Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
AJ McCarron is a future star - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: AJ McCarron is a future star (/Thread-AJ-McCarron-is-a-future-star)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: AJ McCarron is a future star - Bengalholic - 08-29-2015

Dalton and McCarron both played well tonight. Good to see.

RE: AJ McCarron is a future star - Atomic Orange - 08-30-2015

Uhhh i'm not touching this one. (yet)

Keep in mind da Bears have a lousy defense and Dalton torched them a well.

The team did play with the passion and fire we all covet though

Carry on..

RE: AJ McCarron is a future star - Millhouse - 08-30-2015

(08-30-2015, 12:07 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Uhhh i'm not touching this one. (yet)

Keep in mind da Bears have a lousy defense and Dalton torched them a well.

The team did play with the passion and fire we all covet though

Carry on..

Me either, except I wish Andy could play more like how McCarron played tonight. 

RE: AJ McCarron is a future star - CJD - 08-30-2015

McCarron has had a very nice pre-season so far.

I'm loving it.

Maybe we aren't stuck with Dalton for the next 5 years after all.

RE: AJ McCarron is a future star - BayouBengal - 08-30-2015

(07-12-2015, 01:34 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Get back with us after .... you know ... he throws a pass. 

Can I finally say I told you so yet? 

Keep in mind, I only predicted a full speed hype train after a few preseason games, not that he would start this year.

RE: AJ McCarron is a future star - Sweetness - 08-30-2015

(08-30-2015, 12:18 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Me either, except I wish Andy could play more like how McCarron played tonight. 

In what way does he not?

RE: AJ McCarron is a future star - Beaker - 08-30-2015

I gotta say I'm happy Marvin Jones is healthy again. That deep ball he caught (that got called back) was a terrific catch. And his TD was awesome with the YAC.

RE: AJ McCarron is a future star - McC - 08-30-2015

(08-30-2015, 12:48 AM)Beaker Wrote: I gotta say I'm happy Marvin Jones is healthy again. That deep ball he caught (that got called back) was a terrific catch. And his TD was awesome with the YAC.

Kinda forgot how good he can be.  Two excellent plays.

RE: AJ McCarron is a future star - BigSeph - 08-30-2015

(08-30-2015, 12:25 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: McCarron has had a very nice pre-season so far.

I'm loving it.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Let's start an avatar party!

(08-30-2015, 12:25 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: McCarron has had a very nice pre-season so far.

I'm loving it.

He's a pretty cool customer.  That is a necessity.  He throws a nice, catchable ball, allows guys to get YAC.  He handles the pressure well.  He looked good with the 1's against the 1's.  So far, he's done about everything you could want him to do.

RE: AJ McCarron is a future star - Millhouse - 08-30-2015

(08-30-2015, 12:46 AM)Sweetness Wrote: In what way does he not?

Good pocket awareness, poise, good throws on the run, no high throws short, medium, and long.

Also that is simply referring to McC's performance, not to McC himself persay.

RE: AJ McCarron is a future star - Sweetness - 08-30-2015

(08-30-2015, 01:26 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Good pocket awareness, poise, good throws on the run, no high throws short, medium, and long.

Also that is simply referring to McC's performance, not to McC himself persay.

Dalton did the same thing in tonights performance. And dont take this as me being a huge Dalton supporter, I definitely think our QB could be upgraded. I just think all this huge lovefest for McCarron is a little premature given 2 preseason games, one of which was against 2nd and 3 teamers.

That said, I thought both quarterbacks looked good on both their throwing and ability to make plays with their feet when there was nothing. So far I haven't really seen anything physically that McCarron can do that Dalton can't. What he has as far as attitude, "leadership", and mentality could be very different though. Too soon to tell if that's good or bad imo.

(08-30-2015, 01:30 AM)Sweetness Wrote: Dalton did the same thing in tonights performance. And take this as me being a huge Dalton supporter, I definitely think our QB could be upgraded. I just think all this huge lovefest for McCarron is a little premature given 2 preseason games, one of which was against 2nd and 3 teamers.

Huge lovefest might be pushing it, don't ya think?  All I see is people acknowledging what happened, which is that, in two chances, AJ has played well twice.  And it's kinda easy to see why his teammates are saying what they're saying about him.

RE: AJ McCarron is a future star - BURROWorBUST - 08-30-2015

Andy Dalton does not make that throw to MLJ for the TD.

...just saying.

RE: AJ McCarron is a future star - Brownshoe - 08-30-2015

(08-30-2015, 02:07 AM)Shady Wrote: Andy Dalton does not make that throw to MLJ for the TD.

...just saying.

It's not like Dalton hasn't already done that 10 times.

RE: AJ McCarron is a future star - Utts - 08-30-2015

(08-30-2015, 02:07 AM)Shady Wrote: Andy Dalton does not make that throw to MLJ for the TD.

...just saying.

The apologists will try to discredit you, but you're exactly right.

(08-30-2015, 02:09 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: It's not like Dalton hasn't already done that 10 times.

Show me where he's ever had the touch to drop a ball over a LB like that to hit anyone in stride.

(08-30-2015, 02:10 AM)Utts Wrote: The apologists will try to discredit you, but you're exactly right.

Yeah, Andy needs a  clear passing lane. He's good at putting balls up for grabs. Most of the times our guys go up and get it (like Burkhead tonight), but it does lead to a few INTs as well.

RE: AJ McCarron is a future star - BayouBengal - 08-30-2015

(08-30-2015, 01:17 AM)BigSeph Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Let's start an avatar party!

Just print screened that avatar from an espn video
AJ gets fired up! I love that.

RE: AJ McCarron is a future star - Brownshoe - 08-30-2015

(08-30-2015, 02:12 AM)Shady Wrote: Show me where he's ever had the touch to drop a ball over a LB like that to hit anyone in stride.

Against the Jets in 2013 right before the half. That's just off the top of my head.