Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Nugent: A Case of Detrimental Loyalty? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Nugent: A Case of Detrimental Loyalty? (/Thread-Nugent-A-Case-of-Detrimental-Loyalty)

Pages: 1 2

Nugent: A Case of Detrimental Loyalty? - Bengalholic - 11-20-2016

In the locker room interview with Lap, Marvin once again leaves me shaking my head a bit. He's very blunt in saying the punting unit has to do a better job, but when asked about Nugent...he makes excuses, saying the first miss was a "bad snap" and the second was because it was "windy". When asked about sticking with Nugent, he says "we'll help him out".

While both excuses for Nugent's misses are technically true, he is paid to make those kicks. I don't understand his reluctance to call out Nugent, while having no issue saying the punt team need to do better. 

I guess I just find the extreme loyalty to Nugent concerning. 

RE: Nugent: A Case of Harmful Loyalty? - Pat5775 - 11-20-2016

Simply out: Marvin is a f*****g idiot

RE: Nugent: A Case of Detrimental Loyalty? - rfaulk34 - 11-20-2016

(11-20-2016, 06:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: In the locker room interview with Lap, Marvin once again leaves me shaking my head a bit. He's very blunt in saying the punting unit has to do a better job, but when asked about Nugent...he makes excuses, saying the first miss was a "bad snap" and the second was because it was "windy". When asked about sticking with Nugent, he says "we'll help him out".

While both excuses for Nugent's misses are technically true, he is paid to make those kicks. I don't understand his reluctance to call out Nugent, while having no issue saying the punt team need to do better. 

Shit supports shit.

RE: Nugent: A Case of Detrimental Loyalty? - rfaulk34 - 11-20-2016

(11-20-2016, 06:40 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Simply out: Marvin is a f*****g idiot

QFT. 

He needs to quit and go back to coordinating a defense somewhere.

RE: Nugent: A Case of Detrimental Loyalty? - Pat5775 - 11-20-2016

(11-20-2016, 06:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: QFT. 

He needs to quit and go back to coordinating a defense somewhere.

Absolutely. There's no way in hell he gets another head coaching job in the NFL 

RE: Nugent: A Case of Detrimental Loyalty? - reuben.ahmed - 11-20-2016

Maybe Nugent is crying in the locker room and he doesn't want to throw gasoline on the fire or something. I'd like him to just make a clean quick cut tomorrow and say it's a football decision. but marvin lewis rarely gets angry about things we would agree on.

RE: Nugent: A Case of Detrimental Loyalty? - CKwi88 - 11-20-2016

No real point in Marv throwing him under the bus during a press conference.

That said. Nugent should be cut tomorrow.

RE: Nugent: A Case of Detrimental Loyalty? - JumboTron - 11-20-2016

He is....I mean, what can you say about the guy that hasn't been said already?

I literally expect him to miss every single time he lines up, be it an extra point or FG.

RE: Nugent: A Case of Detrimental Loyalty? - Bilbo Saggins - 11-20-2016

The wind didn't seem to be a factor on the 54 yarder. Awf to Walsh...

RE: Nugent: A Case of Detrimental Loyalty? - Awful Llama - 11-20-2016

Holic, that wasn't what I heard. In the post-game interview I heard, Marvin said the first snap was high, but on the second snap said Nugent plain missed it. So, he gave him a bit of a pass on the first miss but not the second. He then added that Nugent gets paid to make kicks like that.

Later, when Nugent was interviewed, he took the blame for missing both kicks.

RE: Nugent: A Case of Detrimental Loyalty? - Bengalholic - 11-20-2016

(11-20-2016, 08:02 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Holic, that wasn't what I heard. In the post-game interview I heard, Marvin said the first snap was high, but on the second snap said Nugent plain missed it.  So, he gave him a bit of a pass on the first miss but not the second.  He then added that Nugent gets paid to make kicks like that.  

Later, when Nugent was interviewed, he took the blame for missing both kicks.

