Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(05-14-2021, 04:51 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Have a great weekend!  :)

You too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I guess I don't understand the law because Sam's Club (here in Ohio) lifted the mask mandate for any people fully vaccinated. I thought the law was still in effect until June 2.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2021, 05:44 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I guess I don't understand the law because Sam's Club (here in Ohio) lifted the mask mandate for any people fully vaccinated. I thought the law was still in effect until June 2.

https://www.statenews.org/post/ohio-ending-mask-mandate-vaccinated-people-along-compliance-enforcement

Virginia did the same thing, so I knew what to look for.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 07:09 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: https://www.statenews.org/post/ohio-ending-mask-mandate-vaccinated-people-along-compliance-enforcement

Virginia did the same thing, so I knew what to look for.

Oh I didn't see t he part where this went into effect up until June 2 when all orders are lifted.  Thanks.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I now know 3 people who are fully vaccinated and have been for over a month.  All 3 within a week have tested Covid +.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 11:32 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I now know 3 people who are fully vaccinated and have been so for over a month.  All 3 within a week have tested Covid +.

That's the problem with anecdotal evidence, because I know probably 35 or so fully vaccinated people, and none have had a positive COVID test that I am aware of.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 11:36 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: That's the problem with anecdotal evidence, because I know probably 35 or so fully vaccinated people, and none have had a positive COVID test that I am aware of.

I'm just making a factual statement.  I'm not claiming it means anything.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 11:32 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I now know 3 people who are fully vaccinated and have been for over a month.  All 3 within a week have tested Covid +.

I'd be curious to hear which vaccine they got.  Obviously Johnson and Johnson is the least effective in preventing a positive case.

I'd also be curious to hear what their symptoms are like.  Do they mild symptoms?  Are they asymptomatic?  What caused them to be tested to begin with?
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 12:27 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'd be curious to hear which vaccine they got.  Obviously Johnson and Johnson is the least effective in preventing a positive case.

I'd also be curious to hear what their symptoms are like.  Do they mild symptoms?  Are they asymptomatic?  What caused them to be tested to begin with?

I really don't know.  They are parents of friends of our kids that my wife talks to.  I just know that they were all vaccinated awhile ago and just recently tested positive.  The most recent one being this morning.

When my daughters friend (10) had it she had mild symptoms for a day and was fine.  

I do not personally know anyone who has had anything but mild or no symptoms.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 11:32 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I now know 3 people who are fully vaccinated and have been for over a month.  All 3 within a week have tested Covid +.

Which can happen with any vaccine as no vaccine is 100% preventative. 

I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts they don't end up on ventilators, though.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 02:17 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Which can happen with any vaccine as no vaccine is 100% preventative. 

I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts they don't end up on ventilators, though.

There are also huge amounts of unvaccinated who do not end up on ventilators.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 04:28 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: There are also huge amounts of unvaccinated who do not end up on ventilators.

Right.  The VAST majority of people, vaccinated or not, do not end up on ventilators.  That does not mean vaccinations are without warrant. 

You can still "get" COVID once vaccinated, but its ability to debilitate a vaccinated person is diminished.

If let to spread unabated, the mortality rate of COVID would increase exponentially.

This is the problem with uniformed people spreading anecdotal half-information around like it holds the same weight as scientific expertise.  
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 01:31 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I really don't know.  They are parents of friends of our kids that my wife talks to.  I just know that they were all vaccinated awhile ago and just recently tested positive.  The most recent one being this morning.

When my daughters friend (10) had it she had mild symptoms for a day and was fine.  

I do not personally know anyone who has had anything but mild or no symptoms.

My husband's family has unfortunately been hit rather hard; 3 deaths stemming from COVID related complications.

We both received our 2nd doses two days ago. I've done rather well, but he was bedridden and in quite a bit of pain yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 04:28 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: There are also huge amounts of unvaccinated who do not end up on ventilators.

Huge amounts of unvaccinated people died, too.

Vaccinated people can still get it, and make the already unlikely scenario of death by Covid even more unlikely.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 06:46 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Huge amounts of unvaccinated people died, too.

Vaccinated people can still get it, and make the already unlikely scenario of death by Covid even more unlikely.

