the coaches made no stupid calls with his supporting cast. They knew Dilfer's limits and played to what few strengths he had. They never abandoned what got them there. And they were fired up every time they played.

Dilfer won a Super Bowl because the '00 Ravens had the greatest defense in NFL history.  They allowed a grand total of 23 points in 4 post season games.

They had 2 Hall of Fame players (Ray Lewis, Rod Woodson) and multiple Pro Bowl players...DE Rob Burnett ('94),  DT Sam Adams ('00, '01, '04), OLB Peter Boulware ('98, '99, '02, '03), DE Michael McCrary ('98. '99), and CB Chris McCalister ('03, '04, '06)

(06-23-2015, 10:10 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Fred....This is funny ^^^^...sorry...lol

Watch out. You may get called a loser and assumptions made on your sex life by a guy that's a real life Carl Brutananadilewski look-a-like

[Image: c067387e22968aeead22fe346a8eb576.jpg]

(06-23-2015, 10:04 AM)djs7685 Wrote: The point went completely over your head.

Not surprised.

Jokes are funny.

(06-23-2015, 10:15 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Jokes are funny.

Wrong again, you're not funny.

(06-23-2015, 10:16 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Wrong again, you're not funny.

I never said I was.  You are the one trying to defend a stupid post by claiming it was a joke.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - Nately120 - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 10:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Dilfer won a Super Bowl because the '00 Ravens had the greatest defense in NFL history.  They allowed a grand total of 23 points in 4 post season games.

They had 2 Hall of Fame players (Ray Lewis, Rod Woodson) and multiple Pro Bowl players...DE Rob Burnett ('94),  DT Sam Adams ('00, '01, '04), OLB Peter Boulware ('98, '99, '02, '03), DE Michael McCrary ('98. '99), and CB Chris McCalister ('03, '04, '06)

In all fairness, Dilfer only had to complete like, 6 passes per game to win.  Still, the Dilfer and Brady (being a 6th rounder) excuses that any QB selected in the top 200 and/or commits far more turnovers than TDs can win it all just drives me insane.

Wait...AJ McCarron was selected in the top 200...GASP!!!!  If he can only start tossing picks we may have a Dilfer/Brady situation on our hands here.  Mwa ha ha!!!!!

(06-23-2015, 10:20 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I never said I was.  You are the one trying to defend a stupid post by claiming it was a joke.

Not defending a "stupid post", just telling you that it was as obvious as a joke can get. I mean, if you took a post where I made a direct comparison to sexual activity with Gisele Bundchen seriously, then you may be actually, literally ********.

I know you never said you were funny, but you said "jokes are funny", and I said "Wrong, you're not funny", meaning.....YOU are a joke. Hurr durr, get it?

It loses it's luster when I have to take the time to explain it to the slow crowd.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - spazz70 - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 10:23 AM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness, Dilfer only had to complete like, 6 passes per game to win.  Still, the Dilfer and Brady (being a 6th rounder) excuses that any QB selected in the top 200 and/or commits far more turnovers than TDs can win it all just drives me insane.

Wait...AJ McCarron was selected in the top 200...GASP!!!!  If he can only start tossing picks we may have a Dilfer/Brady situation on our hands here.  Mwa ha ha!!!!!

Good stuff...I just love the extremes on these posts...especially CB...Everyone here understands that Dalton is not "the guy" when it comes to putting the team on his shoulders and taking over the game...I do not think anyone ever thought he was or would be since he was drafted....He is our best option right now... He is good enough to win if the whole team is playing to its expectations... If the defense plays at a high level, as expected, and the run game is playing good, as expected, then Dalton playing at his level, 25-35 attempts per game is not exposed.  I am not making excuses for Dalton...I am saying that he is what he is...Do not try to make more out of him...In 2 of the playoff losses he had attempts of of 41 and 52 and our D could not stop the other teams running game...I am sorry but I give Dalton a pass on last years game...no WRS/TEs and the Colts just made us 1 dimensional and put the entire game on Dalton...Again, Dalton is not going to succeed in that situation and I did not expect him to.... I do not think anyone expected him to....

