Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
A.J. Green Injury May Be A Good Thing - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: A.J. Green Injury May Be A Good Thing (/Thread-A-J-Green-Injury-May-Be-A-Good-Thing)

Pages: 1 2

A.J. Green Injury May Be A Good Thing - kevin - 12-04-2016

It gives the coaches a chance to see what these other receivers can or can't do.....Dalton just can't go to Green all game....Look, we weren't going to any play-offs anyway.....Green is suppose to recover and be OK.....I see Boyd and Wright and Core and others are getting some passes now. That is a good thing. Give these other guys some reps and get them on game film to coach up.

RE: A.J. Green Injury May Be A Good Thing - bengalguy71 - 12-04-2016

(12-04-2016, 01:24 PM)kevin Wrote: It gives the coaches a chance to see what these other receivers can or can't do.....Dalton just can't go to Green all game....Look, we weren't going to any play-offs anyway.....Green is suppose to recover and be OK.....I see Boyd and Wright and Core and others are getting some passes now. That is a good thing. Give these other guys some reps and get them on game film to coach up.

I agree with this.  I just hope he can get back and get those 36 yards he needs to get 1000.  If he stays healthy he can stand alone next year with the only receiver to get 1000 yards in his first 7 years.

RE: A.J. Green Injury May Be A Good Thing - jason - 12-04-2016

Whatever dude. My fantasy team sucks without AJ.

RE: A.J. Green Injury May Be A Good Thing - jfkbengals - 12-04-2016

(12-04-2016, 01:56 PM)jason Wrote: Whatever dude. My fantasy team sucks without AJ.

And your fantasy team is more important than the development of the team's depth.

RE: A.J. Green Injury May Be A Good Thing - bengalguy71 - 12-04-2016

(12-04-2016, 01:59 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: And your fantasy team is more important than the development of the team's depth.

That's why I don't play fantasy football.  For me, too much distraction from the teams I pull for.

(12-04-2016, 01:59 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: And your fantasy team is more important than the development of the team's depth.
See? Now you got me feeling bad about my selfishness.

I still want him back ASAP. I loved the quote in the other thread about not bailing on his team. AJ Green = man.

(12-04-2016, 02:07 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: That's why I don't play fantasy football.  For me, too much distraction from the teams I pull for.
That is the downside. Surprisingly this year, I've had very little conflict of interest. I did start Deangelo Williams against our boys earlier, but had Dalton and Green in the same game. Bengals always come first in rooting interest though.

RE: A.J. Green Injury May Be A Good Thing - J24 - 12-04-2016

Jerome Simpson developed into a decent player in 2010 when TO and Chad got hurt. So I see what your saying.

RE: A.J. Green Injury May Be A Good Thing - RiverRat13 - 12-04-2016

By that logic, just sit the best player at every position to build depth.

RE: A.J. Green Injury May Be A Good Thing - jfkbengals - 12-04-2016

(12-04-2016, 02:50 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: By that logic, just sit the best player at every position to build depth.

Green isn't being sat, he is out injured.  His point is that there is a silver lining, not that we can be stupid and bench good players.

RE: A.J. Green Injury May Be A Good Thing - kevin - 12-04-2016

(12-04-2016, 06:22 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Green isn't being sat, he is out injured.  His point is that there is a silver lining, not that we can be stupid and bench good players.

That and Dalton becomes one dimensional at times only throwing to Green no matter the coverage, no matter who else open. Today Dalton spread the ball around hitting the open man and Dalton looked good, the other receivers looked good.  Developing some timing and confidence in Boyd and Core and Wright and LaFell was a good thing today and Bengals won.  ....Certainly I do not want Green injured, but Boyd wasn't getting any passes and now he is.  Boyd should be getting more action because he has a huge future here.  When Green comes back, he will look better if others can help carry the load. 

RE: A.J. Green Injury May Be A Good Thing - Go Cards - 12-04-2016

Like seeing Boyd LaFell, Wright, and Core getting extra work.

But AJ being injured and missing is never a good thing.

RE: A.J. Green Injury May Be A Good Thing - SunsetBengal - 12-04-2016

(12-04-2016, 07:50 PM)kevin Wrote: That and Dalton becomes one dimensional at times only throwing to Green no matter the coverage, no matter who else open. Today Dalton spread the ball around hitting the open man and Dalton looked good, the other receivers looked good.  Developing some timing and confidence in Boyd and Core and Wright and LaFell was a good thing today and Bengals won.  ....Certainly I do not want Green injured, but Boyd wasn't getting any passes and now he is.  Boyd should be getting more action because he has a huge future here.  When Green comes back, he will look better if others can help carry the load. 

I agree.  AJ being out injured is a terrible thing, but some good can come from it.  Andy is without his safety net, and now forced to form relationships with the newer receivers.  I was disappointed when the team went into "conservative mode", in the middle of the 3rd Qtr.  I would have liked to have seen more targets, maybe not long, deep shots, but more targets to the young guys.

RE: A.J. Green Injury May Be A Good Thing - magikod - 12-04-2016

Looks like Cody Core is starting to catch on a bit with Dalton.

RE: A.J. Green Injury May Be A Good Thing - Go Cards - 12-04-2016

Surprised it has taken this long to give Core a look.

Looks like he could help out.

RE: A.J. Green Injury May Be A Good Thing - GodFather - 12-04-2016

One of our best players being injured is never a good thing...period.

RE: A.J. Green Injury May Be A Good Thing - bengalhoel - 12-04-2016

(12-04-2016, 07:50 PM)kevin Wrote: That and Dalton becomes one dimensional at times only throwing to Green no matter the coverage, no matter who else open. Today Dalton spread the ball around hitting the open man and Dalton looked good, the other receivers looked good.  Developing some timing and confidence in Boyd and Core and Wright and LaFell was a good thing today and Bengals won.  ....Certainly I do not want Green injured, but Boyd wasn't getting any passes and now he is.  Boyd should be getting more action because he has a huge future here.  When Green comes back, he will look better if others can help carry the load. 

The reason that Dalton has been one dimensional is because he has had about 1.5 seconds to throw on every down and A.J. is the only player that can get open that fast. Sometimes he is just putting it up there and hoping a receiver can make a play.

RE: A.J. Green Injury May Be A Good Thing - GreenDragon - 12-04-2016

(12-04-2016, 01:24 PM)kevin Wrote: It gives the coaches a chance to see what these other receivers can or can't do.....Dalton just can't go to Green all game....Look, we weren't going to any play-offs anyway.....Green is suppose to recover and be OK.....I see Boyd and Wright and Core and others are getting some passes now. That is a good thing. Give these other guys some reps and get them on game film to coach up.

Also forces Andy to get comfortable with the other receivers on the team. Boyd and Core have bright futures with the team. I think Wright is done after his newest injury.

WR in the 1st or 2nd round in this draft. Unless they get a young-ish WR in FA.

RE: A.J. Green Injury May Be A Good Thing - Derrick - 12-05-2016

(12-04-2016, 08:00 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Like seeing Boyd LaFell, Wright, and Core getting extra work.

But AJ being injured and missing is never a good thing.

Yes, this IS the correct point of view.  I would have liked Green NOT to be injured, get his 36 yards, and the brain-trust choose to sit Green more often so these other receivers get some meaningful snaps. It probably would not have happened though.

RE: A.J. Green Injury May Be A Good Thing - Shake n Blake - 12-05-2016

Honestly, I think the whole "Dalton stares down AJ/relies too much on AJ" thing is a made up myth. That said, Dalton does need to continue to build chemistry with Boyd. Probably not so much with LaFell, seeing how he may be a one shot deal.