Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
AJ Green: "I don’t bail out on my team because we’re not having the season we want" - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: AJ Green: "I don’t bail out on my team because we’re not having the season we want" (/Thread-AJ-Green-I-don%E2%80%99t-bail-out-on-my-team-because-we%E2%80%99re-not-having-the-season-we-want)

Pages: 1 2

AJ Green: "I don’t bail out on my team because we’re not having the season we want" - CageTheBengal - 12-02-2016

A class act as usual.

Quote:Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green said he hopes to come back this year and was relieved that his hamstring injury wasn’t any worse, though when he describes it, it sounds pretty bad.

Via Katherine Terrell of ESPN.com, Green told reporters today that it wasn’t as bad as he first feared.

“Grade II tear — it was 50 percent torn,” Green said. “But it’s not bad, it’s not torn off the bone or nothing like that. No surgery needed.”

(Let this stand as our periodic reminder that all sports injuries are relative, and far less serious when they happen to someone else — because “not torn off the bone” is considered a positive.)

The Bengals wideout, who went down early in the Bills game two weeks ago and won’t play this week, said he initially thought it was just a cramp. But then when he tried to walk it off and couldn’t, he realized perhaps a cart ride was in his best interests. But he started doing some light jogging this week, and hopes to be able to return this year even though the Bengals are in a fairly hopeless situation at 3-7-1.

“I’m going to play it safe. I want to get back, no matter what kind of season we’re having,” he said. “I’m not the type of guy to pack it in. Whenever I’m ready, I’ll be ready to go, but I’m not going to rush it and have this as a continuing issue. . . .

“That’s not the type of guy I am. I don’t bail out on my team because we’re not having the season we want to have.”

Green was having a phenomenal year before the injury, with 964 receiving yards. If he can get back and get 36 more yards, he’d join Randy Moss as the only receiver with six straight 1,000-yard seasons to begin his career.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/02/a-j-green-says-he-hopes-to-return-this-year-if-cleared/

RE: AJ Green: "I don’t bail out on my team because we’re not having the season we... - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-02-2016

(12-02-2016, 02:42 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: A class act as usual.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/02/a-j-green-says-he-hopes-to-return-this-year-if-cleared/

Man, I wish AJ would speak more often.  The more I hear from him, the more I love him.  We're fortunate to have him on many levels.

RE: AJ Green: "I don’t bail out on my team because we’re not having the season we... - bengalguy71 - 12-02-2016

(12-02-2016, 03:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: Man, I wish AJ would speak more often.  The more I hear from him, the more I love him.  We're fortunate to have him on many levels.

Agree 100%.  I'm old school here and love the fact that he doesn't talk or feel the need to celebrate by showboating. He does celebrate in his humble way, sometimes he shrugs the shoulders or I've seen him hold the football in one hand and pound it with the other.

He has the same attitude most of the old time players did, they didn't need to give a show after a TD or a sack because their talent on display was the show!!

RE: AJ Green: "I don’t bail out on my team because we’re not having the season we want" - fredtoast - 12-02-2016

Green is 0-5 in playoffs. He has to be replaced. One definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.

RE: AJ Green: "I don’t bail out on my team because we’re not having the season we... - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-02-2016

(12-02-2016, 03:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Green is 0-5 in playoffs.  He has to be replaced.  One definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.

Nah, just his coaches.

RE: AJ Green: "I don’t bail out on my team because we’re not having the season we want" - TheCincinnatiKid - 12-02-2016

Stuff like this why it'd have to be an absolute King's ransom for me to even remotely consider trading him. One of the best players in the league, a class act, a true Franchise player.... on a piss poor squad and still talking for the team. Truly hope he retires a Bengal.

RE: AJ Green: "I don’t bail out on my team because we’re not having the season we... - magikod - 12-02-2016

(12-02-2016, 07:51 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Stuff like this why it'd have to be an absolute King's ransom for me to even remotely consider trading him. One of the best players in the league, a class act, a true Franchise player.... on a piss poor squad and still talking for the team. Truly hope he retires a Bengal.

same here

RE: AJ Green: "I don’t bail out on my team because we’re not having the season we... - Derrick - 12-02-2016

(12-02-2016, 03:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: Man, I wish AJ would speak more often.  The more I hear from him, the more I love him.  We're fortunate to have him on many levels.

I really hope AJ gets back this season and gets the 36 yards he needs WITHOUT aggravating his hammy injury. ThumbsUp

RE: AJ Green: "I don’t bail out on my team because we’re not having the season we... - bengalfan74 - 12-02-2016

(12-02-2016, 08:29 PM)Derrick Wrote: I really hope AJ gets back this season and gets the 36 yards he needs WITHOUT aggravating his hammy injury. ThumbsUp

Me to, that's really the only thing I hope for the rest of the season.