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - Toy Cannon - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 10:27 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Not defending a "stupid post", just telling you that it was as obvious as a joke can get. I mean, if you took a post where I made a direct comparison to sexual activity with Gisele Bundchen seriously, then you may be actually, literally ********.

I know you never said you were funny, but you said "jokes are funny", and I said "Wrong, you're not funny", meaning.....YOU are a joke. Hurr durr, get it?

It loses it's luster when I have to take the time to explain it to the slow crowd.

You need to step outside for a few minutes and get some fresh air.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - SHRacerX - 06-23-2015

(06-22-2015, 09:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I've seen Dilfer's playoff numbers and they aren't pretty.  With that being said, his numbers are better than Dalton's.  So I suppose your argument that any QB can win the Super Bowl now applies to QB's with numbers worse than Dilfer, too?  Good news, Blaine Gabbert, you can win the Super Bowl!!!!

Hell, anyone can win it!  This is more the reason to drop Dalton's salary and start McCarron.  Your buddy Palmer stunk it up in the playoffs, but hey....Trent Dilfer!

I think you have me confused with someone else.  I didn't make an argument that any QB can win a Super Bowl..in fact, I used Dilfer as an example of what would not work in today's NFL.  But, saying they aren't pretty is an understatement.  With the exception of one game, he was abhorrent. 

Again, my buddy Palmer?  Is that sarcasm?   I think you have the wrong guy. 

(06-23-2015, 10:37 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Good stuff...I just love the extremes on these posts...especially CB...Everyone here understands that Dalton is not "the guy" when it comes to putting the team on his shoulders and taking over the game...I do not think anyone ever thought he was or would be since he was drafted....He is our best option right now... He is good enough to win if the whole team is playing to its expectations... If the defense plays at a high level, as expected, and the run game is playing good, as expected, then Dalton playing at his level, 25-35 attempts per game is not exposed.  I am not making excuses for Dalton...I am saying that he is what he is...Do not try to make more out of him...In 2 of the playoff losses he had attempts of of 41 and 52 and our D could not stop the other teams running game...I am sorry but I give Dalton a pass on last years game...no WRS/TEs and the Colts just made us 1 dimensional and put the entire game on Dalton...Again, Dalton is not going to succeed in that situation and I did not expect him to.... I do not think anyone expected him to....

There is no denying that in the 6 playoff games of the Marvin Lewis era the QBs (and Marv) have been subject to a good bit of rotten luck.  05 Carson got cheap-shotted, in 09 our kicker didn't see it fit to make either a 28 or 31 yard FG, in 14 we were a shambling M*A*S*H unit, etc.  But we haven't done enough when we weren't subject to rotten fortune to get it done, either.  Meh.

The truth of it is that this team hasn't cracked the top 10 in NFL ranking since the 1990 season and to be that "meh" requires a mix of external and internal not-so-goodness.

(06-23-2015, 10:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think you have me confused with someone else.  I didn't make an argument that any QB can win a Super Bowl..in fact, I used Dilfer as an example of what would not work in today's NFL.  But, saying they aren't pretty is an understatement.  With the exception of one game, he was abhorrent. 

Again, my buddy Palmer?  Is that sarcasm?   I think you have the wrong guy. 

I tend to address the masses with the "Trent Dilfer did it!" related eye-roll, so you are right there.  And  the "your buddy Palmer" was indeed a joke; you've made your feelings on that guy quite clear.  The thing with Dalton is that he was asked to do far more than Dilfer, but turned it over like a fiend in response. 

My issue with blaming the defense for not generating a pass rush and creating turnorvers isn't that the defense has been good (it hasn't), but that people assume the defense putting the ball in Dalton's hands more would result in more TDs when mathematically (until further notice) it looks like he'd be far more likely to throw an INT or fumble more if he had more offensive possessions.

It's bad.  Top to bottom our playoff history after injuring Bo is bad.  BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD.  But we all know this.  The information is pretty agreed upon, it's the conclusions we draw that vary.

(06-23-2015, 10:47 AM)Toy Cannon Wrote: You need to step outside for a few minutes and get some fresh air.

