Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Intersting Scenario...It's not over yet - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Intersting Scenario...It's not over yet (/Thread-Intersting-Scenario-It-s-not-over-yet)

Pages: 1 2 3

Intersting Scenario...It's not over yet - SHRacerX - 12-05-2016

I thought when I saw the NFL, I mean, the steelers beat the Giants and the ratbirds killed the dolphins, that it was over. No way would one of those two teams lose three of their next four games.

We know the Bengals can only beat 8-8. And that assumes them winning out...big assumption.

Then, I looked at the schedules. Next week, steelers get the Bills and Rats get the Pats on MNF. If they both lose, and the Bengals take care of Cleveland, it could get interesting.

Here's why: The next week, the Bengals host pitt, and we already are assuming the Bengals win out. The Rats have the Eagles, but on a short week. If the Rats lose to the Eagles (remember, the Eagles destroyed pitt), one of the two (pitt and balt) are essentially eliminated, because they play each other the following week.

If the Ravens can beat pitt after losing to Pats (likely) and Eagles (a lot less likely)....it would all come down to a game at home of the Bengals hosting the rats to end the regular season.

So, I know that is a lot to digest, and we will know after Sunday if this could get interesting, but if the Bengals win out, steelers lose to Bills and Rats, and Rats lose to Pats and Eagles...the Bengals win the division.

Honestly, I think the Bengals can win out for three simple reasons:

1.) Zampeze FINALLY moved Dalton around, and changed the target spot for the opposing defense. Dalton is awesome rolling out. Lesson learned?

2.) The defense, for whatever reason, is starting to play...held opponents to less than 20 in three out of four last weeks (other was 21 points)

3.) They benched Ogbuehi

Still need help, but it could be interesting....

RE: Intersting Scenario...It's not over yet - Derrick - 12-05-2016

(12-05-2016, 08:03 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I thought when I saw the NFL, I mean, the steelers beat the Giants and the ratbirds killed the dolphins, that it was over.  No way would one of those two teams lose three of their next four games.  

We know the Bengals can only beat 8-8.  And that assumes them winning out...big assumption.  

Then, I looked at the schedules.  Next week, steelers get the Bills and Rats get the Pats on MNF.  If they both lose, and the Bengals take care of Cleveland, it could get interesting.

Here's why:  The next week, the Bengals host pitt, and we already are assuming the Bengals win out.  The Rats have the Eagles, but on a short week.  If the Rats lose to the Eagles (remember, the Eagles destroyed pitt), one of the two (pitt and balt) are essentially eliminated, because they play each other the following week.  

If the Ravens can beat pitt after losing to Pats (likely) and Eagles (a lot less likely)....it would all come down to a game at home of the Bengals hosting the rats to end the regular season.  

So, I know that is a lot to digest, and we will know after Sunday if this could get interesting, but if the Bengals win out, steelers lose to Bills and Rats, and Rats lose to Pats and Eagles...the Bengals win the division.  

1.) Zampeze FINALLY moved Dalton around, and changed the target spot for the opposing defense.  Dalton is awesome rolling out.  Lesson learned?

2.) The defense, for whatever reason, is starting to play...held opponents to less than 20 in three out of four last weeks (other was 21 points)

3.) They benched Ogbuehi

Your scenario makes sense. But, sadly  I have so little faith in the Bengals coaches that I can't conceive of them winning out. I hope you are right of course. ThumbsUp

RE: Intersting Scenario...It's not over yet - SunsetBengal - 12-05-2016

Uhh, the homer in me says "Sure, it can happen!".

The realist in me says "yeah, sure it will..".

RE: Intersting Scenario...It's not over yet - SHRacerX - 12-05-2016

(12-05-2016, 08:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Uhh, the homer in me says "Sure, it can happen!".

The realist in me says "yeah, sure it will..".

We are all on the same page there, but wouldn't it be awesome to rise from the ashes and see the steelers and rats crash and burn?

Dear Santa....

Screw that...he always gives the Bengals a lump of coal

Dear God...

Screw that...the NFL is a God-free zone.

Well, I'm hoping that karma or something gives the Bengals their first playoff win in over 20 years and the potential for a big time run.  It would be nice to see the Bengals get a break for a change.  

RE: Intersting Scenario...It's not over yet - Awful Llama - 12-05-2016

So many pieces have to fall into precise places that it's just not realistic. I want it to be, but that mountain's too tall to climb. We may have two wins left in us and finish 6-9-1. Sorry, but we're in definite Wait 'til Next Year mode at this point.

