Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Cap space? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Cap space? (/Thread-Cap-space)

Pages: 1 2

Cap space? - SunsetBengal - 08-31-2016

I just read something, on CJ maybe? It was stating that the Bengals currently have just over 3.7M in available cap space, after 1st round of cuts.

First off, any way to validate that statement? Secondly, if true, that is certainly enough to get an improvement at DE, WR, or TE. So, do you see the team going after any of the players capable of filling any of the depth issues?

RE: Cap space? - Sled21 - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 09:01 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I just read something, on CJ maybe?  It was stating that the Bengals currently have just over 3.7M in available cap space, after 1st round of cuts.

First off, any way to validate that statement?  Secondly, if true, that is certainly enough to get an improvement at DE, WR, or TE.  So, do you see the team going after any of the players capable of filling any of the depth issues?

No, because you have to save money in reserve in case you have to bring in a replacement somewhere down the line in case of injury.....

RE: Cap space? - SunsetBengal - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 11:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: No, because you have to save money in reserve in case you have to bring in a replacement somewhere down the line in case of injury.....

The team has sustained significant injuries this preseason.  Do you think they will look to bring in any viable replacements?

RE: Cap space? - Go Cards - 08-31-2016

MB usually saves it for signing contract extensions.

But could actually see a move being made this year after cuts are made.

Time will tell though, have thought wrong on this many of years. lol

RE: Cap space? - TGISunday - 08-31-2016

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/cincinnati-bengals/

This is what I reference.

Also

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cap/

(08-31-2016, 11:26 AM)TGISunday Wrote: http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/cincinnati-bengals/

Also

Thanks for the links, informative.  I see that there is indeed room for the Bengals to pick up a player or two, should they choose to do so.

RE: Cap space? - fortyyearfan - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 11:31 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Thanks for the links, informative.  I see that there is indeed room for the Bengals to pick up a player or two, should they choose to do so.
I feel we have plenty of receivers and what is needed is to address the D-line rotation.I say this,cut Hunt and promote DeShaun Williams to replace him.This guy will get it done.He can play and gets of blocks real well,and Hunt does not.He has been such a waste.He simply cannot play fast enough and get his butt down to make a difference.the guy is terrible. If anything I would address the Defense.We need a top cornerback/safety that wants to play and can get after it.

RE: Cap space? - ochocincos - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 11:54 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I feel we have plenty of receivers and what is needed is to address the D-line rotation.I say this,cut Hunt and promote DeShaun Williams to replace him.This guy will get it done.He can play and gets of blocks real well,and Hunt does not.He has been such a waste.He simply cannot play fast enough and get his butt down to make a difference.the guy is terrible. If anything I would address the Defense.We need a top cornerback/safety that wants to play and can get after it.

DeShawn Williams should make the roster anyway with Billings to IR.

DT: Peko, Atkins, Sims, Williams
DE: Dunlap, MJ, Clarke, Hardison, Hunt

RE: Cap space? - fortyyearfan - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 11:31 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Thanks for the links, informative.  I see that there is indeed room for the Bengals to pick up a player or two, should they choose to do so.

Our team could possibly be trying to trade hunt to get something out of him,there are teams out there that really believe they could make him work and some teams would take him anyway because their depth is bad.We could use another linebacker,a pass rusher,and a safety,cornerback.I do not have faith in Dennard D.He has shown us nothing since he came here,and when he did play,he was guilty of holding receivers ALOT.

RE: Cap space? - BengalD - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 11:54 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I feel we have plenty of receivers and what is needed is to address the D-line rotation.I say this,cut Hunt and promote DeShaun Williams to replace him.This guy will get it done.He can play and gets of blocks real well,and Hunt does not.He has been such a waste.He simply cannot play fast enough and get his butt down to make a difference.the guy is terrible. If anything I would address the Defense.We need a top cornerback/safety that wants to play and can get after it.

