Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The House GOP Wants Private Debt Collectors To Take Over IRS Jobs
(11-04-2015, 02:06 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: This to me sounds awfully close to a private debt collection company in the beginning stages of lobbying for incarceration powers.

Holy shit that is scary.  Taking private prisons to the next level.  Talk about getting your shit in one sock!  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-04-2015, 05:03 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Holy shit that is scary.  Taking private prisons to the next level.  Talk about getting your shit in one sock!  

Right now the Private Debt Collection companies only have your credit as a penalizing factor and to be honest, if you are savvy, and understand how the system works it will only be a problem for 7 year, probably less if you work it properly. 

They have no teeth.

The IRS on the other hand can garnish wages/incarcerate

They have teeth.

How do you get teeth?  Begin doing the job of the person with teeth, then complain that you can't properly do it without teeth.  Next thing you know there's a brand new set of dentures on your desk the next day.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(11-04-2015, 05:10 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Right now the Private Debt Collection companies only have your credit as a penalizing factor and to be honest, if you are savvy, and understand how the system works it will only be a problem for 7 year, probably less if you work it properly. 

They have no teeth.

The IRS on the other hand can garnish wages/incarcerate

They have teeth.

How do you get teeth?  Begin doing the job of the person with teeth, then complain that you can't properly do it without teeth.  Next thing you know there's a brand new set of dentures on your desk the next day.

[Image: 508707.gif]
I believe Roto is the douche that will lobby for just that.

(11-04-2015, 05:34 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I believe Roto is the douche that will lobby for just that.

For dentures? Ninja

A douche with teeth. Now there's a mental image.
(11-04-2015, 05:34 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I believe Roto is the douche that will lobby for just that.

Teeth.... heck no !
I want yours removed.
Ninja
Ugh ..... We need less of IRS actions all together.
(11-05-2015, 01:05 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ugh .....  We need less of IRS actions all together.

Yeah.  All taxes are bad.  Roads will pay for themselves.  
(11-05-2015, 02:48 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Yeah.  All taxes are bad.  Roads will pay for themselves.  

Private companies will build them and maintain them!

Now you DID buy the "Extra Mile" package so you can use the road on weekends too, right?

Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-05-2015, 08:22 AM)GMDino Wrote: Private companies will build them and maintain them!

Now you DID buy the "Extra Mile" package so you can use the road on weekends too, right?

Smirk

If you want roads then just move to a place with roads.
(11-04-2015, 11:10 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Teeth.... heck no !
I want yours removed.
Ninja

For the thousandth time, Roto.  I don't swing that way.   Cool

(11-05-2015, 02:48 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Yeah.  All taxes are bad.  Roads will pay for themselves.  

Yeah, and trillions of dollars are not enough. WE NEED MORE!!!
(11-05-2015, 10:50 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Yeah, and trillions of dollars are not enough. WE NEED MORE!!!

These savages aren't going to kill themselves.
(11-05-2015, 02:48 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Yeah.  All taxes are bad.  Roads will pay for themselves.  
The IRS didn't exist until 1862 (under a different name) and the income tax didn't exist until the Civil War. And it wasn't until 1895 that a peacetime income tax was passed where the revenue could conceivably be used to build roads and not just bullets and cannons.

I'm pretty sure roads - among every other public service/utility - existed prior to 1895.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(11-05-2015, 11:25 AM)6andcounting Wrote: The IRS didn't exist until 1862 (under a different name) and the income tax didn't exist until the Civil War. And it wasn't until 1895 that a peacetime income tax was passed where the revenue could conceivably be used to build roads and not just bullets and cannons.

I'm pretty sure roads - among every other public service/utility - existed prior to 1895.

Dirt roads. Perfect for horses.

No so much for cars.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-05-2015, 11:25 AM)6andcounting Wrote: The IRS didn't exist until 1862 (under a different name) and the income tax didn't exist until the Civil War. And it wasn't until 1895 that a peacetime income tax was passed where the revenue could conceivably be used to build roads and not just bullets and cannons.

Indeed. Of course, there was no interstate system for the federal government to fund until even later and publicly maintained roads on the state and local level have had other taxation methods to use for them.

Hilarious

(11-05-2015, 11:38 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Indeed. Of course, there was no interstate system for the federal government to fund until even later and publicly maintained roads on the state and local level have had other taxation methods to use for them.

Until they confiscated tons of gold.
Ninja

(11-05-2015, 10:45 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: For the thousandth time, Roto.  I don't swing that way.   Cool
I never accused you of swinging.
I know better.
I noticed that you set up your base camp on that side of the fence.
Smirk
(11-05-2015, 01:16 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Until they confiscated tons of gold.
Ninja

I never accused you of swinging.
I know better.
I noticed that you set up your base camp on that side of the fence.
Smirk
Swinging, not swinging, it's really irrelevant.  I am not going to join you on the toothless side of the fence.  So just stop.   :angry:

(11-05-2015, 01:24 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Swinging, not swinging, it's really irrelevant.  I am not going to join you on the toothless side of the fence.  So just stop.   :angry:

frownie face.... I R Confused

Just in case.... as I haven't come across as I wish lately....
 :jk: