Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Darqueze Dennard - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Darqueze Dennard (/Thread-Darqueze-Dennard)

Pages: 1 2

Darqueze Dennard - TheLeonardLeap - 09-09-2016

doubtful; definite downer, dude.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/09/darqueze-dennard-doubtful-for-opener/

RE: Darqueze Dennard - Big Boss - 09-09-2016

Shocker. And then once his "tweaked" ankle heals, carpal tunnel will keep him out another month.

RE: Darqueze Dennard - treee - 09-09-2016

Yeah that sucks but if they're seriously gonna put Shaw in the slot then I'm not overly worried. Guy has shown he's got some skillz.

RE: Darqueze Dennard - Go Cards - 09-09-2016

Sucks but really was not expecting him to play this week anyway.

RE: Darqueze Dennard - Thundercloud - 09-09-2016

Love the way Dennard plays when he's in there, but he's going to have career trouble if he can't get away from all these injury problems. He said in an interview the other day that he was hardly ever hurt in college. Don't now the history there for sure, but he could be a really important player for us if he can get on track.

Good luck to him on getting well.

RE: Darqueze Dennard - JumboTron - 09-09-2016

Kid just can't stay healthy which is even more frustrating considering he had slim to non-existent injury history while at MSU.

RE: Darqueze Dennard - OrlandoBengal - 09-09-2016

(09-09-2016, 07:49 PM)treee Wrote: Yeah that sucks but if they're seriously gonna put Shaw in the slot then I'm not overly worried. Guy has shown he's got some skillz.

I thought Shaw played really well last year.  If I'm not mistaken, he was projected to go much higher in the draft before the jumping out the window incident at USC?

About Dennard though... he and Eifert seem to heal at the same rate.  I know you really can't trust what is said, but he supposedly "tweaked" an ankle.  That was five weeks ago and he is still not ready to go.

RE: Darqueze Dennard - Marlon23 - 09-09-2016

He has the best job in the world. Great Pay and does absolutely nothing.

RE: Darqueze Dennard - milksheikh - 09-09-2016

(09-09-2016, 08:17 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I thought Shaw played really well last year.  If I'm not mistaken, he was projected to go much higher in the draft before the jumping out the window incident at USC?

About Dennard though... he and Eifert seem to heal at the same rate.  I know you really can't trust what is said, but he supposedly "tweaked" an ankle.  That was five weeks ago and he is still not ready to go.

If I remember correctly, he would've been considered a high 2nd / 1st if he didn't lie about the incident...

RE: Darqueze Dennard - Goalpost - 09-09-2016

(09-09-2016, 07:59 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: He said in an interview the other day that he was hardly ever hurt in college. 

Truth.  His Bengal bio states that he started 38 games the last three years at Michigan State.
He was durable in college.

RE: Darqueze Dennard - treee - 09-09-2016

(09-09-2016, 10:19 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Truth.  His Bengal bio states that he started 38 games the last three years at Michigan State.

I think young CBs might just be more prone to injury. At least, that is the trend I've noticed in the NFL in general. It is not easy on the ankles and knees guarding NFL WRs...

RE: Darqueze Dennard - NATI BENGALS - 09-10-2016

Shaw and Derron Smith might be our unexpected saviors this year. I would love to see those two become great. Maybe it would help us end this obsession with first round CBs.

RE: Darqueze Dennard - phil413 - 09-10-2016

(09-10-2016, 02:50 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Shaw and Derron Smith might be our unexpected saviors this year. I would love to see those two become great. Maybe it would help us end this obsession with first round CBs.

Yeah, the two of them may get more reps in general.  I'd like to see them out together with Smith subbing for Williams at times.  Keeps them fresh but also gives you some versatility with Iloka, Smith and Shaw on the field together.   

RE: Darqueze Dennard - masonbengals fan - 09-10-2016

Figured this was coming. The guy just can't stay on the field. All the talent in the world does no good if you're standing on the sidelines seemingly every game.

RE: Darqueze Dennard - SHRacerX - 09-10-2016

(09-09-2016, 10:19 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Truth.  His Bengal bio states that he started 38 games the last three years at Michigan State.

Maybe it is a (state) of Michigan thing...Chris Perry was very durable at Michigan.  China Doll here. 

This guy needs to make an impact this year so they feel they can let Dre go at the end of the season and roll 2017 with Adam Jones, WJIII, and Dennard plus a certain high draft pick. 

RE: Darqueze Dennard - zygrot24 - 09-10-2016

Sucks he wont be out there for the game against the Jets. That being said, i think we will be fine with Shaw and smith in there. As for DD, I am not concerned to about about his injuries thus far. Can seriously see him getting right from the ankle, and returning to his MSU durable self.

RE: Darqueze Dennard - GreenCornBengal - 09-10-2016

(09-10-2016, 11:04 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Maybe it is a (state) of Michigan thing...Chris Perry was very durable at Michigan.  China Doll here. 

This guy needs to make an impact this year so they feel they can let Dre go at the end of the season and roll 2017 with Adam Jones, WJIII, and Dennard plus a certain high draft pick. 

LeVeon Bell isn't too durable either... you might be on to something.

RE: Darqueze Dennard - BURROWorBUST - 09-10-2016

Better start scouting CBs for the 2017 draft. You know we'll take one in the first.

RE: Darqueze Dennard - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-10-2016

(09-09-2016, 07:49 PM)treee Wrote: Yeah that sucks but if they're seriously gonna put Shaw in the slot then I'm not overly worried. Guy has shown he's got some skillz.

I am with treee on this one I would be more upset if we didn't have Shaw this guy has been really impressive anytime he has been on the field. Him and CLH.

RE: Darqueze Dennard - Captain Happy Pants - 09-10-2016

(09-10-2016, 07:05 PM)Shady Wrote: Better start scouting CBs for the 2017 draft. You know we'll take one in the first.

Maybe they'll start seeing a pattern and draft another position in the first.  Why draft CB every year when they get injured?  I think they should trade up for a stud WR (Boyd is awesome so far and so is Eifert if healthy), but imagine a first round pick slot WR like AB complimenting AJ the deep threat