RE: AJ Green: "I don’t bail out on my team because we’re not having the season we... - GreenCornBengal - 12-02-2016

Not that top 100 lists matter, but I hope the guy gets the respect he deserves this year. Guy would have been the #1 receiver in the league this year easily and maybe even a top 5 player.... Hopefully they recognize that.

Best overall character in the league though. If I had a son, AJ Green would be his idol because the guy stands for everything right in this world.

Hope he never leaves or gets traded and if he does I will be the biggest fan of his new team.

RE: AJ Green: "I don’t bail out on my team because we’re not having the season we want" - jj22 - 12-02-2016

No need to risk it. After he comes back and gets his 36 (or however many) yards, to rival Moss's record. I hate to see streaks end. Heck, I wanted them to throw it to Witten instead of taking a knee last night.

RE: AJ Green: "I don’t bail out on my team because we’re not having the season we... - Shake n Blake - 12-02-2016

The only interesting things left about this season were that Green was on pace for a franchise record 1700+ yards and Dalton was (is) on pace for a franchise record 4400+. So much for both of those, most likely.

RE: AJ Green: "I don’t bail out on my team because we’re not having the season we... - Thundercloud - 12-02-2016

AJ Green is the MAN! And a damn good one, too. And in more ways than one.

RE: AJ Green: "I don’t bail out on my team because we’re not having the season we... - OrlandoBengal - 12-02-2016

(12-02-2016, 03:34 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Agree 100%.  I'm old school here and love the fact that he doesn't talk or feel the need to celebrate by showboating. He does celebrate in his humble way, sometimes he shrugs the shoulders or I've seen him hold the football in one hand and pound it with the other.

He has the same attitude most of the old time players did, they didn't need to give a show after a TD or a sack because their talent on display was the show!!

Just curious, how old school are we talking?  I have seen videos of guys in the 1960's and 70's who seem to do a lot of celebrating.

RE: AJ Green: "I don’t bail out on my team because we’re not having the season we... - bengalguy71 - 12-02-2016

(12-02-2016, 10:03 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Just curious, how old school are we talking?  I have seen videos of guys in the 1960's and 70's who seem to do a lot of celebrating.
Such as??

Yes, of course there were exceptions, like Billy "White Shoes" Johnson and Gastineau started the 'sack' dance, but for the most part, the most celebration you saw was the spiking of a football.

RE: AJ Green: "I don’t bail out on my team because we’re not having the season we... - OrlandoBengal - 12-02-2016

(12-02-2016, 10:11 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Such as??

Yes, of course there were exceptions, like Billy "White Shoes" Johnson and Gastineau started the 'sack' dance, but for the most part, the most celebration you saw was the spiking of a football.

I am too young to give you specific examples, but know that I've seen quite a few NFL films from that time period that show people celebrating.

(12-02-2016, 10:14 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I am too young to give you specific examples, but know that I've seen quite a few NFL films from that time period that show people celebrating.

Too generic of an answer.  You'd have to be specific to hold any water to your argument.

I was born in 1953 and remember watching Jimmy Brown for the Browns, and the great game with the Packers against the Cowboys and the infamous Bart Starr QB sneak before the Super Bowls were even birthed.

I was a Browns fan until the Bengals came to town.

They are tied for 3rd for the all time NFL championships with the Giants at 8.  The Bears are second with 9 and the Packers have 13.

You may have seen highlights of guys like Johnson and Gastineau but, trust me, it was a rarity to see any kind of celebrations until the 1980s.

(12-02-2016, 10:29 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Too generic of an answer.  You'd have to be specific to hold any water to your argument.

I was born in 1953 and remember watching Jimmy Brown for the Browns, and the great game with the Packers against the Cowboys and the infamous Bart Starr QB sneak before the Super Bowls were even birthed.

I was a Browns fan until the Bengals came to town.

They are tied for 3rd for the all time NFL championships with the Giants at 8.  The Bears are second with 9 and the Packers have 13.

You may have seen highlights of guys like Johnson and Gastineau but, trust me, it was a rarity to see any kind of celebrations until the 1980s.

I am not trying to make any argument, that is why I specifically said "just curious, how old school are we talking".  The 1980's were 30-35 years ago, so that is "old school" to much of the population.  By bringing up Jim Brown and Bart Star, you answered my question... you are talking extreme old school.

RE: AJ Green: "I don’t bail out on my team because we’re not having the season we... - Atomic Orange - 12-02-2016

I was just watching this again. The humble is in his blood.

(12-02-2016, 10:37 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I am not trying to make any argument, that is why I specifically said "just curious, how old school are we talking".  The 1980's were 30-35 years ago, so that is "old school" to much of the population.  By bringing up Jim Brown and Bart Star, you answered my question... you are talking extreme old school.

Yes, OB, I am an old fart!!  Hey are you a Florida transplant like myself?  I'm down here in Lee County, SW Florida.