Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
R U Steeler Guys freaking out over the thought? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Rival Talk (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Rival-Talk)
+--- Thread: R U Steeler Guys freaking out over the thought? (/Thread-R-U-Steeler-Guys-freaking-out-over-the-thought)

Pages: 1 2 3

R U Steeler Guys freaking out over the thought? - McC - 01-24-2017

Not that I believe he will retire, but did you wet yourselves a little at the thought of life after Ben? Cuz you ain't ready for it.

RE: R U Steeler Guys freaking out over the thought? - BmorePat87 - 01-24-2017

They're 9-10 all time with Ben sitting out, but 7-5 if you don't count games against the Ravens. They should be fine if he does retire.

RE: R U Steeler Guys freaking out over the thought? - McC - 01-24-2017

(01-24-2017, 07:19 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: They're 9-10 all time with Ben sitting out, but 7-5 if you don't count games against the Ravens. They should be fine if he does retire.

You kinda have to count them, don't you?  They will still go on playing you guys twice a year.  That looks like sub .500 to me.
They won't fall into oblivion because the organization is sound, but it's still all about the QB in the NFL.  They will be far from the same.  How much of their offense relies on Ben going playground like only he can do?  Who takes over that?

RE: R U Steeler Guys freaking out over the thought? - GMDino - 01-24-2017

(01-24-2017, 05:51 PM)McC Wrote: Not that I believe he will retire, but did you wet yourselves a little at the thought of life after Ben?  Cuz you ain't ready for it.

No because:

a) Every off-season he says he's going to see how he feels/assess his situation/etc.

b) No player plays forever.  I've seen the great team of the 70's retire and every player since.  It happens.

I won't be happy when he retires, and I hope they have a plan by then.  But its part of professional sports that all of them leave eventually.

RE: R U Steeler Guys freaking out over the thought? - 6andcounting - 01-24-2017

(01-24-2017, 07:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: No because:

a) Every off-season he says he's going to see how he feels/assess his situation/etc.

b) No player plays forever.  I've seen the great team of the 70's retire and every player since.  It happens.

I won't be happy when he retires, and I hope they have a plan by then.  But its part of professional sports that all of them leave eventually.
It's Brucey's time to shine.  ThumbsUp

RE: R U Steeler Guys freaking out over the thought? - McC - 01-24-2017

(01-24-2017, 10:44 PM)6andcounting Wrote: It's Brucey's time to shine.  ThumbsUp

But he got his AARP card last year.

RE: R U Steeler Guys freaking out over the thought? - JS-Steelerfan - 01-25-2017

(01-24-2017, 07:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: No because:

Yeah, it is what it is.

I think most of us know that nothing lasts forever. I've been incredibly lucky to watch my team win it all four times (I was too young to remember the first two). I waited for 25 years before they got the last two, so if they go into another period of mediocrity, so be it. Bengal fans know better than most that championships are not a prequisite for fan loyalty. ThumbsUp

RE: R U Steeler Guys freaking out over the thought? - ballsofsteel - 01-25-2017

With Ben retiring and the Ravens on the decline, the Bungals or the Stains will have a chance to rise to prominence. Are either one up for it?

RE: R U Steeler Guys freaking out over the thought? - StoneTheCrow - 01-25-2017

Bridge for sale.

He's a ham who's hamming. It's what hams do.

Steelers fans know he isn't going anywhere. Unless they believe his BS. Y'all don't believe his dramatics, do you?

RE: R U Steeler Guys freaking out over the thought? - BmorePat87 - 01-25-2017

(01-25-2017, 07:23 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: With Ben retiring and the Ravens on the decline, the Bungals or the Stains will have a chance to rise to prominence. Are either one up for it?

Hey, we're +3 games from last season while the Bengals are -5.5 and the Browns -2

RE: R U Steeler Guys freaking out over the thought? - JS-Steelerfan - 01-25-2017

(01-25-2017, 09:17 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Bridge for sale.

He's a ham who's hamming. It's what hams do.

Steelers fans know he isn't going anywhere. Unless they believe his BS. Y'all don't believe his dramatics, do you?

Not really, but whether he retires this year or not, his eventual retirement is inevitable, so there's no sense getting worked up either way.

I have to chuckle a bit, though, because I remember when Bengal fans used to argue against Ben's legitimacy as a great QB (especially when compared to the almighty Carson). Now, they're trying to get us to lament over how disastrous his retirement would be. LOL

RE: R U Steeler Guys freaking out over the thought? - StoneTheCrow - 01-25-2017

(01-25-2017, 10:16 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Not really, but whether he retires this year or not, his eventual retirement is inevitable, so there's not sense getting worked up either way.

I have to chuckle a bit, though, because I remember when Bengal fans used to argue against Ben's legitimacy as a great QB (especially when compared to the almighty Carson). Now, they're trying to get us to lament over how disastrous his retirement would be. LOL

Carson vs Ben, Chad vs Hines, Troy Pooalanaulau vs Madeiu Williams. Ha. The good ol days.

RE: R U Steeler Guys freaking out over the thought? - michaelsean - 01-25-2017

(01-25-2017, 10:16 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Not really, but whether he retires this year or not, his eventual retirement is inevitable, so there's not sense getting worked up either way.  

I have to chuckle a bit, though, because I remember when Bengal fans used to argue against Ben's legitimacy as a great QB (especially when compared to the almighty Carson).  Now, they're trying to get us to lament over how disastrous his retirement would be.  LOL

Well in 2005 it was a legitimate argument, and at that point in time, Carson was the better QB.

RE: R U Steeler Guys freaking out over the thought? - XenoMorph - 01-25-2017

I have to chuckle a bit, though, because I remember when Bengal fans used to argue against Ben's legitimacy as a great QB (especially when compared to the almighty Carson).  Now, they're trying to get us to lament over how disastrous his retirement would be.  LOL

that's when you guys were saying he was great after the first superbowl win where he basically just handed the ball off...

RE: R U Steeler Guys freaking out over the thought? - StrictlyBiz - 01-25-2017

(01-25-2017, 03:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well in 2005 it was a legitimate argument, and at that point in time, Carson was the better QB.

No he wasn't.

Never was, never will be.

Spin it however you want, time has proven us Steelers fans right.

RE: R U Steeler Guys freaking out over the thought? - StrictlyBiz - 01-25-2017

I was going to post the same thing. 

RE: R U Steeler Guys freaking out over the thought? - michaelsean - 01-25-2017

(01-25-2017, 05:29 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: No he wasn't.

Never was, never will be.

Spin it however you want, time has proven us Steelers fans right.

I don't need to spin statistics.  QB ranking of 101.1 vs 98.1  

RE: R U Steeler Guys freaking out over the thought? - Beaker - 01-26-2017

I would like to see ben forced out, not go out on his own terms. He deserves that.

RE: R U Steeler Guys freaking out over the thought? - Rotobeast - 01-26-2017

(01-26-2017, 12:49 AM)Beaker Wrote: I would like to see ben forced out, not go out on his own terms. He deserves that.
Like...after we draft Reuben Foster and he and Burfict meet at Ben in the pocket for a career ending Malachi Crunch ?

Oh whoa.ez..me... how could you wish such a thing ?
Ninja

RE: R U Steeler Guys freaking out over the thought? - Vas Deferens - 01-26-2017

(01-26-2017, 12:49 AM)Beaker Wrote: I would like to see ben forced out, not go out on his own terms. He deserves that.

Just like he's been known to force in.