Right. And I’m amazed that we even need to say this, because it’s been widely disseminated and aligns with high school education on viruses, but vaccinated people can not only GET IT, but (hold for the obvious...) SPREAD IT. Bottom line, a vaccinated person is in better shape to not get to a terrible place in the infection within the lungs that kills people and spreads it at a higher pace.

It would be a whole different if all these selfish dummies could only kill each other, but the ignorance is the bane of all of our livelihoods instead of just an cute exploitable quirk.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 08:12 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Right. And I’m amazed that we even need to say this, because it’s been widely disseminated and aligns with high school education on viruses, but vaccinated people can not only GET IT, but (hold for the obvious...) SPREAD IT. Bottom line, a vaccinated person is in better shape to not get to a terrible place in the infection within the lungs that kills people and spreads it at a higher pace.

It would be a whole different if all these selfish dummies could only kill each other, but the ignorance is the bane of all of our livelihoods instead of just an cute exploitable quirk.

I'm at a loss for the need for people to share their experiences of such and such who is fully vaccinated, but just tested positive.... And?

One's 90% effective, another's 95%, and yet another is 60%... The common thread with all three of them is that they are 100% effective when it comes to a person not dying from Covid-19. I was just at a funeral today for someone that died not long after being fully vaccinated... Some scary shit; right?

Except she was 80 years old, obese, and died from a heart attack. I could easily frame that story into a different narrative, but I'm busy livin' life.

I'm so over discussing this shit to with the willfully ignorant. You don't wanna get the vaccine? Cool... Don't. I did, and everyone I know (minus my ex wife) has too. At this point, I don't give a f**k what everyone else is doing. That may change if the virus can't be squashed out, and eventually mutates into something much more deadly (which all of these deniers seemed to have been hoping for in the first place), and put this whole situation back to square one.

Smallpox would still be killing us all, and we'd be suffering from polio to this day if these folks would have be spreading their nonsense years and decades ago (thanks Zuckerberg)... Fun fact; the last polio outbreak in this country hit the Amish. Guess what the Amish don't believe in.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 11:51 PM)jason Wrote: Smallpox would still be killing us all, and we'd be suffering from polio to this day if these folks would have be spreading their nonsense years and decades ago (thanks Zuckerberg)... Fun fact; the last polio outbreak in this country hit the Amish. Guess what the Amish don't believe in.

Sorry to hear about your loss. But you are spot on and I’m at the point where I think there need to be long term consequences for science deniers. Make them pay more for healthcare. Very simple.

It’s easy everyone. You want to enjoy the benefits of an advanced society? Jump on board. If you don’t, we have an island with your sisters name on it.
Reply/Quote
Before it gets traction, here is a good thread (click on and read through) about the "New" and "Big" revelation regarding the sick scientists in Wuhan. Essentially, it's all uncited claims that have been recycled using terms no one in the intelligence community would ever use and is oddly similar to other reports that came out last April that were debunked.

Reply/Quote
(05-22-2021, 01:13 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Sorry to hear about your loss.  But you are spot on and I’m at the point where I think there need to be long term consequences for science deniers.   Make them pay more for healthcare.   Very simple.  

It’s easy everyone.  You want to enjoy the benefits of an advanced society?  Jump on board.   If you don’t, we have an island with your sisters name on it.

Do flat earthers have to pay more for health insurance?  I assume you are for single payer/universal health coverage.  If that happens, how do we get back at them then?

Reply/Quote
I just dont want to hear how the U.S.A. is the greatest country on the planet after how lunatic politicians (mainly whom were from one political party and a certain ex-President) handled Covid, and how the CDC who are supposed to be smart have also handled it including the latest mask guideline which just ticks me off.

This is my first post in quite a few months because back in January I was diagnosed with a major medical condition, and have been getting treatments with hospital visits since. Im not out of the woods yet as I have an upcoming bone marrow transplant at any point, so I am now relegated to staying home 24/7 since many aren't wearing masks in stores and elsewhere now. I cant take the now big increase of risk (thanks CDC!) in being around anyone for the most part. I also cant get vaccinated yet either, which is a double whammy because I need it asap.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote