Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Week 2 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2016 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2016-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** (/Thread-Week-2-GameDay-Thread-Bengals-Steelers)

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - treee - 09-18-2016

A nice breather for the D at the end of the half too. As long as it stays dry I see our O exploding in the second half.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - Rattler - 09-18-2016

Feeling good about the defense, particularly since our line has been blatantly held often.
Hope to see Ben blown the eff up in the 2nd half.

The offense and special teams have been nothing short of pitiful. No running game whatsover
and that is a huge problem for any team.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - jfkbengals - 09-18-2016

(09-18-2016, 03:33 PM)Tankvet Wrote: i'm ok with 10 - 6 at half with how awful we've played

But we really haven't.

We've been trapped in our own end most of the game on offense.  Hard to score every time that occurs.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - Stonyhands - 09-18-2016

Only down 6-10 with a completely biased officiating crew.

1 gifted TD on a clearly non-catch, biased penalty calling, and rampant blatant holds going uncalled. A push of Green a yard out of bounds and Mitchell taking cheap shots all game.

All equate to the Steelers being complete trash since they are only up 4 points despite the ref bias.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - Joelist - 09-18-2016

Let's stop the stupid Andy bashing. He has had a grand total of two bad throws out of 27. In the rain and with no run game and not the best blocking. Our problems are play calling and poor run and pass blocking. We've also had two drops by Uzomah and one by AJ. It's sloppy but I still think this is typical for us versus the Stealers - they are in our team's heads and we just don't play well against them.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - Ricky Spanish - 09-18-2016

Getting 3 is great. I fully expected a 2 minute TD drive from the Stool.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - phil413 - 09-18-2016

(09-18-2016, 03:33 PM)Tankvet Wrote: i'm ok with 10 - 6 at half with how awful we've played

No doubt.  I know we gotta rise above adversity, but the refs are dictating the game beyond belief by not calling Holds on the Pitt OL.  Its going to take AJ and Co. making big plays after the catch and nobody messing it up. 

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - Yojimbo - 09-18-2016

The O has to establish the run in the second half. We need I formation, 2 TE sets, extra lineman, get Fisher on the field blocking.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - bengalguy71 - 09-18-2016

(09-18-2016, 03:35 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Our receivers need to stop dropping the ball. What do we have 4 drops so far? Dalton needs to step it up too. The defense has been playing well. I'm starting to get worried about Zamp too. The playcalling has been sub par.

Agreed!  Andy has always struggled against Pitt, but Pig Pen has the same problem this game.

I think Zamp has given up on the run too soon????

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - grampahol - 09-18-2016

(09-18-2016, 03:34 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: No we aren't.  Haven't you been reading the thread?

Yup..the end is nigh..We're gonna die. 
If we win this it wont be from help from the refs..

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - leonardfan40 - 09-18-2016

(09-18-2016, 03:36 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Only down 6-10 with a completely biased officiating crew.  

1 gifted TD on a clearly non-catch, biased penalty calling, and rampant blatant holds going uncalled.  A push of Green a yard out of bounds and Mitchell taking cheap shots all game.  

All equate to the Steelers being complete trash since they are only up 4 points despite the ref bias.

The TD was legit, we bengals fans are just still pissed about the bs non eifert TD call last year against Baltimore 

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - Rattler - 09-18-2016

(09-18-2016, 03:35 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: HOW IN THE WORLD CAN THE REFS JUSTIFY A WHOLE HALF WITHOUT ANY PENALTIES AGAINST PITTSBURGH!!!

I know we are still in the game guys, but my concern has actually come true for the first half!!

LOPSIDED penalties!!

The preferential treatment admitted JUST because of franchise success is WRRRRROOOONNNNGGGGGG!!

WHO DEY BOYS!  We'll have to beat 12 men but it's doable!!

Meanwhile we drew three flags on one play. 

No holding calls is obvious home cooking for the stool curtain.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - Ricky Spanish - 09-18-2016

I'm drunk already. Damn Octoberfest is good shit lol

WHO DEY

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - Brownshoe - 09-18-2016

(09-18-2016, 03:36 PM)Joelist Wrote: Let's stop the stupid Andy bashing. He has had a grand total of two bad throws out of 27. In the rain and with no run game and not the best blocking. Our problems are play calling and poor run and pass blocking. We've also had two drops by Uzomah and one by AJ. It's sloppy but I still think this is typical for us versus the Stealers - they are in our team's heads and we just don't play well against them.

Dalton hasn't played horrible. The receivers dropped 4 balls so far. The play calling is bad too imo (it's improved through the game. The run game is booty.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - bengalguy71 - 09-18-2016

(09-18-2016, 03:39 PM)Rattler Wrote: Meanwhile we drew three flags on one play. 

No holding calls is obvious home cooking for the stool curtain.

Can they beat 12 men???

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - kevin - 09-18-2016

(09-18-2016, 03:36 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: But we really haven't.

We've been trapped in our own end most of the game on offense.  Hard to score every time that occurs.

Great point....some fans never consider field position....some TV announcers don't either.....The rookie made a rookie mistake catching the ball inside the 5......

Lets HOPE we get better field position in 2nd half......weather is SUPPOSE to be better in 2nd half per weather stations. ...less or no rain....

The O Line needs to get with it.....

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - Nicomo Cosca - 09-18-2016

(09-18-2016, 03:36 PM)Joelist Wrote: Let's stop the stupid Andy bashing. He has had a grand total of two bad throws out of 27. In the rain and with no run game and not the best blocking. Our problems are play calling and poor run and pass blocking. We've also had two drops by Uzomah and one by AJ. It's sloppy but I still think this is typical for us versus the Stealers - they are in our team's heads and we just don't play well against them.

This. If only Andy's Oline was allowed to hold and grab jerseys. 

We didn't look great (neither do they), but the officiating isn't helping either. 

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - leonardfan40 - 09-18-2016

(09-18-2016, 03:36 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: But we really haven't.

^This

Story of the first half is bengals poor ST's and the horrible field position combined with the early downpour. All things considered I'm pretty pleased with the O and thrilled with the D. Definitely in a good position to try to win this thing

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - CKwi88 - 09-18-2016

Doing alright all things considered.

Gotta start getting 6 instead of three. Hopefully we can get better field position in the 2nd half.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - phil413 - 09-18-2016

(09-18-2016, 03:36 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Only down 6-10 with a completely biased officiating crew.  

1 gifted TD on a clearly non-catch, biased penalty calling, and rampant blatant holds going uncalled.  A push of Green a yard out of bounds and Mitchell taking cheap shots all game.  

IF Cincy can come back and overcome this debacle, this will be the spark that starts a big roll through the regular season.  Lament about the postseason, but I really see Cincy starting a big win streak based off of this game.