RE: Intersting Scenario...It's not over yet - bengalguy71 - 12-05-2016

Knowing this team's history, the only way I see them winning out is if they get the primetime game against Texas gets flexed, but since that is their mandatory 'SNF' game, it won't happen.

They have already won one PT game and tied one.

Forums statisticians can confirm this, but I know of no season where they have won 2 PT season games.

RE: Intersting Scenario...It's not over yet - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-05-2016

(12-05-2016, 08:03 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I thought when I saw the NFL, I mean, the steelers beat the Giants and the ratbirds killed the dolphins, that it was over.  No way would one of those two teams lose three of their next four games.  

We know the Bengals can only beat 8-8.  And that assumes them winning out...big assumption.  

Then, I looked at the schedules.  Next week, steelers get the Bills and Rats get the Pats on MNF.  If they both lose, and the Bengals take care of Cleveland, it could get interesting.

Here's why:  The next week, the Bengals host pitt, and we already are assuming the Bengals win out.  The Rats have the Eagles, but on a short week.  If the Rats lose to the Eagles (remember, the Eagles destroyed pitt), one of the two (pitt and balt) are essentially eliminated, because they play each other the following week.  

1.) Zampeze FINALLY moved Dalton around, and changed the target spot for the opposing defense.  Dalton is awesome rolling out.  Lesson learned?

3.) They benched Ogbuehi

[Image: youre-youre-crazy-man-frank-the-tank-dem...152399.jpg]

[Image: xvM3x.gif]

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

RE: Intersting Scenario...It's not over yet - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-05-2016

3.) They benched Ogbuehi

Nice stuff SHXracer. It is possible and the Bengals might of woken up.

That was a dominating performance against a good team. Plus AJ might be back soon.

He sure looked good in pregame warmups.

RE: Intersting Scenario...It's not over yet - StoneTheCrow - 12-05-2016

Don't do this to yourself.

RE: Intersting Scenario...It's not over yet - CINwillWIN - 12-05-2016

(12-05-2016, 11:13 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Don't do this to yourself.
It's NOT his fault....
[Image: SmbuNzt.gif]
Bengals are just not the same team this season...The GOOD hope WILL be there as they HUNT...

RE: Intersting Scenario...It's not over yet - mcapuano - 12-06-2016

I am a very long time Bengals fan. I want to preface what I'm about to say with that because it is not positive and I think our fans will agree with me.

This team does not deserve to go to the playoffs.

Period.

They deserve a big middle finger to Mike Brown and a boot to Marvin Lewis' and Mike Nuggent's ass. Nothing against a ton of Bengal players. But it's time to clean house. I'm more in favor of them cleaning house than them reaching the playoffs with this miserable season they've given us. Sorry, not sorry. The fans deserve better and so does the city of Cincinnati.

RE: Intersting Scenario...It's not over yet - StoneTheCrow - 12-06-2016

(12-05-2016, 11:49 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: It's NOT his fault....
[Image: SmbuNzt.gif]
Bengals are just not the same team this season...The GOOD hope WILL be there as they HUNT...

Fantastic. They've been putting cigarettes out on us since 91.

RE: Intersting Scenario...It's not over yet - bengalfan74 - 12-06-2016

Sorry bro, but it's over.

RE: Intersting Scenario...It's not over yet - magikod - 12-06-2016

no way the eagles beat them lol

eagles team that played PIT was on a roll then.

RE: Intersting Scenario...It's not over yet - cincyfan429 - 12-06-2016

Why would you put yourself through that. Yea I hope it happens but I'm just worried the Browns stick it to us. If they do win out Lewis might be here for 15 more years.

RE: Intersting Scenario...It's not over yet - Vas Deferens - 12-06-2016

Has anyone run the numbers on which scenario is cheaper for the Brown family? You'll find your answer is there.

RE: Intersting Scenario...It's not over yet - Go Cards - 12-06-2016

Could happen i guess, but it is probably powerball type odds against it.

Some earlier games that were just given away and the one the refs took against Pittsburgh will be forever haunting if they do play well the rest of the way.

RE: Intersting Scenario...It's not over yet - WiscoFan - 12-06-2016

It's so far out of our control. I hate having to rely on other teams

RE: Intersting Scenario...It's not over yet - BengalChris - 12-06-2016

Yep, the team did too little too late to savage the season. Could have benched Og after the week one. Now they're playing themselves out of a top 10 pick.

I don't get them at all. What the hell was the point of watching Og imitate a turnstile for 11 games?

RE: Intersting Scenario...It's not over yet - Vas Deferens - 12-06-2016

You Puritan snob.   I'll do to myself as I wish.   My unsubstantiated dreams my rules!