Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Picman Returning Kicks - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Picman Returning Kicks (/Thread-Picman-Returning-Kicks)

Pages: 1 2

Picman Returning Kicks - NATI BENGALS - 09-12-2016

You have to be kidding me with this. The guy who admittedly refuses to fair catch punts and just so happens to be our best CB returning kicks in the first game?

We stole a huge win in a trap game. But the coaches decision to let Picman run out kicks is mind boggling. When the kick has gone into the endzone the last few years guys are lucky to get it out to the 20. Well now the rule is you get the ball on the 25 for touchbacks.

I hope this is the last time this year i see Adam Jones run a kick out of the endzone and take a monster shot at the 10 yard line. When a simple knee gets you the 25 take it every time. This shouldnt even be a discussion.

OMG WTF. Take a knee and take the ball on the 25 any time you can. And for God's sake dont make our best DB go back there and let him get destroyed.

RE: Picman Returning Kicks - BengalChris - 09-12-2016

I think Pacman is allowed to go in and return kicks any ol' time he wants and if he wants to bring one out nobody is going to say anything cause he's got the skills and speed to return one a long ways.

RE: Picman Returning Kicks - Derrick - 09-12-2016

Speaking of kicking game. I thought the Bengals looked pretty bad on kick coverage and kick returns today. Is Peerman that valuable?

RE: Picman Returning Kicks - SHRacerX - 09-12-2016

I would rather not have Jones out there as well. Not because he isn't the best option, but because our depth at CB is so thin. Go with Burkhead and Erickson.

RE: Picman Returning Kicks - BURROWorBUST - 09-12-2016

And he got levelled on that one kickoff return! Say What OMG

I'll give it up for him though. He's tough and hangs onto the ball.

RE: Picman Returning Kicks - Nicomo Cosca - 09-12-2016

Disagree it was a trap game. That's a good Jets team.

I'm with you on not using Pacman for returns though. He's too valuable, and if he gets hurt we're screwed.

RE: Picman Returning Kicks - Roland - 09-12-2016

I imagine that if they hadn't had him in there then someone would be here chiding them for not taking advantage of their game breaker. But I agree, let's not have him in there unless we really need a game breaker. Alex Erickson showed good decision making, clean catches, and he dug them out of bad field position against good coverage on one of his punt returns.

I'm sure that lack of Peerman played a role in the teams problems, but I'm betting that it was overall lack of experience, missed assignments, and poor tackling. I'll be interested to see the coaches film on Gamepass.

RE: Picman Returning Kicks - jeremydc - 09-12-2016

Never was a trap game. Only the Homers thought so. Gang Green came off a 10 win season. Plus, the environment we played at.

Pacman may be loosing a step or two. Stick to defense. Let Erickson and Burk carry the load on returns.

A few more of these and Packman is out.

https://vine.co/v/5Jj16YYrx07

RE: Picman Returning Kicks - Nicomo Cosca - 09-12-2016

He's a year older than Revis too. No need to put extra miles on him if we have other options. Don't want to see him drop off with his CB play. Which is still at a pretty high level. Especially at his age. 

RE: Picman Returning Kicks - Sled21 - 09-12-2016

(09-12-2016, 01:37 AM)Derrick Wrote: Speaking of kicking game. I thought the Bengals looked pretty bad on kick coverage and kick returns today. Is Peerman that valuable?

Yes, he is, and I said that consistently during all the Tra Carson hype and how we should keep him instead of Peerman because Pro Bowl ST players, you know,  grow on trees... Peerman was Captain on that Squad and it was his baby.

RE: Picman Returning Kicks - Essex Johnson - 09-12-2016

(09-12-2016, 01:28 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: You have to be kidding me with this. The guy who admittedly refuses to fair catch punts and just so happens to be our best CB returning kicks in the first game?

We stole a huge win in a trap game. But the coaches decision to let Picman run out kicks is mind boggling. When the kick has gone into the endzone the last few years guys are lucky to get it out to the 20. Well now the rule is you get the ball on the 25 for touchbacks.

