Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bengals Growl Fight Song - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bengals Growl Fight Song (/Thread-Bengals-Growl-Fight-Song)

Pages: 1 2

Bengals Growl Fight Song - CageTheBengal - 09-18-2016

Quote:George Bird was a close friend to Paul E. Brown, founder of the Cleveland Browns and Cincinnati Bengals.

When Paul Brown started the Cleveland Browns he asked his friend, George Bird, to be his Entertainment Director and he accepted. George had a 14-piece band called Bird’s Band and his band played live at all the home games.

When Paul came to Cincinnati to form the Bengals, once again he asked George to be the Entertainment Director for the Bengals. Once again he accepted. George at some point became ill and was hospitalized. He was quite unhappy that he was in the hospital, so while lying in bed he jokingly decided to write a song titled “Bengals Growl.”

Today the "Bengals Growl" fight song continues to be popular among Bengals fans young and old.

Hear that Bengal growlin' mean and angry
Here he comes a prowlin' lean and hungry
An offensive brute
Run, pass or boot
And defensively he's rough, tough
Cincinnati Bengals
That's the team we're going to cheer to victory
Touchdown Bengals get some points upon that board
And win a game for Cincinnati

This song gets me straight pumped! Tiger

RE: Bengals Growl Fight Song - StoneTheCrow - 09-18-2016

So corny, but I love it.

Run, pass or boot. LOL

RE: Bengals Growl Fight Song - Awful Llama - 10-01-2016

Great experience to be in PBS after a TD, singing and gesturing with 65,000 other fans (minus the visiting fans, of course, and Bengal fans with sticks up their butts).

RE: Bengals Growl Fight Song - reuben.ahmed - 10-08-2016

need to change fight song to eye of the tiger

RE: Bengals Growl Fight Song - HarleyDog - 10-08-2016

(10-08-2016, 11:00 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: need to change fight song to eye of the tiger

No. That song sucks ass.

RE: Bengals Growl Fight Song - reuben.ahmed - 10-09-2016

Not when I air guitar it.

RE: Bengals Growl Fight Song - Awful Llama - 10-09-2016

(10-09-2016, 05:15 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Not when I air guitar it.

Well, duh  ThumbsUp

RE: Bengals Growl Fight Song - BoBengal - 12-04-2016

(09-18-2016, 12:21 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: So corny, but I love it.

Run, pass or boot. LOL

haha agreed.

RE: Bengals Growl Fight Song - Shouldamapads - 10-08-2018

I don't care what you guys say, this song is hideously poor. Everyone who I talk to outside of Cincinnati fans, think it's a joke.

RE: Bengals Growl Fight Song - Truck_1_0_1_ - 10-08-2018

(10-08-2018, 11:24 AM)Shouldamapads Wrote: I don't care what you guys say, this song is hideously poor. Everyone who I talk to outside of Cincinnati fans, think it's a joke.

Yeah, because that, "Fly Eagles Fly," shit is so much better right? Because its, "beloved by most fans," makes it better, right?

All of these fight songs are corny PsOS, mainly because they were created in the 50s and 60s, when peoples expectations were lower.

Its a part of NFL lore and tradition; sit down, deal with it.

RE: Bengals Growl Fight Song - Awful Llama - 10-08-2018

(10-08-2018, 11:29 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yeah, because that, "Fly Eagles Fly," shit is so much better right? Because its, "beloved by most fans," makes it better, right?

All of these fight songs are corny PsOS, mainly because they were created in the 50s and 60s, when peoples expectations were lower.

Its a part of NFL lore and tradition; sit down, deal with it.

Pretty much.  I kinda like the Philly song, though, Washington's too.  Why, as a younger man, I regaled the denizens of the Silver Dome many a Thanksgiving game with my rendition of Gridiron Heroes.   

It's a hoot to be in person at PBS signing Bengals Growl, especially yesterday.  So many smug fish fans, convinced they had the W locked away, standing mute and forlorn as we sang that stupid, corny, "hideously poor" song at the top of our lungs on the way to glorious victory.  Can't beat that with a stick.

Bengals Growl Fight Song - bjf123 - 10-08-2018

i just have one issue with the song. The last line should be “And win the game for Cincinnati.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: Bengals Growl Fight Song - Truck_1_0_1_ - 10-09-2018

(10-08-2018, 07:13 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Pretty much.  I kinda like the Philly song, though, Washington's too.  Why, as a younger man, I regaled the denizens of the Silver Dome many a Thanksgiving game with my rendition of Gridiron Heroes.   

It's a hoot to be in person at PBS signing Bengals Growl, especially yesterday.  So many smug fish fans, convinced they had the W locked away, standing mute and forlorn as we sang that stupid, corny, "hideously poor" song at the top of our lungs on the way to glorious victory.  Can't beat that with a stick.

Indeed. All 3 of my attended games, I belt it at the top of my lungs, its awesome lol.

I hum it quite a bit as I'm cooking and the like.

RE: Bengals Growl Fight Song - Awful Llama - 10-09-2018

(10-08-2018, 08:00 PM)bjf123 Wrote: i just have one issue with the song.  The last line should be “And win the game for Cincinnati.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just had to run through the entire song in my head to get to the last line.  Think of it as a throwback to the '90s when we were just trying to win a game - any game.

RE: Bengals Growl Fight Song - Fan_in_Kettering - 05-08-2019

“Bengals Growl” is the worst fight song in sports history. It’s terrible. The words are out of a 1940s radio program, the music is from a bygone century, and it’s not fun to sing.

If I could write music I would come up with another fight song.

RE: Bengals Growl Fight Song - Bengalitis - 12-08-2019

(09-18-2016, 11:49 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote:

Hear that Bengal growlin' mean and angry
Here he comes a prowlin' lean and hungry
An offensive brute
Run, pass or boot
And defensively he's rough, tough
Cincinnati Bengals
That's the team we're going to cheer to victory
Touchdown Bengals get some points upon that board
And win a game for Cincinnati

This song gets me straight pumped! Tiger

with Mike brown leading the parade twirling a baton in jest.  Ninja

RE: Bengals Growl Fight Song - grampahol - 12-15-2019

You know..for some reason I just don't see the stadium filling up with thousands of fans singing this song in unison.. Call me skeptical if you must.. Nervous

RE: Bengals Growl Fight Song - grampahol - 12-15-2019

I still remember my Jr High school fight song.. ALL the words included.. For some corney reason our social studies teacher/defensive coach thought it a good idea that we all memorize and sing it at the beginning of every class despite never winning a single game. Hey, I was in 7th grade so I learned the whole thing and still remember it.. The song was based on the OSU fight song

RE: Bengals Growl Fight Song - treee - 01-15-2022

Not ideal but if our D keeps rattling Carr it doesn't even matter

RE: Bengals Growl Fight Song - grampahol - 01-16-2022

You have to give it to Mikey boy.. Not even the Great Redeemer himself would touch Antonio Brown with a Rooney dick.. That alone makes him a good egg if absolutely nothing else.. LOL