Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
core - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: core (/Thread-core--9379)

Pages: 1 2

core - Jpoore - 12-25-2016

Found out why core hadnt been playing more. He dosent attack the ball. He left 60 yards on the field bc he lets the ball come to him.

RE: core - reuben.ahmed - 12-25-2016

That was one of AJ's flaws for a long time (or does he still have it?). AJ doesn't attack the ball, he used to be turrible at stopping picks.

RE: core - THE PISTONS - 12-25-2016

That's coachable for Core. It can be improved.

With that said...he's nothing more than a #4 going into next season. If they bump him to #2 and let Lafell walk and have Boyd in the slot...that's a signal that they're being cheap.

RE: core - motoarch - 12-25-2016

I noticed this too. He doenst really get in position to give himself a chance and to keep the defender off the ball. Hope they can work with him to improve.

RE: core - TSwigZ - 12-25-2016

And he has no separation

RE: core - McC - 12-25-2016

Imagine that--a rookie low round receiver isn't a finished product after not playing for most of the year.

Now that all his negatives are listed, I'd like to mention what he can do. He has good size and speed and looks like he has some YAC ability. I think he's a keeper and will do good things for us in the future.

RE: core - guyofthetiger - 12-25-2016

I'm still on the trade AJ Green wagon. Keep Boyd, LaFell, and Core with a first rounder pick. We are in rebuild mode.

RE: core - McC - 12-25-2016

(12-25-2016, 11:18 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'm still on the trade AJ Green wagon. Keep Boyd, LaFell, and Core with a first rounder pick. We are in rebuild mode.

There is no such wagon.

RE: core - grampahol - 12-25-2016

(12-25-2016, 11:18 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'm still on the trade AJ Green wagon. Keep Boyd, LaFell, and Core with a first rounder pick. We are in rebuild mode.
Your little red wagon is apparently in need of repair.. And you might want to research the frequency of times Mikey trades away star receivers..

RE: core - BengalChris - 12-25-2016

(12-25-2016, 04:40 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Found out why core hadnt been playing more. He dosent attack the ball. He left 60 yards on the field bc he lets the ball come to him.

A rookie 6th round pick, he'll catch on. Urban is our best position coach.

One thing I noticed was that he didn't play to speed last night. He's actually much faster than that, but on the field his game speed seemed to be much slower. It's something for him to work on.

RE: core - Derrick - 12-25-2016

(12-25-2016, 12:42 PM)BengalChris Wrote: A rookie 6th round pick, he'll catch on. Urban is our best position coach.

One thing I noticed was that he didn't play to speed last night. He's actually much faster than that, but on the field his game speed seemed to be much slower. It's something for him to work on.

Right now he has to concentrate on his task at hand. Therefore, he can't run fast and think at the same time. It will come with experience and decent coaching.

RE: core - Jpoore - 12-25-2016

(12-25-2016, 11:15 AM)McC Wrote: Imagine that--a rookie low round receiver isn't a finished product after not playing for most of the year.

Now that all his negatives are listed, I'd like to mention what he can do. He has good size and speed and looks like he has some YAC ability. I think he's a keeper and will do good things for us in the future.
Oh yeah this wasn't a hate post just observation bc people on here had been saying lewis should have been starting him week 1 but I think he can be better than jones easily but he could easily have had separation on that long ball down the middle but he kept slanting didn't go towards the ball. Things like that he should pick up better in offseason.

RE: core - SHRacerX - 12-26-2016

(12-25-2016, 09:56 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's coachable for Core. It can be improved.

With that said...he's nothing more than a #4 going into next season. If they bump him to #2 and let Lafell walk and have Boyd in the slot...that's a signal that they're being cheap.

Disagree.  It is the smart thing to do.  He didn't have a chance to get vertical yesterday, which is what the X receiver would be doing.  With Core's speed and length, it would free up the underneath.  

I agree with the OP that he doesn't fight back to the ball, but it can be learned and he will be a significant contributor next year, IMHO.  I would rather the dollars be spent elsewhere.  With AJ and Eifert back together healthy, and Boyd up and coming, he only needs to be a deep threat and take the top off the defense to let the rest work underneath.  

I also look forward to having a healthy Uzomah on the field the same time as Eifert, especially in the red zone.  Of course, that would require a OC that knows how to use a two TE set.  

RE: core - corpjet - 12-26-2016

He's a 6th rd rookie, give the kid some time.

Also thought he was more of a deep threat, would like to see more Jeff Blake Bombs thrown his way.

RE: core - SHRacerX - 12-26-2016

(12-25-2016, 10:36 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: And he has no separation

That's not accurate.  He has been targeted a couple times this year on deep balls and DID get separation.  It isn't the fault of the WR if the defense knows the QB won't have time for a deep pass and only has to really defend the first 10 yards.  

RE: core - jimbengals - 12-26-2016

Core will get better with time. There was a reason he was taken in the 6th round of the draft. Speed is his biggest asset and he has decent hands just needs polishing on attacking the ball instead of letting it come to him on the shorter passes.

RE: core - fortyyearfan - 12-26-2016

(12-25-2016, 12:21 PM)grampahol Wrote: Your little red wagon is apparently in need of repair.. And you might want to research the frequency of times Mikey trades away star receivers..

heres my beef about a wr that does not come back to the ball,and by the way,if he had caught all those good balls that AD threw to him,they would have won going away.heres a guy that has been playing since he was 6 years old and by the time you arrive in the nfl,if you have not figured this out,shame on you and I feel for the fans who suffer more than anyone in the nfl.this franchise will NEVER win a superbowl as long as the brown family own this joint. its just insane.and marv is going nowhere on his own,unless brown fires him.he has a super good job making a ton of cash,why would he quit,they do not care crap about what we think,believe that.its always about the dollars for the nfl,that is why pissburg gets by with so much shit like holding on every play,cheap shots that end guys time to play.its just so so crooked,and believe this the nfl would much rather see pissburg play the pats for the national afc championship than the lowly bengals.the ratings will be so so high,since both teams are in the dance every year with 11 super bowls between them and we will never even sniff one.now all you young dudes know why so many guys want out of the nati.this place is like a living hell on earth with no end in sight.if brown fires lewis,he will just promote another loser,like our oc or dc and it will be same old same old,I do not care who they draft,nothing will change and pissburg will win again next season.believe it.

RE: core - BengalsRocker - 12-26-2016

Hey at least the guy broke up a few possible interceptions.

Not sure if he ran a bad route or Andy threw a bad ball or even both.

He did get his hands in there to knock that crap out.

Core is serviceable and possibly could be a third option field stretcher.

Give the dude some time people. He might not pan out, but it's waaaay to start ragging on him.

RE: core - CanadianBengal - 12-27-2016

(12-25-2016, 11:24 AM)McC Wrote: There is no such wagon. 
Well put !!!!

RE: core - Go Cards - 12-27-2016

No........just no.