Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Offensive observations - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Offensive observations (/Thread-Offensive-observations)

Pages: 1 2 3

Offensive observations - impactplaya - 10-20-2016

just thinking out loud

why doesn't a struggling offense such as ours...does not go uptempo more often?

why doesn't Gio Bernard get to run the same routes as Leveon Bell does?

Ken Zampese does not run trick plays like WR passes or flea flickers because............

Toss sweeps involving Hill and Bernard are never ran because..........

when was the last the Bengals used rub route concepts in the passing game?

the Tight end screen is not ran because ...........

please gents fill in the blanks.....

my eyes don't decieve me

RE: Offensive observations - Stonyhands - 10-20-2016

(10-20-2016, 12:36 AM)impactplaya Wrote: just thinking out loud

Ken Zampese does not run trick plays like WR passes or flea flickers because............

my eyes don't decieve me

Can't remember what game it was but we were driving really good and he called a reverse that resulted in negative yardage and killed the drive. Zampese is way out of his league.

RE: Offensive observations - Derrick - 10-20-2016

(10-20-2016, 12:44 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Can't remember what game it was but we were driving really good and he called a reverse that resulted in negative yardage and killed the drive.  Zampese is way out of his league.
Zampese should study the Wisconsin Badgers playbook. They use everything they have. The one he is using is pretty useless. Sick

RE: Offensive observations - Fan_in_Kettering - 10-20-2016

(10-20-2016, 12:54 AM)Derrick Wrote: Zampese should study the Wisconsin Badgers playbook. They use everything they have. The one he is using is pretty useless. Sick

Maybe hiring Wisconsin's offensive coordinator might be a first step. Smirk

RE: Offensive observations - NKYRob - 10-20-2016

Hate to say it but I think the poor offensive line play severely limits what they're able to do in both the passing and running game. I would love to see Gio run more routes because I think he excels in this area, but that's tough to do when you are constantly keeping extra blockers in because the line can't get it done. I'm not sitting here defending Zampese because he's called a lot of stuff that's left me scratching my head, but I thought this was at least worth mentioning.

RE: Offensive observations - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-20-2016

(10-20-2016, 09:28 AM)NKYRob Wrote: Hate to say it but I think the poor offensive line play severely limits what they're able to do in both the passing and running game.  I would love to see Gio run more routes because I think he excels in this area, but that's tough to do when you are constantly keeping extra blockers in because the line can't get it done.  I'm not sitting here defending Zampese because he's called a lot of stuff that's left me scratching my head, but I thought this was at least worth mentioning.

This is a lot of it, no question.  I definitely think the poor line play pretty much eliminates the flea flicker from the playbook.....and I love a good flea flicker. Smirk

RE: Offensive observations - xxlt - 10-20-2016

(10-20-2016, 12:36 AM)impactplaya Wrote: just thinking out loud

Ken Zampese does not  run trick plays like WR passes or flea flickers because............

my eyes don't decieve me

These are indeed offensive observations on our offense.

RE: Offensive observations - SHRacerX - 10-20-2016

(10-20-2016, 12:54 AM)Derrick Wrote: Zampese should study the Wisconsin Badgers playbook. They use everything they have. The one he is using is pretty useless. Sick

A couple years ago you would have been laughed off the boards for this, but this year's team is VERY adept at creating space in the short passing game, and they always have a strong running game.  Their offensive lines are usually very strong, but what I like best about them is the way they scheme their running game.  They don't slide, they maul.  Their guys take pride in blasting off the line, low.  They almost always win in short yardage.  

Urban Meyer is an incredible college coach, but that offense would get a QB killed in the NFL.  (See RGKNEE)  I am also afraid that Barrett is slowing down from the pounding he is taking, but that is another discussion.  

The Wisconsin offense is protecting an inexperienced QB, but has great creativity to get his weapons in space while still being able to pass and run out of the same formations. 

I wondered if I was the only one that thought this about Wisconsin....and I think their QB is a Freshman.

RE: Offensive observations - treee - 10-20-2016

Watching the Bengals this year is an offensive observation.

