Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
What's up with Hill's injury. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: What's up with Hill's injury. (/Thread-What-s-up-with-Hill-s-injury)

Pages: 1 2

What's up with Hill's injury. - fredtoast - 10-23-2016

Update?

I didn't get to watch the game.

Usually I at least listen, but was occupied most of the time today.

RE: What's up with Hill's injury. - J24 - 10-23-2016

It was his wrist but I think it was precautionary that he sat down at end of game.

RE: What's up with Hill's injury. - jfkbengals - 10-23-2016

(10-23-2016, 05:49 PM)J24 Wrote: It was his wrist but I think it was precautionary that he sat down at end of game.

Shoulder/chest

RE: What's up with Hill's injury. - Camdaddy08 - 10-23-2016

Bengals Home Page said chest but probable to return. Assuming with the game locked they just sat him for the rest. Here's to hoping this running game will get on track with today's effort.

RE: What's up with Hill's injury. - fredtoast - 10-23-2016

(10-23-2016, 05:53 PM)Camdaddy08 Wrote: Bengals Home Page said chest 

So just like a few people around here have been saying.....

No heart.

Ninja

RE: What's up with Hill's injury. - bfine32 - 10-23-2016

I saw Eifert on the sideline telling him to suck it up and get back in the game

RE: What's up with Hill's injury. - Camdaddy08 - 10-23-2016

(10-23-2016, 05:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So just like a few people around here have been saying.....

No heart.

Ninja
I see what you did there. Clever. He even gave us a little dance after his 70 yard TD run, which I am okay with. I want SOME of that attitude back.

RE: What's up with Hill's injury. - THE Bigzoman - 10-23-2016

(10-23-2016, 06:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I saw Eifert on the sideline telling him to suck it up and get back in the game

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious 

RE: What's up with Hill's injury. - NATI BENGALS - 10-23-2016

Weird it has lingered this long. Hopefully the bye lets it heal all the way up. Seems like he aggravates it every week.

RE: What's up with Hill's injury. - 2MinutesHate - 10-23-2016

(10-23-2016, 05:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Update?

You didn't watch the game but you're saying that the fans booing had nothing to do with Marvin deciding to throw the ball at the end of the first half instead of continuing to run it in an effort to run out the clock? 

Now THAT'S  some serious intuition!   ThumbsUp

RE: What's up with Hill's injury. - kevin - 10-24-2016

He grabbed his hand and wrist area as soon as he hit and in pain. ....Video show him grabbing his hand......It is clear to see we need him. He is our Elliott...He runs with power as Bernard and Burkhead can not. ....Announcers said over the last few years he is the best RB in NFL at scoring touchdowns. ....Hopefully he can play against Washington. With 4 losses on the season already, we pretty much have to win each week. We don't have the luxury of resting people for the bye week. This team is crazy anyway. I've seen players get hurt in the bye-week practices on this team.

RE: What's up with Hill's injury. - fredtoast - 10-25-2016

(10-23-2016, 06:48 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: You didn't watch the game but you're saying that the fans booing had nothing to do with Marvin deciding to throw the ball at the end of the first half instead of continuing to run it in an effort to run out the clock? 

Now THAT'S  some serious intuition!   ThumbsUp

So if I had watched the game I would have heard Marvin claim his decision was based on the crowd noise?

Did I miss Marvin running on the field and calling a time out when the fans started booing?  Because best I can tell that never happened.

What exactly would I have seen that would have proved Marvin made his decision based on the fans booing?

RE: What's up with Hill's injury. - SunsetBengal - 10-25-2016

(10-24-2016, 11:59 AM)kevin Wrote: He grabbed his hand and wrist area as soon as he hit and in pain. ....Video show him grabbing his hand......It is clear to see we need him. He is our Elliott...He runs with power as Bernard and Burkhead can not. ....Announcers said over the last few years he is the best RB in NFL at scoring touchdowns.  ....Hopefully he can play against Washington. With 4 losses on the season already, we pretty much have to win each week. We don't have the luxury of resting people for the bye week.  This team is crazy anyway. I've seen players get hurt in the bye-week practices on this team.

I watched Hill run in the Dallas game, and trust me, he's not Elliot..  Sorry Kev, but you're a bit off base with this one.

RE: What's up with Hill's injury. - GreenCornBengal - 10-25-2016

(10-25-2016, 08:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So if I had watched the game I would have heard Marvin claim his decision was based on the crowd noise?

Did I miss Marvin running on the field and calling a time out when the fans started booing?  Because best I can tell that never happened.

What exactly would I have seen that would have proved Marvin made his decision based on the fans booing?

While I know we can never truly know what is going on in Marvin's head, it was pretty clear while watching it.

Marvin was content going in 14-10...

RE: What's up with Hill's injury. - 2MinutesHate - 10-25-2016

(10-25-2016, 09:41 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: While I know we can never truly know what is going on in Marvin's head, it was pretty clear while watching it.

Marvin was content going in 14-10...

Oh ya, he wasn't even trying to move the ball at all with those 2 straight runs up the middle.   The fans go batshit, start booing, then all the sudden he calls a timeout?  Head scratcher there.  Hell, AJ and Andy probably told him to quit being such a you know what...

RE: What's up with Hill's injury. - fredtoast - 10-25-2016

(10-25-2016, 11:04 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Oh ya, he wasn't even trying to move the ball at all with those 2 straight runs up the middle.   The fans go batshit, start booing, then all the sudden he calls a timeout?  Head scratcher there.  Hell, AJ and Andy probably told him to quit being such a you know what...

I thought Hue called the time out, not Marvin.

RE: What's up with Hill's injury. - tlotharw - 10-25-2016

(10-23-2016, 05:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Update?

This explains a lot.

RE: What's up with Hill's injury. - BengalChris - 10-26-2016

(10-25-2016, 11:48 PM)tlotharw Wrote: This explains a lot.

Hilarious We won!

RE: What's up with Hill's injury. - Go Cards - 10-26-2016

(10-25-2016, 11:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I thought Hue called the time out, not Marvin.

Marvin run straight up the middle showing no intent to try after not calling a TO with 1:50 on clock allowing them to take a delay of game before punting and running it down to 1:25. 

Then after Hue seen he was not truying he called TO thinking he would get ball back with several ticks left. 

Not sure if fans booing (which they were) or fact that he got his feelings hurt when Hue showed he would try to score if Bengals did not get 1st down is what changed his mind. 

But he certainly looked content going into halftime without a 2 minute offense being run until both happened. 

RE: What's up with Hill's injury. - BengalChris - 10-26-2016

(10-26-2016, 01:17 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Marvin run straight up the middle showing no intent to try after not calling a TO with 1:50 on clock allowing them to take a delay of game before punting and running it down to 1:25. 

Then after Hue seen he was not truying he called TO thinking he would get ball back with several ticks left. 

Not sure if fans booing (which they were) or fact that he got his feelings hurt when Hue showed he would try to score if Bengals did not get 1st down is what changed his mind. 

But he certainly looked content going into halftime without a 2 minute offense being run until both happened. 

That's Marv.

The Elliot Harrison dude from NFL Network says the Bengals won because of the hailmary and that he thought the Browns could have won that game. See the video from the 1:27 mark. I don't think he actually watched any of the game at all.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000727727/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-8-patriots-retake-no-1-pack-back