Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Ramon Foster: "There are bigger issues than pot" - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Rival Talk (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Rival-Talk)
+--- Thread: Ramon Foster: "There are bigger issues than pot" (/Thread-Ramon-Foster-There-are-bigger-issues-than-pot)

Pages: 1 2

Ramon Foster: "There are bigger issues than pot" - The Real Deal - 08-22-2016

Is it any surprise steelers players are dropping like flies due to violating the substance abuse policy? In the article, he also urges players to start saving their money now for the lockout in 2021. So, should they be spending their money on weed or saving it? Is the steelers organization slowly going to POT (pun intended)right before our eyes?  

Even if this is what you believe, don't you keep your mouth shut being a person of authority in the organization, especially when you clearly have players serving suspensions because they have a problem? Truly mind blowing.What a mess it has become in Pittsburgh. They better be careful, the NFL may not give them the benefit of the doubt and baby them in all things gray area anymore.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/22/steelers-player-rep-urges-players-to-save-money-for-a-work-stoppage/

RE: Ramon Foster: "There are bigger issues than pot" - Beaker - 08-22-2016

model franchise

RE: Ramon Foster: "There are bigger issues than pot" - StrictlyBiz - 08-22-2016

(08-22-2016, 04:02 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Is it any surprise steelers players are dropping like flies due to violating the substance abuse policy? In the article, he also urges players to start saving their money now for the lockout in 2021. So, should they be spending their money on weed or saving it? Is the steelers organization slowly going to POT (pun intended)right before our eyes?  

Even if this is what you believe, don't you keep your mouth shut being a person of authority in the organization, especially when you clearly have players serving suspensions because they have a problem? Truly mind blowing.What a mess it has become in Pittsburgh. They better be careful, the NFL may not give them the benefit of the doubt and baby them in all things gray area anymore.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/22/steelers-player-rep-urges-players-to-save-money-for-a-work-stoppage/
How you are getting what you wrote from what is written in that article is a mystery to me. 

RE: Ramon Foster: "There are bigger issues than pot" - jason - 08-22-2016

Pro athletes saving their money....

That's funny.

RE: Ramon Foster: "There are bigger issues than pot" - The Real Deal - 08-22-2016

(08-22-2016, 07:32 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: How you are getting what you wrote from what is written in that article is a mystery to me. 

Ok

RE: Ramon Foster: "There are bigger issues than pot" - JS-Steelerfan - 08-23-2016

(08-22-2016, 09:21 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Ok

If the identical circumstances happened on any other team it wouldn't even be on your radar.  

RE: Ramon Foster: "There are bigger issues than pot" - 6andcounting - 08-23-2016

(08-22-2016, 07:32 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: How you are getting what you wrote from what is written in that article is a mystery to me. 

He said "hey, it's an article about the Steelers. Let me post it to smack and try to connect my unrelated commentary back to the link. I'm really sticking it to those darn Steelers fans this time"

RE: Ramon Foster: "There are bigger issues than pot" - The Real Deal - 08-23-2016

(08-23-2016, 06:20 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: If the identical circumstances happened on any other team it wouldn't even be on your radar.  

Ok

RE: Ramon Foster: "There are bigger issues than pot" - Captain Obvious - 08-23-2016

(08-22-2016, 04:02 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Is it any surprise steelers players are dropping like flies due to violating the substance abuse policy? In the article, he also urges players to start saving their money now for the lockout in 2021. So, should they be spending their money on weed or saving it? Is the steelers organization slowly going to POT (pun intended)right before our eyes?  

This is your idea of smack? You're making connections about drugs from an article about a possible lockout? The season can't get here soon enough.

