Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Baked Goods Preference - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Klotsch (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Klotsch)
+---- Forum: Food & Drink (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Food-Drink)
+---- Thread: Baked Goods Preference (/Thread-Baked-Goods-Preference)

Baked Goods Preference - BmorePat87 - 07-04-2015

So i got these peanut butter cookies from the local grocery store and they were delicious. They were soft and chewy. So i went out this week and got some more. This time, however, they were hard and crunchy. Not want I want. Still good, but not as good.

So what's the verdict? Soft and chewy or hard and crunchy?

RE: Baked Goods Preference - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 07-04-2015

Hard and chewy. Mellow

RE: Baked Goods Preference - Tiger Teeth - 07-04-2015

(07-04-2015, 02:17 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Hard and chewy. Mellow

Soft and crunchy!

RE: Baked Goods Preference - Tiger Teeth - 07-04-2015

Actually, I prefer soft and chewy. But don't eat baked goods that much. (Diabetic)

RE: Baked Goods Preference - Beaker - 07-04-2015

I like blueberry pie.

You did say baked goods, not just cookies.

RE: Baked Goods Preference - BmorePat87 - 07-04-2015

(07-04-2015, 03:39 PM)Beaker Wrote: I like blueberry pie.

You did say baked goods, not just cookies.

I thought "cookie preference" would open this up to a whole different conversation

RE: Baked Goods Preference - Johnny Cupcakes - 07-04-2015

No one is going to say that they like their goods hard. Boo to that.

RE: Baked Goods Preference - Harmening - 07-04-2015

I like warm apple pie. Reminds me of something...

RE: Baked Goods Preference - Belsnickel - 07-04-2015

(07-04-2015, 02:44 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Actually, I prefer soft and chewy.  But don't eat baked goods that much.  (Diabetic)

I have some great recipes for cookies that are diabetic friendly. And I keep them sealed up so they remain soft and chewy. ThumbsUp

RE: Baked Goods Preference - Harmening - 07-05-2015

(07-04-2015, 08:08 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have some great recipes for cookies that are diabetic friendly. And I keep them sealed up so they remain soft and chewy. ThumbsUp

Does that piece of bread trick work as well?

RE: Baked Goods Preference - Belsnickel - 07-05-2015

(07-05-2015, 12:43 AM)Harmening Wrote: Does that piece of bread trick work as well?

Not sure of what you speak.

RE: Baked Goods Preference - Harmening - 07-05-2015

(07-05-2015, 07:25 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not sure of what you speak.

I've been told that if you include a piece of bread in the same package the cookies are sealed, it will assure you of soft cookies.
I'm not a cookie eater, so I've never seized the opportunity to try it.

RE: Baked Goods Preference - Awful Llama - 07-05-2015

(07-05-2015, 08:49 AM)Harmening Wrote: I've been told that if you include a piece of bread in the same package the cookies are sealed, it will assure you of soft cookies.
I'm not a cookie eater, so I've never seized the opportunity to try it.

My mom used to put a slice of bread into the cookie jar after she'd made cookies. She swore it worked, and the cookies were always good, so, I guess I can vouch for it.

RE: Baked Goods Preference - fredtoast - 07-05-2015

(07-05-2015, 08:37 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: My mom used to put a slice of bread into the cookie jar after she'd made cookies.  She swore it worked, and the cookies were always good, so, I guess I can vouch for it.

I don't know how a piece of bread will help, but a fresh carrot does.  It has just enough moisture in it to keep the cookies from drying out.

RE: Baked Goods Preference - Awful Llama - 07-05-2015

(07-05-2015, 08:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know how a piece of bread will help, but a fresh carrot does.  It has just enough moisture in it to keep the cookies from drying out.

Me either, but I learned never to argue with the cook.

RE: Baked Goods Preference - GodFather - 07-05-2015

(07-05-2015, 08:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know how a piece of bread will help, but a fresh carrot does.  It has just enough moisture in it to keep the cookies from drying out.

Never tired a carrot, will have to try that method. I usually use a half a slice of bread and it works for 2-3 days. Its funny because if you use a full slice it gets almost to moist and falls apart.

RE: Baked Goods Preference - Bryan - 07-05-2015

Soft and chewy

RE: Baked Goods Preference - Bryan - 07-05-2015

(07-04-2015, 05:31 PM)Harmening Wrote: I like warm apple pie.  Reminds me of something...

[Image: zohQvNz.gif]

RE: Baked Goods Preference - XenoMorph - 07-06-2015

(07-04-2015, 01:51 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So i got these peanut butter cookies from the local grocery store and they were delicious. They were soft and chewy. So i went out this week and got some more. This time, however, they were hard and crunchy. Not want I want. Still good, but not as good.

So what's the verdict? Soft and chewy or hard and crunchy?

if a cookie is hard and cruchy they did it wrong