Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
bfine's watchlist - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: bfine's watchlist (/Thread-bfine-s-watchlist)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

bfine's watchlist - bfine32 - 10-19-2016

Currently I see out top needs as: Interior Oline, LB (Interior and exterior), Interior Dline, Safety, and Edge. Unlike many others I think we are in pretty good shape at WR. So here’s who I have my eye on at each position (assuming we draft in our normal mid-20 slot)
LB:
RUBEN FOSTER/BAMA-6’1” 236 I love a hard hitting. Half-crazy LB
ZACH CUNNINGHAM/Vandy- 6’3” 230 This guy is Jaylon Smith

EDGE:
DAWUANE SMOOT- 6’3” 249 The LDE/OLB hybrid this team still needs
CARL LAWSON- 6’2” 260- Not the possible hybrid prospect of Smoot, but a playmaker on the edge

INTERIOR Oline:
QUENTON NELSON/ ND- At 6’5” 325 Q is the mauler we need to replace Z if he walks.
ETHAN POCIC/ LSU- At 6’7” 307 built more like a LT than interior Olineman, but can play C or OG well

INTERIOR Dline
VITA VEA/Wash- At 6’4” 346 this guy is making plays as only a redshirt sophomore
LOWELL LOTULELEI/Utah- At 6’2” 310 Not the size of the prospect of his Brother

SAFETY
MALIK HOOKER/ tOSU- At 6”2” 205 Malik falls on the lankier side for a Safety, but he is fast
MARCUS MAYE/FLA- 5’11” 210 can play FS or SS

Let me know your thoughts on any or tell me who you like at these posistions for RD 1

RE: bfine's watchlist - J24 - 10-19-2016

Jonathan Allen is #1 on the wish list for me right now, Tim Williams is another guy I would like in the first, and Eddie Jackson at free Safety.

RE: bfine's watchlist - bfine32 - 10-20-2016

(10-19-2016, 07:19 PM)J24 Wrote: Jonathan Allen is #1 on the wish list for me right now, Tim Williams is another guy I would like in the first, and Eddie Jackson at free Safety.

Like Bama do ya?

RE: bfine's watchlist - ochocincos - 10-20-2016

I would add Pat Elflein to the C/OG list, as he's right around the same projection as Pocic. Both would be good options.

RE: bfine's watchlist - Goalpost - 10-20-2016

Carl Lawson is a super talent, but he's a red flag to me. Dinged up in college twice with both hip and ACL.
Really like your linebacker picks. A bit more flash but uncertain bulk is Marquis Haynes of Ole Miss.
Vea, first time I've heard of him, someone to follow.
I somewhat disagree at WR if Mike Williams is still there

RE: bfine's watchlist - J24 - 10-20-2016

(10-20-2016, 01:28 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Like Bama do ya?

Watch them the most in fairness to me they are really good.

RE: bfine's watchlist - fredtoast - 10-20-2016

Tennessee's Derek Barnett is the best edge rusher in the country.

In four consecutive games against nationally ranked teams - Florida, Georgia, Texas A&M and Alabama - Barnett has totaled 19 tackles, 6 sacks, 8.5 tackles for loss, 2 forced fumbles, an interception and a broken-up pass. Most impressive part is that much of that production came against two All-SEC OTs, Alabama's Cameron Robinson and Texas A&M's Avery Gennesy.

(10-20-2016, 06:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tennessee's Derek Barnett is the best edge rusher in the country.

In four consecutive games against nationally ranked teams - Florida, Georgia, Texas A&M and Alabama - Barnett has totaled 19 tackles, 6 sacks, 8.5 tackles for loss, 2 forced fumbles, an interception and a broken-up pass. Most impressive part is that much of that production came against two All-SEC OTs, Alabama's Cameron Robinson and Texas A&M's Avery Gennesy.

Cannot argue with that, but I was looking at those that would be available in the mid 20s

(10-20-2016, 03:03 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Carl Lawson is a super talent, but he's a red flag to me.  Dinged up in college twice with both hip and ACL.
Really like your linebacker picks.  A bit more flash but uncertain bulk is Marquis Haynes of Ole Miss.
Vea, first time I've heard of him, someone to follow.
I somewhat disagree at WR if Mike Williams is still there
If it were not for injury red flags, Lawson would be top 5. Dude already has 6 sacks this year, would love to have him here in a rotation

(10-20-2016, 05:04 PM)J24 Wrote: Watch them the most in fairness to me they are really good.

