Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Fantasy football forum - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: Fantasy football forum (/Thread-Fantasy-football-forum)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Fantasy football forum - Bengalbug - 09-04-2016

I think this could/should be a great place for bengals fans to come and get unbiased and differing opinions on draft/waiver/trades.

With that said, I think it is very lacking at this point and We could change it. From my perspective, there are many threads of "rate my team" with very little engagement. Furthermore many times the same people who ask for help rarely engage in other threads and rate other teams.

I love giving My Input, even if no One takes it. But I like other opinions as well when I ask for unbiased advice.

So what do you guys think? How about if we ask for advice (draft, waiver, trade, etc) we also take some time give advice To our fellow board members who are also looking for help.

Let's make the Fantasy Forum great again!!!

RE: Fantasy football forum - jason - 09-05-2016

I'll go first...

I'm starting:
Andy Dalton
AJ Green WR
Allen Robinson WR
Deangelo Williams RB

Either Matt Forte (vs Cin.) Or Duke Johnson (vs Philly)

Dwayne Allen TE
Amari Cooper Flex

It's PPR league so I don't focus on RBs in the draft. Made it to the championship with same strategy last year.... Advice?

RE: Fantasy football forum - Tiger Teeth - 09-05-2016

(09-05-2016, 06:17 PM)jason Wrote: I'll go first...

I'm starting:
Andy Dalton
AJ Green WR
Allen Robinson WR
Deangelo Williams RB

Dwayne Allen TE
Amari Cooper Flex

It's PPR league so I don't focus on RBs in the draft. Made it to the championship with same strategy last year.... Advice?
I had the same strategy last year, and won our league.  Looks good for PPR to me!   ThumbsUp

(09-05-2016, 06:33 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I had the same strategy last year, and won our league.  Looks good for PPR to me!  
I've got Josh Gordon waiting in the wings too...

I'm just going back and forth with Forte and Duke this week. I picked up Washington, the 3rd down guy in Oakland. I also have Derrick Henry. I'm hoping one them pan out while I keep eyeing the waivers.

RE: Fantasy football forum - hollodero - 09-05-2016

Good idea, and I am always glad to help the less informed :) I love the poorly educated.

(09-05-2016, 06:17 PM)jason Wrote: Either Matt Forte (vs Cin.) Or Duke Johnson (vs Philly)

Forte.
Because our run D still is suspect to me and when you use a Brown, you always can get into all kinds of misery. Plus, Crowell's around.

Now in return please tell me if I should put Donte Moncrief or Spencer Ware in the flex.

(09-05-2016, 07:22 PM)hollodero Wrote: Good idea, and I am always glad to help the less informed :) I love the poorly educated.

Forte.
Because our run D still is suspect to me and when you use a Brown, you always can get into all kinds of misery. Plus, Crowell's around.

Now in return please tell me if I should put Donte Moncrief or Spencer Ware in the flex.
Moncreif if it's PPR. Colts play the Lions... Isn't their passing D suspect?

(09-05-2016, 07:50 PM)jason Wrote: Moncreif if it's PPR. Colts play the Lions... Isn't their passing D suspect?

Yeah it's not. So now what.
And sure the Lions pass D is suspect, but so is the Chargers run D. At this point, so many things are. I might just toin a coss. 

(09-05-2016, 08:22 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah it's not. So now what.
And sure the Lions pass D is suspect, but so is the Chargers run D. At this point, so many things are. I might just toin a coss. 
Might as well get some miles outta Ware til Charles gets back then... San Diego did pick up that Mebane though... He may single handedly turn the run D around... Coin toss it is.

(09-05-2016, 08:44 PM)jason Wrote:  San Diego did pick up that Mebane though... He may single handedly turn the run D around... Coin toss it is.

Ware's miles don't bother me a bit, but that's a decent point. Depths I don't always enter. Guess I go with Moncrief then. 

And if it's wrong, I of course come back here and curse you.