I hope this is the last time this year i see Adam Jones run a kick out of the endzone and take a monster shot at the 10 yard line. When a simple knee gets you the 25 take it every time. This shouldnt even be a discussion.

OMG WTF. Take a knee and take the ball on the 25 any time you can. And for God's sake dont make our best DB go back there and let him get destroyed.

How did it work out for Peterson from Arizona... hmmm

RE: Picman Returning Kicks - jason - 09-12-2016

(09-12-2016, 03:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Disagree it was a trap game. That's a good Jets team.

I'm with you on not using Pacman for returns though. He's too valuable, and if he gets hurt we're screwed.
I don't think Pacman has it in him to be returning kicks or punts anymore. He looked a step slower yesterday.

RE: Picman Returning Kicks - leonardfan40 - 09-12-2016

(09-12-2016, 08:59 AM)jason Wrote: I don't think Pacman has it in him to be returning kicks or punts anymore. He looked a step slower yesterday.

I don't think there is any reason to use him there regardless of whether or not he lost a step. And it is week one so let's not go crazy saying he lost a step already.

He is WAY to valuable to our defense to be running him out there as much as we did yesterday. If we need a spark or want to give him 1 return a game then sure give him a chance every once in a while. He seemed to be out there just about every return tho. We didn't use him that much when we had Tate who is no better than erickson so why use him this much now. We kept Erickson on the 53 and he was active yesterday. He isn't going to help us on offense so let the kid do what he's here for, return kicks. Keep one of our best players in pacman healthy and playing defense where he is really needed

RE: Picman Returning Kicks - GodFather - 09-12-2016

[Image: picman.JPG]

RE: Picman Returning Kicks - JumboTron - 09-12-2016

How on earth is the first game on an NFL schedule, which was a road game, be categorized as a "trap game"?

RE: Picman Returning Kicks - ochocincos - 09-12-2016

[Image: tumblr_mo27k9wwd91qkzy84o1_500.png]

RE: Picman Returning Kicks - jason - 09-12-2016

(09-12-2016, 11:14 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I don't think there is any reason to use him there regardless of whether or not he lost a step. And it is week one so let's not go crazy saying he lost a step already.

He is WAY to valuable to our defense to be running him out there as much as we did yesterday. If we need a spark or want to give him 1 return a game then sure give him a chance every once in a while. He seemed to be out there just about every return tho. We didn't use him that much when we had Tate who is no better than erickson so why use him this much now. We kept Erickson on the 53 and he was active yesterday. He isn't going to help us on offense so let the kid do what he's here for, return kicks. Keep one of our best players in pacman healthy and playing defense where he is really needed
I'm not sure it's going crazy if he didn't make a single guy miss yesterday... Not even a D lineman. Dude's in his mid thirties. It's ok to lose a step. I didn't say he can't play anymore.

RE: Picman Returning Kicks - bfine32 - 09-12-2016

I must admit the OP has me confused. Should I be mad at the coaches or Pacman?

RE: Picman Returning Kicks - leonardfan40 - 09-12-2016

(09-12-2016, 08:54 PM)jason Wrote: I'm not sure it's going crazy if he didn't make a single guy miss yesterday... Not even a D lineman. Dude's in his mid thirties. It's ok to lose a step. I didn't say he can't play anymore.

It was a single game and he returned a few kicks. Saying he's lost a step from such a small sample is a huge overreaction. Let the season play out a bit before jumping to conclusions based on one game. If that's the way it works then I guess you must think this O line is going to give up 112 sacks because they had a bad game week one

RE: Picman Returning Kicks - NATI BENGALS - 09-12-2016

(09-12-2016, 09:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I must admit the OP has me confused. Should I be mad at the coaches or Pacman?

Coaches for putting him back there. And giving the green light to anyone returning kicks to bring it out of the endzone.

The league makes a change to improve safety and reduce collisions in the play responsible for the most injuries.. And we say screw that we want worse starting field position and our defensive captain to take massive brutal hits? 

I thought after seeing Picman demolished at the 10 yard line everybody would be on board with this.