Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Week 1 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Jets*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2016 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2016-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: ***Week 1 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Jets*** (/Thread-Week-1-GameDay-Thread-Bengals-Jets)

RE: ***Week 1 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Jets*** - jfkbengals - 09-11-2016

(09-11-2016, 03:34 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Never take points off the board Marvin

Oh good you came to your senses

If they were going to spot it inside the one I think he would have lined up for the sneak.

RE: ***Week 1 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Jets*** - matmaven - 09-11-2016

The Oline has not played well, obviously. But they stepped up in that last drive. That last sack was on Dalton. He locked on to a double covered received and held the ball too long.

RE: ***Week 1 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Jets*** - Sled21 - 09-11-2016

(09-11-2016, 03:36 PM)milksheikh Wrote: WHY HAVE WE ABANDONED THE RUN.

Because we are playing the Jets, and you don't run on the Jets. #2 in the league against the run.....

RE: ***Week 1 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Jets*** - Sweetness - 09-11-2016

(09-11-2016, 03:36 PM)milksheikh Wrote: WHY HAVE WE ABANDONED THE RUN.

Have you seen what the I line has been doing?

RE: ***Week 1 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Jets*** - PhilHos - 09-11-2016

The offense moved the ball pretty decently there at the end of the half. If the defense can get some stops we should be able to take the lead and win the game.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

RE: ***Week 1 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Jets*** - Bengal Dude - 09-11-2016

(09-11-2016, 03:37 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: If they were going to spot it inside the one I think he would have lined up for the sneak.

I wouldn't trust our OL on that one. 

RE: ***Week 1 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Jets*** - TheCincinnatiKid - 09-11-2016

(09-11-2016, 03:36 PM)Millhouse Wrote: All things considered, we are in a good spot down 16-13 considering the 5 sacks, big ko return, and ADs pick.

It says how poor that half was, that I completely forgot Andy threw an INT too lol

RE: ***Week 1 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Jets*** - masonbengals fan - 09-11-2016

(09-11-2016, 03:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Because we are playing the Jets, and you don't run on the Jets. #2 in the league against the run.....

Have to keep them guessing though.....

RE: ***Week 1 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Jets*** - jeremydc - 09-11-2016

(09-11-2016, 03:37 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: If they were going to spot it inside the one I think he would have lined up for the sneak.

Yup, Marv clarified the spot. Outside the 2. If inside the one, we would have went for it. The missed extra point may come back to haunt the Jets.

RE: ***Week 1 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Jets*** - Atomic Orange - 09-11-2016

(09-11-2016, 03:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Lucky to be down only 3. Hunt had an amazing half, Boyd caught his first NFL pass, Green is his usual amazing self. Other than that.....where are you Geno?

Geno is being double teamed. Are you watching this game on your phone? First you said it was helmet to helmet when it was shoulder to shoulder and now this. I'm watching on a 60" screen 5 ft away.

RE: ***Week 1 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Jets*** - Whacked - 09-11-2016

(09-11-2016, 03:33 PM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: Whew, I thought those early TO calls would cost us again !!

They did. 4 points to be exact.  Sad

RE: ***Week 1 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Jets*** - JumboTron - 09-11-2016

Nice drive to end first half (outside of the sack). Going in with some momentum. It's going to come down to the offensive line. I have faith that the D will hold their own in the 2nd half and continuing to contain the Jet's attack for the most part.

But man, anytime you have one of your O-lineman with BODINE plastered on the back of their jersey it's beyond frustrating.

RE: ***Week 1 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Jets*** - Sled21 - 09-11-2016

(09-11-2016, 03:38 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Geno is being double teamed. Are you watching this game on your phone? First you said it was helmet to helmet when it was shoulder to shoulder and now this. I'm watching on a 60" screen 5 ft away.

I'm also watching on a 60" from 5 feet away..... the helmets hit, you could see it on slow motion. Iloka got away with going high earlier, no way they weren't going to call it twice.

RE: ***Week 1 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Jets*** - masonbengals fan - 09-11-2016

Time for the D line to show up. And I mean somebody other than Margus.

I can't believe I just write that...

RE: ***Week 1 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Jets*** - jfkbengals - 09-11-2016

(09-11-2016, 03:38 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Yup, Marv clarified the spot. Outside the 2. If inside the one, we would have went for it. The missed extra point will come back to haunt the Jets.

Fixed it for ya!

RE: ***Week 1 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Jets*** - Stonyhands - 09-11-2016

(09-11-2016, 03:36 PM)jeremydc Wrote: We should be down 2 touchdowns

We should be up 1 pt Dalton missed a wide open TE for a TD that we settled for a fg.  Plus we wasted all of our timeouts.  Why Dalton can't throw the ball oout of the end zone when he's about to get sacked instead of going 5 yards further back is beyond me.  Yes the o-line is playing poorly but Andy isn't getting rid of the ball quickly.  He's stepping into pressure and he's not throwing the damn ball away.

In all honesty, we are lucky to be down by 3. Crazy first half to start the season.

RE: ***Week 1 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Jets*** - Brownshoe - 09-11-2016

Here is how I feel about the first half. We started extremely slow on both offense and defense. The defense started playing better toward the end, and they had that BS PI call on Iloka. The offense looked horrible at the start. The offensive line looks like hot garbage. Dalton had a couple of bad throws. I hated both the INT and the underthrown ball to Uzoma. The offense seemed to get a groove going the last couple of drives.

I like that we have a lot of momentum right now IMO. I think we still have this game.

RE: ***Week 1 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Jets*** - Housh - 09-11-2016

(09-11-2016, 03:36 PM)jj22 Wrote: We need to run the ball, this offense is looking like Grudens so far.

It's doing horribly

Why would we wanna waste downs with a useless run game 

(09-11-2016, 03:41 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: We should be up 1 pt Dalton missed a wide open TE for a TD that we settled for a fg.  Plus we wasted all of our timeouts.  Why Dalton can't throw the ball oout of the end zone when he's about to get sacked instead of going 5 yards further back is beyond me.  Yes the o-line is playing poorly but Andy isn't getting rid of the ball quickly.  He's stepping into pressure and he's not throwing the damn ball away.

It could have gone either way. I'll settle being down 3