Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Alerts Feature - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: News, Help & Feedback (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-News-Help-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Alerts Feature (/Thread-Alerts-Feature)

Pages: 1 2

Alerts Feature - Bengalholic - 08-19-2016

I recently came across an 'alerts' plugin. Basically, it's a user notification module that alerts members when the following happens:

They're given rep
When their post is quoted
Someone posts in their thread
Replies to subscribed threads

What you want to be notified about can be changed in User CP settings (left side, under 'Alerts'). For instance, if you just want to be notified about quoted posts, you can just select that option. There are also notifications available for PM's and Friend Requests, but since we already have those...they can just be unchecked.

I need to know if you guys would want this type of feature. If there's enough interest, we'll give it a try and see how well it works.

RE: Alerts Feature - Cure4CF - 08-19-2016

As long as it's not a pain for you all to implement and/or get rid of if it causes problems, I'm a yes vote. Options are good!

RE: Alerts Feature - treee - 08-19-2016

Definitely would love this feature.

RE: Alerts Feature - Tiger Teeth - 08-20-2016

Sounds awesome to me! Glad you are always looking for ways to make this great place even better. ThumbsUp

RE: Alerts Feature - CageTheBengal - 08-24-2016

Yes for sure!

Ive seen this be used on other forums and it works pretty well.

RE: Alerts Feature - SunsetBengal - 08-24-2016

Aren't many members wasting enough productivity time, during their work day? Do we really need to alert them to attend to their occupational distraction? Ninja

RE: Alerts Feature - Bengal Dude - 08-24-2016

(08-24-2016, 06:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Aren't many members wasting enough productivity time, during their work day?  Do we really need to alert them to attend to their occupational distraction?   Ninja

Yes. 

RE: Alerts Feature - Bengalholic - 08-27-2016

I'm going to go ahead and give the Alerts feature a trial run to see how well it works. I would appreciate any feedback you can give during that time, so I can decide to keep it or scrap it.

The Alert options will be located in your UserCP 'Alert Settings'. There, you can decide what you want to be notified of. I think all are checked by default, so just uncheck what you don't want. There will also be a Alerts notice in your navigation bar at the top, beside UserCP.

Once I activate it, it may take a little while to start showing your notifications. 

RE: Alerts Feature - bfine32 - 08-30-2016

I absolutely hate the alerts feature, but it seems others like it. Is there a way we can disable it in user settings?

RE: Alerts Feature - Bengalholic - 08-30-2016

(08-30-2016, 01:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I absolutely hate the alerts feature, but it seems others like it. Is there a way we can disable it in user settings?

Go to UserCP> Alert Settings> uncheck everything.

You won't receive any notifications after that.

RE: Alerts Feature - bfine32 - 08-30-2016

(08-30-2016, 01:13 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Go to UserCP> Alert Settings> uncheck everything.

You won't receive any notifications after that.

Well hell, if I had just read the whole OP. Thanks, I'm sure many will love the feature.

RE: Alerts Feature - treee - 08-30-2016

I like it so far. It's nice to not have to do a search for my name to find when others quote my post.

RE: Alerts Feature - Tiger Teeth - 08-30-2016

Mine doesn't seem to be working. I unchecked a couple of things, but I kept the box checked to alert me when someone quotes me, and it isn't.

RE: Alerts Feature - Bengalholic - 08-30-2016

(08-30-2016, 06:21 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Mine doesn't seem to be working.  I unchecked a couple of things, but I kept the box checked to alert me when someone quotes me, and it isn't.

Is there anything showing in Alerts() in your navigation bar at the top of the page or 'View Alerts' in your User CP?

RE: Alerts Feature - Tiger Teeth - 08-30-2016

(08-30-2016, 06:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Is there anything showing in Alerts() in your navigation bar at the top of the page or 'View Alerts' in your User CP?

Nope.

RE: Alerts Feature - Tiger Teeth - 08-31-2016

(08-30-2016, 06:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Is there anything showing in Alerts() in your navigation bar at the top of the page or 'View Alerts' in your User CP?

They're working now, thanks chief!   ThumbsUp

RE: Alerts Feature - Beaker - 09-03-2016

I like the alerts. It lets me find/respond to things without having to remember which thread/forum I posted in. If its not extra work or cost to you, I vote to keep it. Thank you.

RE: Alerts Feature - Bengalzona - 09-04-2016

(09-03-2016, 10:44 AM)Beaker Wrote: I like the alerts. It lets me find/respond to things without having to remember which thread/forum I posted in. If its not extra work or cost to you, I vote to keep it. Thank you.

Same

RE: Alerts Feature - StoneTheCrow - 09-04-2016

I dig.

RE: Alerts Feature - rfaulk34 - 09-04-2016

Yes. I don't dislike it.