Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
There are only 2 genders - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: There are only 2 genders (/Thread-There-are-only-2-genders)

Pages: 1 2

There are only 2 genders - Beaker - 02-08-2017

A transgender male to female person explaining why there are still only two genders....male and female. Agree or disagree?

RE: There are only 2 genders - WeezyBengal - 02-08-2017

Agree 100%.

In my opinion, I think people can be born with gender issues. There are instances where a man can be trapped inside a woman's body, its a birth defect to an extent. Do I think there are people out there who don't necessarily have this issue and just want to change genders? Absolutely, and I have a problem with that.

If people that ACTUALLY have gender identity issues want to switch genders to find peace within themselves, im all for it...just don't let it effect me. You can go on living your life dealing with what you deal with without the need for a transgender bathroom, etc.

I get tired of all the drama and political BS that comes with the whole transgender movement.

RE: There are only 2 genders - WeezyBengal - 02-08-2017

Also, shes a transgender female to male...which is a shame because shes a cutie.

RE: There are only 2 genders - Beaker - 02-08-2017

(02-08-2017, 06:57 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Also, shes a transgender female to male...which is a shame because shes a cutie.

Nope...she was born a boy.

RE: There are only 2 genders - XenoMorph - 02-09-2017

(02-08-2017, 06:39 PM)Beaker Wrote: A transgender male to female person explaining why there are still only two genders....male and female. Agree or disagree?

I identify as a xenomorph

RE: There are only 2 genders - Benton - 02-09-2017

So this is what pops up when you google "cute ladyboy videos."

Mellow

RE: There are only 2 genders - BmorePat87 - 02-09-2017

Disagree. Gender is a social construct. Some cultures have "third genders", though I'd say that gender is a spectrum with two ends, with people falling somewhere on that spectrum and most people identifying with the end they are closer to.

I also do not think someone who is trans is any more of an expert on gender than someone who isn't trans (I don't like the word "CIS") is, just as someone who is bi isn't any more of an expert on sexuality than someone who is straight or gay.

RE: There are only 2 genders - michaelsean - 02-09-2017

If anyone ever asks me my pronoun I may lose it.

That being said, her explanation of what a transgender is works better in my mind.

RE: There are only 2 genders - CageTheBengal - 02-09-2017

You're born a male or a female unless you are unfortunate enough to be born a mix of both. When someone says they identify with being a male but they're female that's not an abstract concept they want to fit into it's one of two defined categories. The differences in those categories are defined by our chemical makeup and the organs we posses in our bodies. Gender roles and societies view on a certain gender is separate from this.

I do have to wonder at times if we're missing the big picture while doing gender swaps. I personally don't know anybody that experienced anything like that but the ones I witness on the internet and TV seem to want to fit a cookie cutter mold of what a man or a woman is "supposed" to be. If they are female switching to male they have a shaved head, workout and sport a "Tapout" t-shirt. If it's a male to female they want to look pretty and feminine and both sides look like they are over-compensating while missing the point society has been preaching for years that it doesn't matter what gender you are you can be whatever you want to be. So is gender really the issue or is putting off a persona/lifestyle the issue? Is it any different then a cross-dressing man who likes to feel pretty and dolled up? Being pretty doesn't define what it means to be a woman just like being strong doesn't define a man or is that all wrong?

RE: There are only 2 genders - Au165 - 02-09-2017

(02-08-2017, 06:57 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Also, shes a transgender female to male...which is a shame because shes a cutie.

Does this make you question some things knowing they were born a male? Shocked

RE: There are only 2 genders - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 02-09-2017

(02-08-2017, 06:39 PM)Beaker Wrote: A transgender male to female person explaining why there are still only two genders....male and female. Agree or disagree?

So I watched part of the video and got bored with it.  If you tell me you're Erin, and not Aron, that's cool, I'm beyond caring at this point what two consenting adults do.  Whatever trips your trigger :andy:

RE: There are only 2 genders - GMDino - 02-09-2017

(02-09-2017, 03:45 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: So I watched part of the video and got bored with it.  If you tell me you're Erin, and not Aron, that's cool, I'm beyond caring at this point what two consenting adults do.  Whatever trips your trigger :andy:

I always fall in with that line of thinking too.

If you don't tell me I don't ask or care.

(02-08-2017, 07:16 PM)Beaker Wrote: Nope...she was born a boy.

Hilarious I imagine weezy in the shower curled up like a fetus, like in that movie, I forget the name.  I think it was something like the "Crying Game" or "Crying Girl", I don't remember of the top of my head.  Ace Ventura did a parody on it...hilarious!

(02-09-2017, 03:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: I always fall in with that line of thinking too.

If you don't tell me I don't ask or care.

I honestly have no idea why some are so hung up on it?

RE: There are only 2 genders - GMDino - 02-09-2017

(02-09-2017, 03:59 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I honestly have no idea why some are so hung up on it?

And that goes for both those who insist boys be boys and girls be girls and those who want to tell us all about their desire to be the other.

I don't care what people do in their bedrooms, I don't care what's in their pants.

RE: There are only 2 genders - michaelsean - 02-09-2017

(02-09-2017, 03:54 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Hilarious I imagine weezy in the shower curled up like a fetus,  like in that movie, I forget the name.  I think it was something like the "Crying Game" or "Crying Girl", I don't remember of the top of my head.  Ace Ventura did a parody on it...hilarious!

Every Lifetime movie ever.

RE: There are only 2 genders - Beaker - 02-09-2017

(02-09-2017, 12:44 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Disagree. Gender is a social construct.

Gender is a biological construct. Gender roles are a social construct. You can say you identify or present as whatever you want. But that is an idea in your head. Transgender is a medically identifiable and measurable quantity. But your gender is either male, female, or in the case of a transgender, you are someone who is transitioning from one gender to the other.

RE: There are only 2 genders - bfine32 - 02-09-2017

(02-09-2017, 12:44 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Disagree. Gender is a social construct. Some cultures have "third genders", though I'd say that gender is a spectrum with two ends, with people falling somewhere on that spectrum and most people identifying with the end they are closer to.

I also do not think someone who is trans is any more of an expert on gender than someone who isn't trans (I don't like the word "CIS") is, just as someone who is bi isn't any more of an expert on sexuality than someone who is straight or gay.

Gender is not a social construct; gender roles are. 

RE: There are only 2 genders - bfine32 - 02-09-2017

(02-09-2017, 11:39 PM)Beaker Wrote: Gender is a biological construct. Gender roles are a social construct. You can say you identify or present as whatever you want. But that is an idea in your head. Transgender is a medically identifiable and measurable quantity. But your gender is either male, female, or in the case of a transgender, you are someone who is transitioning from one gender to the other.

Damn it. I should have read all the way down before adding my $0.02, just saw that one and immediately disagreed. Obviously, I agree.

RE: There are only 2 genders - BmorePat87 - 02-09-2017

(02-09-2017, 11:39 PM)Beaker Wrote: Gender is a biological construct. Gender roles are a social construct. You can say you identify or present as whatever you want. But that is an idea in your head. Transgender is a medically identifiable and measurable quantity. But your gender is either male, female, or in the case of a transgender, you are someone who is transitioning from one gender to the other.

Sex is a biological construct, gender is the social construct. Gender roles are the behaviors that are then associated with the culturally identified gender. Since sex is basically binary (yea, I know, intersex exists too), the gender spectrum would have male on one end and female on the other, with everyone falling at different places (your girly girls, your tom boys, your manly men, your whatever insulting word we have for effeminate men... why that's the only negative one is a whole other sociological discussion).