Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Ken "the Snake" Stabler, has passed away - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Around the NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Around-the-NFL)
+--- Thread: Ken "the Snake" Stabler, has passed away (/Thread-Ken-the-Snake-Stabler-has-passed-away)

Ken "the Snake" Stabler, has passed away - SunsetBengal - 07-09-2015

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dgZZJ

I can remember watching him, as a kid.  He had the style that Brett Favre was often compared to, before he made his own name.

RIP, Snake.

RE: Ken "the Snake" Stabler, has passed away - Awful Llama - 07-09-2015

Yep, he was an amazing talent. Also enjoyed listening to him years later when TNT used to have Sunday Night Football ("Sunday NITRO!!!!"). Rest in peace, Mr. Snake.

RE: Ken "the Snake" Stabler, has passed away - jfkbengals - 07-09-2015

RIP Jake.  You led a menagerie of characters and castaways to the promised land, and it is no easy feat to get that type of crew to follow you.  You will be missed...

RE: Ken "the Snake" Stabler, has passed away - RoyleRedlegs - 07-09-2015

Wow. Sad.
Stabler was my go to QB on NFL Street.
Possibly the best Bama QB

RE: Ken "the Snake" Stabler, has passed away - fredtoast - 07-09-2015

Highball drinker.

Lowball thrower.

RIP Snake.

Hated him when he beat us in the playoffs, but he also beat the Stealers a couple of times in the postseason

RE: Ken "the Snake" Stabler, has passed away - SunsetBengal - 07-10-2015

(07-09-2015, 10:26 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: RIP Jake.  You led a menagerie of characters and castaways to the promised land, and it is no easy feat to get that type of crew to follow you.  You will be missed...

Jake?

RE: Ken "the Snake" Stabler, has passed away - rfaulk34 - 07-10-2015

(07-10-2015, 12:05 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Jake?

Jake. 

From State Farm.

RE: Ken "the Snake" Stabler, has passed away - Tiger Teeth - 07-10-2015

RIP Kenny "The Snake" Stabler. Used to love to watch that old Raiders team. Bunch of mean ass players.

RE: Ken "the Snake" Stabler, has passed away - fredtoast - 07-10-2015

(07-10-2015, 12:00 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Used to love to watch that old Raiders team.  Bunch of mean ass players.

The Steeler/Raider games from the 70's were brutal.

The defense would literally pick up a QB and slam him into the ground head first, and if he didn't get up immediately the announcers would call him "soft". Defensive backs would clothesline receivers on a regular basis. D-linemen would "headslap" the O-linemen every time they rushed the passer. Receivers and TEs would "crackback block" DEs at the knees on sweeps.

The NFL is still extremely violent today, but nothing like in the 70's.  The Steelers and Raiders were the baddest of the bad, and almost every time they played there was a lot on the line. Those games were nasty. 

RE: Ken "the Snake" Stabler, has passed away - jason - 07-11-2015

(07-09-2015, 10:56 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Wow. Sad.
Stabler was my go to QB on NFL Street.
Possibly the best Bama QB

I would say he was...  Who else was close? Namath? I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

RE: Ken "the Snake" Stabler, has passed away - Awful Llama - 07-11-2015

(07-11-2015, 12:00 AM)jason Wrote: I would say he was...  Who else was close? Namath? I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

Best ever will be McCarron, once he takes the reigns and leads us to muliple SB wins Ninja

RE: Ken "the Snake" Stabler, has passed away - fredtoast - 07-11-2015

(07-11-2015, 12:00 AM)jason Wrote: I would say he was...  Who else was close? Namath? I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

Bart Starr

(07-11-2015, 12:08 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Bart Starr

Oh yeah... He's better.

(07-11-2015, 12:05 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Best ever will be McCarron, once he takes the reigns and leads us to muliple SB wins Ninja

Somehow he slipped my mind.

RE: Ken "the Snake" Stabler, has passed away - J24 - 07-11-2015

McCarron Ninja
Never mind Awful lama beat me to it.

RE: Ken "the Snake" Stabler, has passed away - guyofthetiger - 07-14-2015

The Raiders were considered the bad asses back in their day. Stabler was an elite QB.