Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Are we making the playoffs this year? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Are we making the playoffs this year? (/Thread-Are-we-making-the-playoffs-this-year)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Are we making the playoffs this year? - reuben.ahmed - 09-26-2016

It's early, but 1/4th of the season is about to be over - so it's time to ask.

Vote with the gut, not the heart.  Cry

RE: Are we making the playoffs this year? - Fresno B - 09-26-2016

This team looks bad. We will be lucky to reach 9-7.

RE: Are we making the playoffs this year? - fredtoast - 09-26-2016

(09-26-2016, 04:35 PM)Fresno B Wrote: This team looks bad. We will be lucky to reach 9-7.

Where do you see 7 losses?

RE: Are we making the playoffs this year? - Devils Advocate - 09-26-2016

Yes we make the playoffs.

Are we making the playoffs this year? - bjf123 - 09-26-2016

(09-26-2016, 04:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Where do you see 7 losses?

I agree with Fresno. I see the five additional losses as Pats, Giants, Ravens, Eagles, and Steelers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: Are we making the playoffs this year? - Millhouse - 09-26-2016

Until we get better trench play on both sides of the ball, and better back-end play on defense if the d-line cant get a pass rush, I have to vote no. The jury is still out on Zampese as well, but we definitely have enough skill players on offense to make the playoffs and win.

If we lose this Thursday, then that no vote will be almost a lock.

RE: Are we making the playoffs this year? - jcfreeman0 - 09-26-2016

I'd add Houston to that list of L's. They never match up well with them. Plus its at their house in prime time. Cowboys look tougher this year too. And they have a rook qb...

RE: Are we making the playoffs this year? - guyofthetiger - 09-26-2016

Still sticking to my 11-5 prediction. The Bengals will be 2-2 after Thursday night. We get Burfict and Eifert back to go 9-3 the rest of the season. The Steelers looked worse on Sunday than any game the Bengals played.

RE: Are we making the playoffs this year? - Hammerstripes - 09-26-2016

My gut still says 10-6/11-5. That's what I thought when I looked at the schedule and worked through it before the season started.

Keep in mind (or at least I do) that I had us starting at 3-3 and I don't really see anything that will change my opinion on that.

That being said, Eifert and Burfict are so valuable to this team.

RE: Are we making the playoffs this year? - Whacked - 09-26-2016

(09-26-2016, 05:15 PM)bjf123 Wrote: I agree with Fresno. I see the five additional losses as Pats, Giants, Ravens, Eagles, and Steelers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ to the Rat Turds and Texans. Mark me down for 7-9

RE: Are we making the playoffs this year? - BengalHawk62 - 09-26-2016

Playoffs!  Playoffs?

6-10, sticking to it. 

RE: Are we making the playoffs this year? - Nately120 - 09-26-2016

Doesn't 9-7 usually get the 6th seed in the AFC? I can't see the Bengals dropping more than that unless some key injuries happen.

RE: Are we making the playoffs this year? - J24 - 09-26-2016

I thought we would struggle early on in the year and we have. We beat the a tough Jets team in new York on 9-11 and we lost to the Steelers and the defending champs. Also has to be pointed out that both Vontaz and Eifert have been missing but will come back.  I see us being 11-5 or 12-4 at the end of the season. Also still think we will win it all.

RE: Are we making the playoffs this year? - BengalChris - 09-26-2016

It's bit early, but thus far the team has not improved as the season has progressed and there are a number of good teams to beat and there are those years where we make Cleveland look like a good team for a game.

So unless they improve there's not going to be a playoff.

RE: Are we making the playoffs this year? - Big Boss - 09-26-2016

My gut says no.

RE: Are we making the playoffs this year? - bengals67 - 09-26-2016

Unless the play of O and D line improves dramatically, we are not making playoffs - but if we do we will lose first game once again.

The reason why we cannot beat the top teams is in the trenches.

Dalton would have sliced and diced our D  if he had been the Denver QB yesterday.

If The Denver QB had played for the bengals, at best we score only 7 points.

WE are getting no push up the middle this year. Dunlop has one sack I think. O line is porous particularly up the middle.

If I had to bet- and this kills me - I see us finishing out of the playoffs with a record between 9-7 and 7-9.

If we lose to Miami on Thursday the season is over.  Could be 1-6 through Pats game.

I hate to be this pessimistic and it is not my nature.

RE: Are we making the playoffs this year? - BengalChris - 09-26-2016

(09-26-2016, 05:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Doesn't 9-7 usually get the 6th seed in the AFC?  I can't see the Bengals dropping more than that unless some key injuries happen.

Only if you win some tie breakers.

RE: Are we making the playoffs this year? - Ricky Spanish - 09-26-2016

Still on pace IMO. I said they would go 3-3 the 1st 6 weeks but I was expecting a win against Denver

RE: Are we making the playoffs this year? - Awful Llama - 09-26-2016

Hope this thread gets stickied so we can return after the Baltimore game - or at whatever point we mathematically clinch/are mathematically eliminated from a playoff spot - so we can review. I'm voting no, but I'd looooove to be eating some crow come January. Best to eat it in a month with an R in it, anyway.

RE: Are we making the playoffs this year? - bengals73 - 09-26-2016

I'm not feeling Playoffs... I'm going with 8-8 and miss the playoffs.

I sure hope I'm wrong.