Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Since we LOVE discussing skin color.... - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Since we LOVE discussing skin color.... (/Thread-Since-we-LOVE-discussing-skin-color)

Pages: 1 2

Since we LOVE discussing skin color.... - Rotobeast - 10-03-2016

Since we LOVE discussing skin color....

What are you thoughts on tattoos and the people who discriminate against them ?

http://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/tattoos-in-the-workplace-will-ink-sink-your-career.html/?a=viewall

I don't have a problem with most of them.
I find neck (front/side), face, hand, and finger tattoos less than appealing.
I've walked out of restaurants when seeing an employee with those tattoos.
I suppose it's a psychological thing where I associate it with being unclean.
I cannot help that it changes my appetite.
Facial piercings (mainly nose and lip) REALLY repulse me from eating in an establishment that hires such a person.
I can only think of boogers collecting on the inside of the nose-ring, waiting to fall on my food.
With the lip-ring, I visualize saliva oozing through the lip hole, drizzling my food.
Oh, gauged ears.... you ever smell these things ?
I imagine chunks of ear-cheese in my salad.

Now....mind you.....
I have A LOT of friends that have tats, piercings, ect... but I don't really go to their house for dinner.

So yeah.... I have No-Ink Privilege.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

RE: Since we LOVE discussing skin color.... - GMDino - 10-03-2016

In general I don't have a problem with them.

I can understand where the face / more visible ones can make employers nervous, but some of the finest people I know have lots of tattoos.

RE: Since we LOVE discussing skin color.... - Rotobeast - 10-03-2016

(10-03-2016, 01:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: some of the finest people I know have lots of tattoos.

Same here.
My wife has a couple, but professionally placed, with business in mind.

I think aversion to things like this go back to a more tribal/animalistic time in our evolution.

RE: Since we LOVE discussing skin color.... - bfine32 - 10-03-2016

This was a big deal recently in the Army. The higher ups came down with some pretty restrictive guidelines; however. it didn't take too long for them to realize they made a mistake.

RE: Since we LOVE discussing skin color.... - bfine32 - 10-03-2016

(10-03-2016, 01:51 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Same here.

.........not gonna do it.

(10-03-2016, 02:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: .........not gonna do it.
Awww.... but the bait is right there.
Big Grin

RE: Since we LOVE discussing skin color.... - GMDino - 10-03-2016

I think aversion to things like this go back to a more tribal/animalistic time in our evolution.

I never saw the reason to get one, other than to identify the body later.   Ninja

But different people have different reasons.  I have friends that have several in memory of someone who passed.  I know one who got her first at 60 because she always wanted one and didn't have the nerve to before that.

But to each their own on this one.

RE: Since we LOVE discussing skin color.... - Belsnickel - 10-03-2016

I've considered it for quite some time, the problem is that I have promised myself I won't do it until every time I consider it and think about what I would like done the same image sounds good to me for two years unabated. It hasn't happened yet.

I had thought of getting one or two, in the early-mid nineties, before everyone and their brother started getting them (tribals/tramp-stamps).
The few original thing I'd conjure up would seem to end up on some celebrity, before I could get it done.
Another colossal problem is that I am very picky and very cheap.
Those don't jive together, when dealing with tattoos....lol

RE: Since we LOVE discussing skin color.... - treee - 10-03-2016

It depends. I don't really mind tattoos unless they're depicting something I find distasteful, which is completely subjective.

RE: Since we LOVE discussing skin color.... - Nately120 - 10-03-2016

I don't mind if people have tattoos, but wouldn't tattoos sort of lose that cool and edgy factor if they were completely accepted by mainstream society? Personally, I see the whole tattoo thing on the same level as claiming to be terrified of clowns; at one point it made you different and interesting but everyone started doing it and now having zero tattoos and NOT being terrified of clowns makes you a rebel.

Wacky, eh?

(10-03-2016, 05:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't mind if people have tattoos, but wouldn't tattoos sort of lose that cool and edgy factor if they were completely accepted by mainstream society? Personally, I see the whole tattoo thing on the same level as claiming to be terrified of clowns; at one point it made you different and interesting but everyone started doing it and now having zero tattoos and NOT being terrified of clowns makes you a rebel.

Wacky, eh?
Pretty much why riding my Harley isn't as fun anymore.
Back in the late 80's-early 90's, people would nearly be repulsed or fearful when you'd thunder by.
Now, everybody's desensitized by MasterCard bikers.

Ahhh....the days of being covered in soot from semi exhaust, enter a rest stop, and have people part like the Red Sea.
Now, you have to be a 1%er to have that effect.

A damn shame I tell ya !

RE: Since we LOVE discussing skin color.... - Mike M (the other one) - 10-03-2016

They don't bother me.
Each to his own. Now if I was at a restaurant and the tattoo/piercing was really repulsive to me or my wife, then I would simply ask for another server.

RE: Since we LOVE discussing skin color.... - Beaker - 10-03-2016

(10-03-2016, 02:07 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Awww.... but the bait is right there.
[Image: 3bbda580dd5aace744fd85d80dbda39d.jpg]

RE: Since we LOVE discussing skin color.... - Bengalzona - 10-03-2016

Tattoos?

She told me they were birthmarks. Sad

(Bait taken)

RE: Since we LOVE discussing skin color.... - michaelsean - 10-03-2016

I don't like tattoos at all, but I woukdn't discriminate against someone if I were an employer unless I felt it would adversely affect my business. The exception are face tattoos. I will prejudge you for those.

(10-03-2016, 09:49 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Tattoos?

She told me they were birthmarks. Sad

(Bait taken)

Sucker !!

Now I have a name to put with the video footage.

Ninja

RE: Since we LOVE discussing skin color.... - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-04-2016

(10-03-2016, 12:31 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Oh, gauged ears.... you ever smell these things ?

No, but I would love to hear the story of how you did.

Popcorn

RE: Since we LOVE discussing skin color.... - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 10-04-2016

They don't bother me at all really. I don't have any (which shocks many who knew I was in the Navy), but like many have mentioned, I wanted one that was personal to me, and so many seem to have them these days. Also now that so many have them, I don't care about them now. I will say this, something really puts me off with random neck or facial tats. There is a really pretty waitress at a restaurant that I go to that has a neck tat. I always wandered what made her decide to put that there?

RE: Since we LOVE discussing skin color.... - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-04-2016

I never wanted a tattoo enough to spend the money. Plus I saw WWII vets with a tattoos of Betty Boop, for example, which may have been cool in 1943, but decades later looked like skin cancer. Plus, I watched a PBS documentary about Nazi concentration camps which showed lamp shades and books made from the tattoos skinned from the Jewish prisoners. (Cue our Holocaust denier in 3, 2, 1 . . . )