Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
How many of you would do this? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: How many of you would do this? (/Thread-How-many-of-you-would-do-this)

How many of you would do this? - 740Bengal - 09-26-2016

On the way home from PBS yesterday I discussed this with my buddy and father. If you KNEW without the shadow of a doubt that if we went like tanked and went like 4-12 that Marvin Lewis would be fired 100%, would you pray/hope for that tanking?

RE: How many of you would do this? - Bengalbug - 09-26-2016

(09-26-2016, 10:24 AM)740Bengal Wrote: On the way home from PBS yesterday I discussed this with my buddy and father.  If you KNEW without the shadow of a doubt that if we went like tanked and went like 4-12 that Marvin Lewis would be fired 100%, would you pray/hope for that tanking?

No, I want the bengals to win every year... I would like to never see another 4-12 season in my life.

Plus how are you so sure the next coach would be any better, now sure bengals HC job is in high demand.  

RE: How many of you would do this? - GodFather - 09-26-2016

(09-26-2016, 10:24 AM)740Bengal Wrote: On the way home from PBS yesterday I discussed this with my buddy and father.  If you KNEW without the shadow of a doubt that if we went like tanked and went like 4-12 that Marvin Lewis would be fired 100%, would you pray/hope for that tanking?

Thats where you reasoning is wrong. When Marvin really tanks...he really gets a longer contract extension. So if the Bengals tanked this year at 4-12, Marvin would get an extension through 2021.

RE: How many of you would do this? - 740Bengal - 09-26-2016

(09-26-2016, 10:27 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: No, I want the bengals to win every year... I would like to never see another 4-12 season in my life.

Plus how are you so sure the next coach would be any better, now sure bengals HC job is in high demand.  

ANYBODY..... 

RE: How many of you would do this? - yellowxdiscipline - 09-26-2016

Nah I never want to see us tank. We have too much talent on this roster to throw away a season. Were good enough that all we need is to get in the post season and we have a shot.

You just hope that someone running the team is competent enough to see that this team isn't going anywhere with Marvin at the helm.

RE: How many of you would do this? - wildcats forever - 09-26-2016

Nope, not a chance with the way you worded your poll, as it's an incomplete thought. Of course I want better than we currently have. Had you included his successor, it might have merit. But that would have to be someone like Belicheat, or at least a coach whom the league respected, if not outright feared for their innate winning ways. However, to have the team go 4&12 just to be rid of the current staff w/o knowing it gets something better in return to consider is not something I'd be up for at all.

RE: How many of you would do this? - Nicomo Cosca - 09-26-2016

Mike Brown would still be running things, so no.

RE: How many of you would do this? - Interceptor - 09-26-2016

(09-26-2016, 10:38 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: We have too much talent on this roster to throw away a season.

True. We have the coaching staff to throw it away for us.

RE: How many of you would do this? - 740Bengal - 09-26-2016

With all this being said, I'm still confident for this season, this was just something discussed by my group heading back down 32.

RE: How many of you would do this? - corpjet - 09-26-2016

Not a snowballs chance in hell would I do that!

RE: How many of you would do this? - Derrick - 09-26-2016

(09-26-2016, 10:38 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Nah I never want to see us tank. We have too much talent on this roster to throw away a season. Were good enough that all we need is to get in the post season and we have a shot.

You just hope that someone running the team is competent enough to see that this team isn't going anywhere with Marvin at the helm.

I agree with everything but the "too much talent". I am beginning to think these guys have been way over hyped...watch the games if you don't agree. We are also told how great these Bengal coaches are...wanna bet?

I definitely agree with your last comment.

RE: How many of you would do this? - Bengal Dude - 09-26-2016

Nope.

Why? A lot of people within the organization are huge fans of Paulie G and think he's a future HC. So if Marvin is fired, PG is the guy we hire. So I'm not going to hope for 4-12 when I already know what the end result is going to be.