(09-05-2016, 10:32 PM)hollodero Wrote: Ware's miles don't bother me a bit, but that's a decent point. Depths I don't always enter. Guess I go with Moncrief then. 

And if it's wrong, I of course come back here and curse you.
I've also locked you in on that Matt Forte pick... I will also blame you if his great performance seals a Jets victory this Sunday.

The bottom line... I curse YOU my friend.

(09-05-2016, 10:36 PM)jason Wrote: I've also locked you in on that Matt Forte pick... I will also blame you if his great performance seals a Jets victory this Sunday.

The bottom line... I curse YOU my friend.

Yeah... seems like I'm pretty cursed here.

In which case I now of course pledge for banning curses. Because where will it lead us, in the name of humanity and all that. I was :jk: :jk: :jk:  ThumbsUp .
Seriously, no curses. Nervous 

RE: Fantasy football forum - Bengalbug - 09-05-2016

(09-05-2016, 06:17 PM)jason Wrote: I'll go first...

I'm starting:
Andy Dalton
AJ Green WR
Allen Robinson WR
Deangelo Williams RB

Dwayne Allen TE
Amari Cooper Flex

Id start Forte, unfortunately.   With that said, duke Johnson is going to get his this season.  Just don't see philly building a big lead against the Browns (where a 3rd down back will shine)

(09-05-2016, 07:22 PM)hollodero Wrote: Good idea, and I am always glad to help the less informed :) I love the poorly educated.

Forte.

I'd go safe with ware, almost a sure thing to get 12-15 touches.  Moncreif is going to be phenomenal but I'd give it a week to work itself out.

(09-05-2016, 11:09 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I'd go safe with ware, almost a sure thing to get 12-15 touches.  Moncreif is going to be phenomenal but I'd give it a week to work itself out.

You wouldn't be afraid of this dreadful defensive monster the Chargers acquired?
Will Ware also get touchdowns, or will he just touch down thinking about TDs.

(09-05-2016, 11:32 PM)hollodero Wrote: You wouldn't be afraid of this dreadful defensive monster the Chargers acquired?

No, Chargers D isn't gonna be anything to worry about.

And yea he will probably score at least 1

RE: Fantasy football forum - jason - 09-06-2016

(09-05-2016, 11:32 PM)hollodero Wrote: You wouldn't be afraid of this dreadful defensive monster the Chargers acquired?
Mebane.... The autocorrect tries to turn his name to "menace".

RE: Fantasy football forum - hollodero - 09-10-2016

(09-05-2016, 11:09 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I'd go safe with ware, almost a sure thing to get 12-15 touches.  Moncreif is going to be phenomenal but I'd give it a week to work itself out.

I have a follow-up question... I have Ware, but I also have Michael, so now what? Thoughts? Not that I will necessary listen anyways, but still, thoughts?

RE: Fantasy football forum - jason - 09-10-2016

(09-10-2016, 03:25 AM)hollodero Wrote: I have a follow-up question... I have Ware, but I also have Michael, so now what? Thoughts? Not that I will necessary listen anyways, but still, thoughts?
I think men should not be named Christine... Even if their last name is Michael.

RE: Fantasy football forum - kevin - 09-11-2016

My first time ever at Fantasy Football....on a free one on CBS Sports....I wanted the opposite of a tough name, and being a Bengals Fan, The Puddy Tats is my team name.......and the draft I found strange and I guess I was lucky I even was able to make picks.....