Yawn :troll:

Same post, different thread. Keep trollin'.

RE: McCarron hype gaining steam - BengalChris - 06-23-2015

(06-22-2015, 11:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But the thing is that he did not even make the playoffs in his first four seasons.

And everyone knows that if a QB does not win a playoff game in his first four seasons he will never ever be able to win one.

He only won 23 games over his first four seasons.  

But here is the worst part.  After a very good season his third year his passer rating dropped from 87.7 to 73.1 his fourth year.  In fact his fourth season he was second in the league in interceptions with 19.  Obviously there was no hope at that point.

Don't get caught up in the passer rating numbers or yards when you are try to compare one era to another.

In Anderson's era he led the NFL in passing, was league MVP, took the team to a SB and was considered one of the top QBs in the league during his time.

Esiaison had similar accomplishments in a different era. Passing rules changed between Anderson's time and Esiaison's time.

Dalton is playing in an era where the rules worship passing as heavenly. Average passing year's for QBs has gone way up in the last 40 years.

Dalton has a ways to go to reach Esiaison and Anderson. He hasn't come close to even being considered for MVP, hasn't come close winning a passing title and leading the team to a SB.

This doesn't mean we give up on Dalton, but it does mean that he's reached a crossroads and he needs to take the next step. I'm not going to claim he can or cannot do it, but I'm not going to treat him as if he has reached an elite level he hasn't even come close.

If you are happy with losing big in the opening round of the playoffs then you should be happy with Dalton. If you see this team as competing for the elite status, then you should be looking at Dalton with a more stern eye. The same is true for Lewis.

(06-23-2015, 12:03 PM)BengalChris Wrote: If you are happy with losing big in the opening round of the playoffs then you should be happy with Dalton. If you see this team as competing for the elite status, then you should be looking at Dalton with a more stern eye. The same is true for Lewis.

Please cut out this silly "happy with losing in the playoffs" crap.  No one here ios happy wioth losing in the playoffs.

And I never claimed dalton has reached Boomers level.

Why can't you address what I really said instead of making stuff up?  All I said was that the people who claim that Dalton can not win a playoff game because he has not won one yet are wrong.  

Get it now?

^^^^ (post #156)
That sort of sums up the closest thing I have to a "knock" on Dalton. Anderson, Esiason, and even Palmer were all at one point the #1, #1, and #2 overall QB in the NFL during their careers while Dalton's best year got him up to #15 or so. That doesn't mean we replace him, and obviously (especially in Palmer's case) these rankings don't ensure absolute success, nor does Dalton's placement ensure we won't be successful, but he has yet to compare to his peers the way the other noteworthy Bengals QBs did.

(06-23-2015, 10:27 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Not defending a "stupid post", just telling you that it was as obvious as a joke can get. I mean, if you took a post where I made a direct comparison to sexual activity with Gisele Bundchen seriously, then you may be actually, literally ********.

Just because you try to make a point with a joke does not mean that your point is not stupid.

You can't hide the stupidity of your point behind the fact that you posted it in the form of a joke.

I could post some extremely offensive insults directed at you in the form of jokes, but that does not mean they are not offensive insults.

(06-23-2015, 12:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just because you try to make a point with a joke does not mean that your point is not stupid.

You can't hide the stupidity of your point behind the fact that you posted it in the form of a joke.

I could post some extremely offensive insults directed at you in the form of jokes, but that does not mean they are not offensive insults.

There wasn't a real point behind my post, hence the JOKE.

In this thread specifically, I was just poking fun at your post with a JOKE about having sex with Gisele Bundchen. It wasn't supposed to be taken seriously, yet some old man decides to get extremely butthurt about it.

Okay Fred, you're right! About everything that has ever existed! Will you get off my ass now? Christ, you're a lunatic. You really remind me of Brad with this shit. Learn to take a joke sometimes without getting your panties so tight about it. Not every post is going to be extremely serious and require your lecture about how stupid I am in response to each one. I'm sure some people understand that jokes aren't meant to be taken seriously, whether you specifically find my jokes to be "funny" or not. I still wasn't serious even if it's not humorous to you.