Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Snow Game - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Snow Game (/Thread-Snow-Game)

Pages: 1 2

Snow Game - pally - 12-10-2016

3-5 inches of snow expected during game time. Should be fun

RE: Snow Game - Goalpost - 12-10-2016

You would think that the run game increases with importance. We were successful running on them the 1st game. And to be fair, they ran on us fairly well also.

RE: Snow Game - Go Cards - 12-10-2016

Should be epic then !

Plus Nugent can probably add on to his missed XP total.

Still think we win easily though.

RE: Snow Game - Awful Llama - 12-10-2016

Snowpocalypse?! Snowmageddon?!!!

[Image: f7e037D.jpg]

RE: Snow Game - OBX Bengal - 12-10-2016

When I heard that I could get tickets as low as $7.00, I thought about going until I saw the forecast.

RE: Snow Game - Go Cards - 12-10-2016

(12-10-2016, 02:28 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: When I heard that I could get tickets as low as $7.00, I thought about going until I saw the forecast.

Will say that bad weather  games are never ones you want to go to.

But they are the ones you never forget and talk about for the rest of your life. 

RE: Snow Game - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-10-2016

Love snow games.

RE: Snow Game - wildcats forever - 12-10-2016

(12-10-2016, 03:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love snow games.

Especially the ones when it's really peppering down the snow, and the QB continues to pass downfield successfully. 

RE: Snow Game - Awful Llama - 12-10-2016

(12-10-2016, 02:39 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Will say that bad weather  games are never ones you want to go to.

But they are the ones you never forget and talk about for the rest of your life. 

Very much so.  Remember attending a game back in 2000, the last game of the season at PBS that year.  There was snow and freezing rain overnight, and snow and brutal winds for the game. Walking down Central from our parking spot my buddy said he didn't know if he was going to be able to sit out in that. We had a losing record (natch), Scott Mitchell was our starting QB (Dear God), there wasn't a damn thing to be played for, and the field had been left uncovered and was an icy white mess.  P-Dub took a punt return to the house and that night Berman said he "Gordie Howe-ed" his way to the end zone  Smirk

Rain sucks at a game, no two ways about it.  It's just a miserable experience.  But a snow game, with big fluffy flakes falling and piling up on the field?  Man, those games are a hoot.

RE: Snow Game - jj22 - 12-10-2016

Just no injuries.

RE: Snow Game - GodFather - 12-10-2016

(12-10-2016, 01:27 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Should be epic then !

Plus Nugent can probably add on to his missed XP total.

Still think we win easily though.

Famous last words!!! I bet you also predicted this team to go 10-6 or better at the start of the year also?

RE: Snow Game - TheLeonardLeap - 12-10-2016

(12-10-2016, 03:57 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Very much so.  Remember attending a game back in 2000, the last game of the season at PBS that year.  There was snow and freezing rain overnight, and snow and brutal winds for the game. Walking down Central from our parking spot my buddy said he didn't know if he was going to be able to sit out in that. We had a losing record (natch), Scott Mitchell was our starting QB (Dear God), there wasn't a damn thing to be played for, and the field had been left uncovered and was an icy white mess.  P-Dub took a punt return to the house and that night Berman said he "Gordie Howe-ed" his way to the end zone  Smirk

Rain sucks at a game, no two ways about it.  It's just a miserable experience.  But a snow game, with big fluffy flakes falling and piling up on the field?  Man, those games are a hoot.

40 degree rain games are the absolute worst.

RE: Snow Game - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-10-2016

(12-10-2016, 03:34 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Especially the ones when it's really peppering down the snow, and the QB continues to pass downfield successfully. 

For sure WF. That is what is nice about fluffy snow, doesn't effect play much but gives great scenery.

Unlike a downpour.

RE: Snow Game - guyofthetiger - 12-10-2016

Fun watching the players get tackled and slide another 10 yards. This game is up for grabs. Snow affects all the players.

RE: Snow Game - kevin - 12-11-2016

(12-10-2016, 10:26 AM)pally Wrote: 3-5 inches of snow expected during game time.  Should be fun

I was set to start Dalton, Hill, Lafell, Boyd and Bengals D in Fantasy Football and that doesn't change.....Players have big number games against Browns of worst defense in NFL......Now the Snow could kill me and nobody moves the ball all day.....but, maybe they clear the field before game and during game snow isn't even a factor.....or it snows but Bengals score anyway.....I'm not switching my team all around, the Bengals stay in against this awful Browns defense....and Bengals D because I think Browns changing QB every game not a good thing....and because of snow and Christmas my Fantasy TE is Rudolph.  .......What the heck, I either win big or I lose big. Still hoping Bengals score against Browns like all other teams do. Snow could be a factor or it may not be a factor at all.  Maybe I watch some pregame for a change and see how bad the snow is.  Problem is I bet a lot of NFL North cities have same problem.  Green Bay, Buffalo, Phiily, probably all snow games.

RE: Snow Game - Go Cards - 12-11-2016

(12-10-2016, 04:36 PM)GodFather Wrote: Famous last words!!! I bet you also predicted this team to go 10-6 or better at the start of the year also?

Sure did. 

We are all right some and wrong some. But will say in my prediction unlike most I stated we would have trouble at the beginning of the season with all our departures. But thought we would develop team chemistry by mid season and finish strong. 

Was wrong per not realizing how bad Ced would be. Even though I was one of the only ones not happy with his selection last year.

Yet am certainly willing to wager with anybody not believing in Sundays prediction of a Bengals victory ? 

If I am wrong so be it. Have been a Bengals fan for almost 50 years. Not my first rodeo wallowing in misery courtesy of the Bengals. 

Will pay up, move forward, and root for my Bengals in the next game.  

RE: Snow Game - Go Cards - 12-11-2016

Was wrong on Bengals record this year for certain.

But called Lamar Jacksons Heisman Trophy on September 10 when his odds were 100-1 and shared it on here with you guys.

Money, money, money,.........MONEY !

Calling him being the 2nd ever two time Heisman winner ever right now 365 days early as well.

Bet they will not throw odds like that around against him again though.

RE: Snow Game - Jpoore - 12-11-2016

(12-11-2016, 01:28 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Was wrong on Bengals record this year for certain.

But called Lamar Jacksons Heisman Trophy on September 10 when his odds were 100-1 and shared it on here with you guys.

Money, money, money,.........MONEY !

Calling him being the 2nd ever two time Heisman winner ever right now 365 days early as well.

Bet they will not throw odds like that around against him again though.
Unfortunately hell never be anything more than a college qb I think Watson should have won anyways. 

RE: Snow Game - reuben.ahmed - 12-11-2016

Think J. Hill can go a game without limping off field? This guy turning into Big Ben Jr.

RE: Snow Game - Awful Llama - 12-11-2016

(12-10-2016, 04:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 40 degree rain games are the absolute worst.

True dat.  You have to both bundle up and be water-tight, and if the little bit of rain gets in you're miserable.  

Trying to remember the last time I sat in a game at PBS when it snowed.  Been a long time.  We seem to always play Baltimore on or around Mew Year's Day, and even then it's usually 48 degrees.