Round 1 and I picked around last. I was amazed at the lack of QBs taken. I took QB- Russell Wilson
Then I was up very fast picking early in Round 2, and I took WR- Brandon Marshall
Then a wait to pick last in Round 3, but I got WR- Larry Fitzgerald
Then picking early in Round 4, and I took RB- Jeremy Hill ...GO BENGALS
Then a wait to pick last in Round 5 and I took RB - Giovani Bernard...GO BENGALS
Early in Round 6 my pick was the Seattle Seahawks Defense
Late in Round 7 then I grabbed WR- Jordan Matthews
Early in Round 8 took K- Justin Tucker
Late in Round 9 was TE- Zach Miller
Early in Round 10 was QB- Andy Dalton....GO BENGALS
Late in Round 11 was Packers Defense
Early in Round 12 was WR-Steve Smith
Late in Round 13 was RB- Chris Johnson
Early in Round 14 was TE - Austin Steferian-Jenkins

I immediately went to free agents and dropped Packers Defense, Steve Smith and Steferian-Jenkins
Added TE- Richard Rodgers, WR- Ted Ginn and Bengals Defense...GO BENGALS....but I won't know if I get
them until Wednesday. ....I guess this league I'm in starts week 2....I'm happy with these draft picks of mine for first time out. If I get TE Rodgers, that would help and Ginn would be My # 3 WR. ...Yes, I'm trying to dump Packers D to get Atkins and Dunlap and Bengals D. ....The draft was so fast with little time to find players I wanted on lists. ....I'm seeing a need to upgrade over Johnson at RB, and I'll have my eyes on free agent RBs as this goes along.

For my first Fantasy Draft, I can live with this...I'm happy with Seattle Super Bowl ring QB and Defense and my WR's and Kicker...Very happy getting Dalton and Bengals RB combo ...Maybe I should have taken AJ Green over Marshall, I was hoping I could get both, but I did get Fitzgerald.

RE: Fantasy football forum - StoneTheCrow - 09-11-2016

(09-11-2016, 12:44 AM)kevin Wrote: My first time ever at Fantasy Football....on a free one on CBS Sports....I wanted the opposite of a tough name, and being a Bengals Fan, The Puddy Tats is my team name.......and the draft I found strange and I guess I was lucky I even was able to make picks.....

Round 1 and I picked around last.  I was amazed at the lack of QBs taken.  I took QB- Russell Wilson
Then I was up very fast picking early in Round 2, and I took WR- Brandon Marshall
Then a wait to pick last in Round 3, but I got WR- Larry Fitzgerald
Then picking early in Round 4, and I took RB- Jeremy Hill ...GO BENGALS
Then a wait to pick last in Round 5 and I took RB - Giovani Bernard...GO BENGALS
Early in Round 6 my pick was the Seattle Seahawks Defense
Late in Round 7 then I grabbed WR- Jordan Matthews
Early in Round 8 took K- Justin Tucker
Late in Round 9 was TE- Zach Miller
Early in Round 10 was QB- Andy Dalton....GO BENGALS
Late in Round 11 was Packers Defense
Early in Round 12 was WR-Steve Smith
Late in Round 13 was RB- Chris Johnson
Early in Round 14 was TE - Austin Steferian-Jenkins

I immediately went to free agents and dropped Packers Defense, Steve Smith and Steferian-Jenkins
Added TE- Richard Rodgers, WR- Ted Ginn and Bengals Defense...GO BENGALS....but I won't know if I get
them until Wednesday. ....I guess this league I'm in starts week 2....I'm happy with these draft picks of mine for first time out.  If I get TE Rodgers, that would help and Ginn would be My # 3 WR. ...Yes, I'm trying to dump Packers D to get Atkins and Dunlap and Bengals D. ....The draft was so fast with little time to find players I wanted on lists. ....I'm seeing a need to upgrade over Johnson at RB, and I'll have my eyes on free agent RBs as this goes along.

For my first Fantasy Draft, I can live with this...I'm happy with Seattle Super Bowl ring QB and Defense and my WR's and Kicker...Very happy getting Dalton and Bengals RB combo ...Maybe I should have taken AJ Green over Marshall, I was hoping I could get both, but I did get Fitzgerald.

Never be amazed at lack of qbs taken in the first, they don't go there at all, typically. GO BENGALS is absolutely right. I make it a point to have stakes in Bengals every year.