I was surprised Hunt made the first cut after the antics the other night.  Guy wasn't even trying or he couldn't compete against third stringers.  Either way it was awful.

RE: Cap space? - BengalFanInNJ - 08-31-2016

Hunt's last game as a Bengal will be tomorrow night.

RE: Cap space? - XenoMorph - 08-31-2016

problem with that is most the people missing time will only be missing a few weeks so there wont exactly be rosters spots for the new guys while we wait for them to get healthy.  

If some back end guys aren't panning out they might get replaced by someone around the same level.  but I don't expect to see anything  that interesting happen.

Only major loss right now is peerman.     and Experience at WR...    and a couple rookies.

DT might be somewhere to look as Sims hasn't been that impressive. but DT Dean has been impressing coaches so the answers might already be here.

(08-31-2016, 01:30 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Hunt's last game as a Bengal will be tomorrow night.

If that is true, we will need another DE to have in rotation.  Some are suggesting that Hardison or Williams be used in the DT/DE role, but with both Billings and Thompson out, that leaves the team thin on bodies.

RE: Cap space? - XenoMorph - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 01:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If that is true, we will need another DE to have in rotation.  Some are suggesting that Hardison or Williams be used in the DT/DE role, but with both Billings and Thompson out, that leaves the team thin on bodies.

Brown has looked good for us.

DT Dean has looked decent.

RE: Cap space? - Sled21 - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 11:22 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The team has sustained significant injuries this preseason.  Do you think they will look to bring in any viable replacements?

No, I don't see it. Eifert and Kroft will be back within the first 4 games or so, so they won't pick up a TE. They are happy enough with their rookie receivers they cut Tate. Billings and Jackson's play would have been limited anyway. Dennard will be back, in the meantime Derron is making the most of his playing time, so the secondary can be moved around if need be. If I saw them bring in anyone, it would probably be an O lineman. 

RE: Cap space? - OrlandoBengal - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 12:10 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Our team could possibly be trying to trade hunt to get something out of him,there are teams out there that really believe they could make him work and some teams would take him anyway because their depth is bad.We could use another linebacker,a pass rusher,and a safety,cornerback.I do not have faith in Dennard D.He has shown us nothing since he came here,and when he did play,he was guilty of holding receivers ALOT.

Seriously?  You think there are teams willing to trade for Margus Hunt?  Name one team that "really believes they could make him work".  Hell, the defensive line depth on this team is not very good because of Hunt...

(08-31-2016, 01:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Brown has looked good for us.

DT Dean has looked decent.

I can't really agree or disagree, as I haven't paid much direct attention to their performances in the preseason games.  I generally trust your opinion, so I'll believe you if you say the DL depth is fine.

However, in the past we have often seen teams expected to contend for the SB go after that one last player to put them where they want to be.  Teams like New England or Denver.  I see the Bengals as serious SB contenders, I would like to see that sort of urgency from our teams management.

RE: Cap space? - ochocincos - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 01:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I can't really agree or disagree, as I haven't paid much direct attention to their performances in the preseason games.  I generally trust your opinion, so I'll believe you if you say the DL depth is fine.

However, in the past we have often seen teams expected to contend for the SB go after that one last player to put them where they want to be.  Teams like New England or Denver.  I see the Bengals as serious SB contenders, I would like to see that sort of urgency from our teams management.

If the Bengals don't make a move between now and the start of the season, they may very well consider Dansby that one last player to get them over the hump.

RE: Cap space? - TheLeonardLeap - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 11:26 AM)TGISunday Wrote: http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/cincinnati-bengals/

Also

Knew spotrac had them at $9.6m, didn't realize OTC had them at $12.8m.

RE: Cap space? - OrlandoBengal - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 05:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Knew spotrac had them at $9.6m, didn't realize OTC had them at $12.8m.

Wait, I thought they started the off season with $15 million before and free agents and draft pick signings Ninja