Are you talking about the locker room interview or the press conference? In the locker room interview on 1530 with Lap right after the game, Marvin mentioned it being 'windy' in regards to the second kick. The wind issue was later mentioned by Nugent as well:

RE: Nugent: A Case of Detrimental Loyalty? - Awful Llama - 11-20-2016

(11-20-2016, 08:43 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Are you talking about the locker room interview or the press conference? In the locker room interview on 1530 with Lap right after the game, the wind was definitely mentioned by Marvin in regards to the second kick. It was later mentioned by Nugent as well:

I'm not sure at this point.  It was part of the post-game show on WLW, and I could have swore it was Lap asking him the question.  Guess it wouldn't have any bearing on any personnel changes, anyway, if that is what I heard.  

RE: Nugent: A Case of Detrimental Loyalty? - R3stangs - 11-20-2016

(11-20-2016, 07:54 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: The wind didn't seem to be a factor on the 54 yarder. Awf to Walsh...

This thank you  

High snap was bs too ball was down in position he just shanked it  

RE: Nugent: A Case of Detrimental Loyalty? - CageTheBengal - 11-20-2016

It's time for Marv to go the nail in the coffin for me was when he blocked Guenther from making roster changes. There is too much loyalty going on and not enough action. I'm usually pretty conservative when it comes to making roster moves but Nugent needs to go and some changes needed to be made on defense to the lineup but Marvin said no to one of those and Nugent could still be on the roster next week. I think the time for action was during the bye before the Giants.

It will be week 16 and Marvin will finally start throwing some younger guys in there.

RE: Nugent: A Case of Detrimental Loyalty? - West Union KennyG - 11-21-2016

(11-20-2016, 06:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: In the locker room interview with Lap, Marvin once again leaves me shaking my head a bit. He's very blunt in saying the punting unit has to do a better job, but when asked about Nugent...he makes excuses, saying the first miss was a "bad snap" and the second was because it was "windy". When asked about sticking with Nugent, he says "we'll help him out".

The elephant in the room - we all know Nugent has compromising photos of Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis. That is the ONLY logical explanation at this point.

RE: Nugent: A Case of Detrimental Loyalty? - Joelist - 11-21-2016

Well he's cost us two wins just this season. We'd be 5-5 at least right now otherwise.

RE: Nugent: A Case of Detrimental Loyalty? - Shake n Blake - 11-21-2016

(11-21-2016, 02:28 AM)Joelist Wrote: Well he's cost us two wins just this season. We'd be 5-5 at least right now otherwise.

That sums up all that is wrong with this team. The only loyalty should be to winning. Yet they keep a kicker who is directly responsible for us being in 3rd place instead of tied for 1st (record-wise). We're talking about a freaking kicker. 

RE: Nugent: A Case of Detrimental Loyalty? - jowczarski - 11-21-2016

Just stating facts:
Zach Hocker was signed this offseason to compete for the job. Guy got hurt in camp when Nugent struggled. It could have been argued that Hocker could have won the job had he been healthy and able to kick. But he wasn't, so he didn't.

They brought in Forbath, Bullock and Hocker to kick again over the bye. Ever look at their career numbers? Just a factual question. So, Zimmer does what many think the Bengals should've done - cut the struggling kicker (Blair Walsh). They sign Forbath. Forbath plays his first game, has a PAT blocked.

Google all the free agent kickers. There is a reason why they're free agents. But, that said, it is totally fair to think can a guy off the street make more than 76 percent of his field goals and 86 percent of his PATs.

RE: Nugent: A Case of Detrimental Loyalty? - Sabretooth - 11-21-2016

I think the extreme loyalty flows down from Mike Brown.
Brown retains sub par coaches years past their effectiveness-that hinders a head coach and doesn't develop incoming talent.
As long as TV money keeps coming in and butts are in the stadium, everything is fine with mb.

RE: Nugent: A Case of Detrimental Loyalty? - reuben.ahmed - 11-21-2016

Does anyone have any stats on Mike Brown's Bengals not cutting/firing players or coaches midseason?