You usually can't go wrong with a Bama Defender. 

RE: bfine's watchlist - blt4584 - 10-20-2016

I like Jamal Adams from LSU.

I don't really like Pocic at C. His games against Auburn and Mizzou were......less than pretty.

RE: bfine's watchlist - SHRacerX - 10-21-2016

(10-20-2016, 09:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Cannot argue with that, but I was looking at those that would be available in the mid 20s

Someone send that dude some pot and a gas mask! Hilarious

RE: bfine's watchlist - Yojimbo - 10-22-2016

(10-20-2016, 09:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Cannot argue with that, but I was looking at those that would be available in the mid 20s

Maybe we should be looking at top 10 picks if the team keeps playing the way it is.

Personally, regardless of where we are picking, I would be thinking about how to go up and get Myles Garrett. Looks like a once in a generation type of player to me.

Beyond all the stats and measurables, his mentality and intangibles are franchise changing.

RE: bfine's watchlist - BobJones4980 - 10-23-2016

How about Ryan Switzer? On the small side but hes fast, shifty and can make plays at WR and on returns (7 TD).

I think we are right around average with Lafell and Boyd so I wouldnt hate 2 WRs this year, one of which would be a switzer type to replace the steaming pile of garbage that is Erickson.

RE: bfine's watchlist - Knightmare on Elm Street - 10-23-2016

After watching the Bama/A&M game, I like Daeshon Hall, the other DE across from Myles Garrett. He is 6'5'' 260 lbs and applies very good pressure off the edge. According to CBS, he is 3rd round prospect as of right now.

RE: bfine's watchlist - wolfkaosaun - 10-25-2016

Lawson is by far my favorite on that list. Have him as my #3 DE right now in all honesty. Like what he brings to the table and he finishes plays, something we've needed from an edge rusher this year. We've seen numerous times Michael Johnson get in the back field, but he can't bring the QB down. Lawson fixed that problem.

Also, I have a feeling that Peppers might be someone the Bengals look at as a safety/linebacker hybrid. They were interested in Mays being one and signed Dansby as a possibility to their cover linebacker woes. There are some issues with Peppers, but he's a very talented player and I think would excel as a hybrid player like Mays was.

RE: bfine's watchlist - ochocincos - 10-26-2016

(10-25-2016, 02:35 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Lawson is by far my favorite on that list. Have him as my #3 DE right now in all honesty. Like what he brings to the table and he finishes plays, something we've needed from an edge rusher this year. We've seen numerous times Michael Johnson get in the back field, but he can't bring the QB down. Lawson fixed that problem.

Also, I have a feeling that Peppers might be someone the Bengals look at as a safety/linebacker hybrid. They were interested in Mays being one and signed Dansby as a possibility to their cover linebacker woes. There are some issues with Peppers, but he's a very talented player and I think would excel as a hybrid player like Mays was.

Peppers as in Jabril Peppers? The player practically everyone is expecting to be a top 5-10 pick?

RE: bfine's watchlist - wolfkaosaun - 10-26-2016

(10-26-2016, 02:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Peppers as in Jabril Peppers? The player practically everyone is expecting to be a top 5-10 pick?

Yes. A great athlete who seems a bit overhyped. He has 0 deflections and 0 interceptions at the safety psoition thus far. He's a good athlete with tremendous upside, but is a big boom-or-bust player. Could seem him anywhere between the top 10-20 range in all honesty. It's a pretty loaded draft this year, and Peppers might slip through.

Hooker is a more NFL ready safety. But Peppers has bigger upside.

RE: bfine's watchlist - Elijahmoore5 - 10-27-2016

Cam Robinson is also a prospect to keep an eye on.

RE: bfine's watchlist - TGISunday - 10-28-2016

(10-26-2016, 05:29 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Yes. A great athlete who seems a bit overhyped. He has 0 deflections and 0 interceptions at the safety psoition thus far. He's a good athlete with tremendous upside, but is a big boom-or-bust player. Could seem him anywhere between the top 10-20 range in all honesty. It's a pretty loaded draft this year, and Peppers might slip through.

Hooker is a more NFL ready safety. But Peppers has bigger upside.

Im glad someone agrees with me on this. Peppers might be a Polamalu in the right scheme, however, I'm willing to admit.

And while bias might be a question with me, you certainly can't blame Wolf for bias toward tOSU.