RE: Offensive observations - Bilbo Saggins - 10-20-2016

I'd like to see more draw plays, the crack power or whatever they call it(the one where two guys pull off tackle), and...get ready for it...more shovel passes.  Seriously.  

RE: Offensive observations - John Shaft - 10-20-2016

Does the Offensive Line coach have a lifetime contract or something ?

RE: Offensive observations - lone bengal - 10-20-2016

We were down 11 points with over 5 minutes left in New England we ran the ball on 1st down , ran the ball on 2nd down , Dalton got sacked on 3rd down , then we punted ?. I didn't understand the play calling at all it's like we weren't even trying to win the game at that point. You figured we would go no huddle and pass the ball there try to score a quick td hopefully have New England go 3 and out the next possession using our timeouts/ two minute warning to preserve clock to give our offensive a chance to win the game.

RE: Offensive observations - Atomic Orange - 10-20-2016

The Bengals have always done well up tempo under Marvin. I don't know why they don't do it more often.

RE: Offensive observations - Sabretooth - 10-20-2016

(10-20-2016, 11:49 AM)John Shaft Wrote: Does the Offensive Line coach have a lifetime contract or something ?

alexander knows something unsavory about marvin or mike brown Sick

RE: Offensive observations - fredtoast - 10-20-2016

(10-20-2016, 03:22 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: alexander knows something unsavory about marvin or mike brown Sick

What does he have on Sports Illustrated that forced them to write a feature story about how well respected he is around the league?

What does he have on the guys at ProFootballFocus, Football Outsiders, and all the other sources that have ranked our O-line so high over the last few years. 

(10-20-2016, 12:36 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Ken Zampese does not  run trick plays like WR passes or flea flickers because...........

my eyes don't decieve me

Yes they do.

(10-20-2016, 12:44 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Can't remember what game it was but we were driving really good and he called a reverse that resulted in negative yardage and killed the drive.  Zampese is way out of his league.

Now I am confused.  Is Zampese bad because he doesn't run trick plays or because he does run trick plays.

Or both?

RE: Offensive observations - Derrick - 10-20-2016

(10-20-2016, 11:52 AM)lone bengal Wrote: We were down 11 points with over 5 minutes left in New England we ran the ball on 1st down ; ran the ball on 2nd down ; Dalton got sacked on 3rd down  then we punted ? I didn't understand the play calling at all it's like we weren't even trying to win the game at that point. You figured we would go no huddle and pass the ball there try to score a quick td hopefully have New England go 3 and out the next possession using our timeouts/two minute warning to preserve clock to give our offensive a chance to win the game.
This should be tacked to the Coaches'-office door. And Mikey's too. Wink

RE: Offensive observations - OrlandoBengal - 10-20-2016

(10-20-2016, 09:42 AM)Wyche Wrote: This is a lot of it, no question.  I definitely think the poor line play pretty much eliminates the flea flicker from the playbook.....and I love a good flea flicker. Smirk

Dalton barely has time to receive one shotgun snap, let alone a second after he hands it off the first time.

(10-20-2016, 11:52 AM)lone bengal Wrote: We were down 11 points with over 5 minutes left in New England we ran the ball on 1st down , ran the ball on 2nd down , Dalton got sacked on 3rd down , then we punted ?. I didn't understand the play calling at all it's like we weren't even trying to win the game at that point. You figured we would go no huddle and pass the ball there try to score a quick td hopefully have New England go 3 and out the next possession using our timeouts/ two minute warning to preserve clock to give our offensive a chance to win the game.

This never happened.

(10-20-2016, 03:53 PM)Derrick Wrote: This should be tacked to the Coaches'-office door. And Mikey's too. Wink

You mean to show how stupid some fans are?

RE: Offensive observations - eoxyod - 10-20-2016

(10-20-2016, 12:36 AM)impactplaya Wrote: why doesn't a struggling offense such as ours...does not go uptempo more often?

Ken Zampese does not  run trick plays like WR passes or flea flickers because............

Because a struggling offense running the no huddle make the defense even more tired when they go 3 and out

Because Zampese is dumb

Because WR passes don't work when you don't have Sanu

Because Hill can't run them

Because we just never have done that even though it's dumb

Because we don't have a TE to do that