RE: Ramon Foster: "There are bigger issues than pot" - The Real Deal - 08-23-2016

Yeah I wouldn't want to acknowledge him downplaying marijuana use if my team couldn't stay off of the green either. At least he's leading the league in marijuana question deflections at the moment, so there's that. ThumbsUp

You think the steelers players lounge is a grow house yet or do you think they still keep it in the utility closet? Questions to ponder.  Hmm

RE: Ramon Foster: "There are bigger issues than pot" - Beaker - 08-23-2016

(08-23-2016, 06:20 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: If the identical circumstances happened on any other team it wouldn't even be on your radar.  

That makes it ok?

RE: Ramon Foster: "There are bigger issues than pot" - Gohards - 08-24-2016

look, obviously I am a huge bengals fan that is why I am here. But he is right. There are bigger things to worry about than pot.

It does not translate how you play on the field. If anything, you would play worse, because weed creates laziness.

Its freaking weed dude. it is truly harmless, and if you think any different, you are either old and stuck in your ways, or have not done enough re search. Show me news article of a guy getting high on marijuana and killing his wife. It does not exist. Getting drunk and killing your wife, however, does happen. But of course, its okay to drink.

RE: Ramon Foster: "There are bigger issues than pot" - The Real Deal - 08-24-2016

(08-24-2016, 08:07 PM)Gohards Wrote: look, obviously I am a huge bengals fan that is why I am here. But he is right. There are bigger things to worry about than pot.

It does not translate how you play on the field. If anything, you would play worse, because weed creates laziness.

Its freaking weed dude. it is truly harmless, and if you think any different, you are either old and stuck in your ways, or have not done enough re search. Show me news article of a guy getting high on marijuana and killing his wife. It does not exist. Getting drunk and killing your wife, however, does happen. But of course, its okay to drink.

The problem isn't the weed itself, it's the fact that it's illegal in most states and is against the substance  abuse policy the NFL has in place. Are there bigger problems than weed? Sure. But is the biggest problem the steelers have right now not being able to adhere to the substance abuse policy and in turn having players suspended because of it, "it" namely being pot? Yep. Just not great timing for a quote like that to come out of Pittsburgh. It makes them look stupid.

RE: Ramon Foster: "There are bigger issues than pot" - Beaker - 08-25-2016

(08-24-2016, 08:07 PM)Gohards Wrote: look, obviously I am a huge bengals fan that is why I am here. But he is right. There are bigger things to worry about than pot.

[Image: Stoned_af0d28_449420.jpg]

RE: Ramon Foster: "There are bigger issues than pot" - JS-Steelerfan - 08-25-2016

(08-23-2016, 08:04 PM)Beaker Wrote: That makes it ok?

Whether or not it's okay is a matter of personal opinion, and largely irrelevant to my point. 

RE: Ramon Foster: "There are bigger issues than pot" - yellowxdiscipline - 08-26-2016

Maybe because guys like Bell and Gordon will smoke up their savings if given the chance.

RE: Ramon Foster: "There are bigger issues than pot" - Beaker - 08-26-2016

(08-25-2016, 12:32 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Whether or not it's okay is a matter of personal opinion, and largely irrelevant to my point. 

Seeing that your point was a personal opinion, makes your point largely irrelevant then.

RE: Ramon Foster: "There are bigger issues than pot" - JS-Steelerfan - 08-27-2016

(08-26-2016, 06:31 PM)Beaker Wrote: Seeing that your point was a personal opinion, makes your point largely irrelevant then.

Are you trying to get us to believe that had all of this (the pot suspensions and a player rep saying what he did) happened on, say, the Seahawks, anybody here would have raised just as large a stink about it? 

RE: Ramon Foster: "There are bigger issues than pot" - jason - 08-27-2016

Who the hell is Ramon Foster?

RE: Ramon Foster: "There are bigger issues than pot" - BigPapaKain - 08-27-2016

(08-27-2016, 04:50 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Are you trying to get us to believe that had all of this (the pot suspensions and a player rep saying what he did) happened on, say, the Seahawks, anybody here would have raised just as large a stink about it? 

Irrelevant. Everyone knows that the Seahawks are all on Adderall.